Challenge Balance Test - Let's make this together!

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,784
    So let's say i can clear 32.2 3 stars easily (I do get bruised easily on 33's). Next week I can start on 32.1 and earn all the stars up to that point including individual player rewards? And this costs no gas? Count me in!
    mimicaTerminusGW
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    edited January 27
    I like this idea
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,782
    I really like this idea! NG does not :lol:. The main drawback is that players lose out on in game resources earned, something which doesn't cost them revenue. Whilst it may well be the perfect solution to us, I don't think it will be for them
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,051
    That will NEVER happen. EVER. If I get to level 33 once perfectly, then all I have to do is start there every week and not play at all to earn all of the rewards up to that point. That means NG would be losing out on many 24 hour gas booster purchases and players spending gold to heal and to buy gas if they didn't get a gas booster. Also, there would be no incentive for people to play as they could just start at the highest level and collect the rewards and log off until the next week.
    Black Labs Matter.
    jimmorrison369bigbeanoTerminusGW
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 403
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > This thread illustrates that is (nearly) impossible to make everyone happy because different players have different priorities. I originally proposed this solution (which would make ALL players happy) in November, but it appears that it bears repeating.
    >
    > The Suggestion: A player chooses their starting level, with certain limitations. When a player starts a challenge, their 'recommended' starting level is presented to them. For the sake of this discussion, lets say that the suggested starting level is the level they achieved last challenge -10. So if I made it to round 32 last challenge, the default/recommended starting level would be 22. I could override that all the way down to the minimum starting level for any player all the way up to a maximum (for the sake of this discussion, let's say that the maximum is the highest round that the player 3 starred across the board last challenge). These minimums/maximums aren't written in stone... some thought would have to be given here, but the values presented are a good starting point for a discussion.
    >
    > When a player chooses a starting level, they earn stars from all prior levels as if they had completed each challenge round perfectly. A player who plays from the minimum level all the way up to level 27 earns the same exact number of stars as someone who starts at level 27 (although the person starting at the lower level earns all the post mission crates).
    >
    > One of the major advantages to this model is that I can plan accordingly based on my schedule as it changes. The week of Thanksgiving is approaching and I host and so won't have much time? I want to start that challenge at the maximum level I can start at. A few weeks later, I took the week off for Christmas, so I choose to start at a much lower level because I have the time.
    >
    > The User Interface when staring a challenge with be similar to the round pass popup box. Instead of clicking on that 'Accept' button (or whatever that button is labeled) a player sees their default starting level and they can simply hit accept like they do today if they want to take the system generated recommendation. If they want to change it, they can... then hit the Accept button. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    >
    > This solution eliminates:
    > * Star loss (players getting to a certain RSL earn the exact same number of stars regardless of how they got there)
    >
    > * Players worrying about upgrading leading to a higher starting RSL for challenges
    >
    > * Future dev resources to address 'the grind'
    >
    >
    > This solution allows:
    > * Players with less time to start at a higher RSL. They sacrifice end of mission reward crates to do this.
    >
    > * Players with more time or who want more rewards can start at a lower level.
    >
    > * A meaningful change with minimal development resources
    >
    >
    > The text above that has been italicized has been updated since my original posting.

This idea I like!
    Bill_ZRTvshield50
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,392
    Firekid said:

So let's say i can clear 32.2 3 stars easily (I do get bruised easily on 33's). Next week I can start on 32.1 and earn all the stars up to that point including individual player rewards? And this costs no gas? Count me in!

This points out the hazards of me updating my ideas on the fly. :wink:

Instead of the maximum level being: highest round that the player 3 starred across the board last challenge, it would have to be something like the highest round that the player 3 starred across the board last challenge -5. So in your case, if you got to level 32 perfectly, you'd be able to start @ 27. I'm going to update my original post with this new text.
    PigBenis said:

That will NEVER happen. EVER. If I get to level 33 once perfectly, then all I have to do is start there every week and not play at all to earn all of the rewards up to that point. That means NG would be losing out on many 24 hour gas booster purchases and players spending gold to heal and to buy gas if they didn't get a gas booster. Also, there would be no incentive for people to play as they could just start at the highest level and collect the rewards and log off until the next week.

