Deadly missions

When I first got the game and peeked in the forums the first thing I noticed were how many people were complaining about deadly missions being removed from the game. from what I gathered these missions offered great loot but if you failed the mission ie ur people died... They died-forever.

That was back when scavenge outpost and a comparably bad weekly challenge format were the only things to speak of to go with story mode.

Now we have heroes, guild wars, a much better challenge season, season missions and the distance on top of that.

Howevever if you are a higher up player and have joined the nightmare club (meaning stroy missions all completed on nightmare) and are up to date on the seasons challenges then the distance and outposts are really all that's left to send your people to during the down time between weekly challenges.

That's great but you are far more likely to run out of gas long before you burn through your main fighters. For challenge and outpost I personally use the same 8 guys. 2 of each assault Hunter warrier and bruiser. When one Hunter goes down I swap in his "second" this makes up my main hit squad-the core of my army. But what of all the others? The unnamed people you keep from a radio call or a nostalgic character you got back In a rescue story mission? When did they last see a good fight?

The only time the "cannon fodder" method is implemented is during the distance, but for some of those missions simply throwing men at the enemy is not enough and they just get "out of action".

What I'm getting at Is aside from my main squad I don't know anyone in my ranks, I barely use em. I want to have a reason to upgrade my lower guys and the risk of playing deadly missions would add a layer of fun not possible when heroes didn't exist. I wouldn't send my hero's in a deadly mission (hell that shouldn't be possible) but id want to have my lower guys used.

It's like "man I just got this guy from a radio call he's got nice traits but I really want (supplies, exp, radios, class tokens, hero tokens , gas, trade goods ,guild wars gas). Is it worth the risk. Hmm while waiting for my regular fuel I should try to get that."

A few things to clarify.

Deadly missions-

If your people fall. They are dead. No revives, no chance of return

Injured- even with a single pixel of red health left would be a "heavy injury" and is able to be healed as normal

Gear can be recovered by "scavenging the corpse" for 2 turns or something before fleeing to the exit.

Like in the distance. Completion is a survivor getting to the end. "One lives all live" as the oath goes ;)

Deadly missions would take a special type of "fuel" to start. I dunno "freemen intel" or something.
These could be found in various
aspects of the game (specific
suggestions from me would waste
space xD)
The above point would give players something to do while waiting for fuel (which honestly takes forever to recharge as is (maybe reduce from 10 minutes to 5? Should be fair. We as players would still have to wait (or buy) but wouldn't be waiting 40 minutes (for the 4 gas) to do a mission that takes 5 minutes to complete but I digress)

Anyways this was just a suggestion to bring back a game mode that was removed long ago that many seemed to like (from what I saw in forums at least)

Sorry for any typos/ rambling of the post. I wrote it on my phone at 1-230 am xD.

Last thing. Id love to hear opinions on this on if it's even possible/ a good idea. Feel free to debate any points I made or build on the idea.

As side note Any devs reading this
Bravo to you all. This game was alright when I first got it. But it's come a long way since then and made it's way to my favorite game (except maybe book beach) Happy Holidays to you all!

General2673
Elder
Rotke guild
fear those whom are conquered for they are they are a most deadly enemy - hidden in plain sight
allent392Michonor23JustLuna77anthony172MrLuckyTheWizEdbigbeano1Riswalker423Drhoo

Comments

• JustLuna77JustLuna77 Member Posts: 15
    Hmm I don't think it would be worth it. I played a few of those deadly missions when the game came out and lost the best people I had. It honestly made me quit and when I started playing again, it took me forever to get back to where I was when it came to my survivors. I honestly think that it wouldn't be something nice to add to the game. They got rid of it for a reason.
    walker423
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 296
    I say BRING IT BACK! I want a Memorial Tent!
    (Just missed it) :blush:
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 202
    I think they got rid of the deadly missions around the same time they introduced pink stars. I can’t remember the two being definitely linked, but I always assumed they were. Imagine losing a multiple pink starred survivor, that you had spent possibly years building up...... I personally wouldn’t want to see them coming back, and if they did, I would not want to risk my best survivors there, just in case......
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind
  • TheWizEdTheWizEd Member Posts: 54
    I also posted a thread about bring back Deadly Missions, and agree with general2673.

Now I hear the same objections here as to mine. “go and delete them … your own deadly missions” and “Imagine losing a multiple pink starred survivor, that you had spent possibly years building up”.

First, the additional risk/reward of a deadly mission makes it more challenging and rewarding. If there is never a risk of losing a survivor you can play forever and not lose anything except resources. Even the TV show has loses meaning the zombie apocolypse is life threatening. Most war strategy games have the risk of losing armies in battle to achieve a victory, why not here. And with radio calls you can always get more.

Second, why risk a valuable survivor that you built up. Unless you are confident that survivor will survive and the risk is worth the reward, again strategy. Or you simply use other survivors. Granted it would be nice to reclaim any upgraded weapons and armor from a dead survivor.

So I agree bring it back.
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 296
    I've got forty something unused "1 Call"s that I would be happy to send to the Deadly Missions! ;)
  • general2673general2673 Member Posts: 39
    TheWizEd said:

I also posted a thread about bring back Deadly Missions, and agree with general2673.

Now I hear the same objections here as to mine. “go and delete them … your own deadly missions” and “Imagine losing a multiple pink starred survivor, that you had spent possibly years building up”.

First, the additional risk/reward of a deadly mission makes it more challenging and rewarding. If there is never a risk of losing a survivor you can play forever and not lose anything except resources. Even the TV show has loses meaning the zombie apocolypse is life threatening. Most war strategy games have the risk of losing armies in battle to achieve a victory, why not here. And with radio calls you can always get more.

Second, why risk a valuable survivor that you built up. Unless you are confident that survivor will survive and the risk is worth the reward, again strategy. Or you simply use other survivors. Granted it would be nice to reclaim any upgraded weapons and armor from a dead survivor.

So I agree bring it back.

amen, i have a small army of survivors i hardly touch. i have 3 separate kill teams depending on the mission form. each member of those teams has a backup to replace a fallen member. of the 45 survivors i have i only use 18. the others i may use as "cannon fodder" for distance early missions, but a few levels in they just get killed.

it could be a way to get guild wars gas. or maybe themed "raids" like phones, guild war gas, gold,trade goods etc.

you wouldnt have to do the missions if you didnt want to. a hero could go with 2 regular members (cant be a team of heroes) if all hell breaks loose and they all get killed the hero could be heavy injury (be pretty bad if they died) or maybe a "coma" for 24 hours- something punishing, but not permanent?

it would certainly be interesting to see.
    fear those whom are conquered for they are they are a most deadly enemy - hidden in plain sight