With my updated text, the max level people could start at is 5 less than their last perfect map set. So if I got to 35, the max I could start at would be 30. Then if I just logged in to collect my rewards and did nothing else, next week, my max week would be 25. So players absolutely have an incentive to log in and keep going so they can start as high as possible next week.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

Renopwns
    That way might work.

I'm still in favor of all maps being available at any difficulty from a range of 15-40 or whatever max is needed to make the idea work. The maps could be played in any order with difficulty changing from map to map if the player so chooses. Only one completion per difficulty of each set is needed to provide a reward but the missions can be completed for XP and post mission crates. Solves all problems since players choose their own difficulty each map and allows players on a gas booster to farm lower levels when their hospital is full from taking damage at higher levels.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,392
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Absolutely - I like your suggestion quite a bit. The only reason I see mine as better/more feasible is that NG has said that Dev resources to rework something like this are scarce. If NG said tomorrow that they had dedicated Dev resources and have made solving this issue a priority, then I'd be all over your suggestion.

Unfortunately that isn't the case and so I see my suggestion as the best alternative.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

ATLAS-Z
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,055
    edited January 29
    I need something new to do now. Can we get the chapter missions reset to master level so we can play them all again and get awesome rewards like the ones similar to the GW. Add all the new walkers you have since then and add more. Believe me it will give us something to do and enjoy while on our off time. I have completed it like 3 years ago all missions in nightmare mode so give us a master level mode for those sick players that have problems excepting defeat! Well, I have all the heroes unlocked and can fight all missions with just them! Maybe I should retire all my survivors and just use heroes!!! Just a thought. Back when I first started playing NML in 2016 I was disappointed I could not fight as Daryl or any heroes but in September 2016 when heroes and traits came out that was some crazy stuff and nerfage. Well thank you NG for the great ride now back to retirement. Will drop you level 40+ videos from time to time along with my 2 cents, so all my haters can eat pop corn and give me suggestions. Team Work, makes the Dream Work. We did it baby!!!

Danski_46romeoTCBRITOBill_ZRTbigbeanoBillbam
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Can I replug my solution again as well?
    > All hail MASTER STAGE!
    >
    > lol
    >
    > https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/34351/master-stage-what-the-ultimate-challenge-should-have-been/p1

I was going to bring up your solution cause I personally liked it the best when you suggested forever ago.
    FirekidromeoATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,654
    > @whitek111 said:
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > Can I replug my solution again as well?
    > > All hail MASTER STAGE!
    > >
    > > lol
    > >
    > > https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/34351/master-stage-what-the-ultimate-challenge-should-have-been/p1
    >
    > I was going to bring up your solution cause I personally liked it the best when you suggested forever ago.

Yeah thanks.

They did site the excuse of dev time etc as a reason.

But honestly, it can't require much? It's hardly like creating a whole new game mode or missions?

But what do I know?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
    Not really. It doesn't shorten the Challenge up that much, especially when compared to the current format. People fall in love with a certain idea, but when the numbers are run you can see there is little benefit in going to that format. I think it's a waste of developer time to have an end result that is nearly identical to what we have now.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TroublemakerRenopwns
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,224
    PigBenis said:

Not really. It doesn't shorten the Challenge up that much, especially when compared to the current format. People fall in love with a certain idea, but when the numbers are run you can see there is little benefit in going to that format. I think it's a waste of developer time to have an end result that is nearly identical to what we have now.

You have to take into account that ending the grind is a bad thing for NG. The more players they have online 24/7, the more they are willing to become addicted and spend money. Also that factor is important for investors.

So, considering that, I think it's far better than any placebo-like changes we have had previously.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    PigBenis
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > Not really. It doesn't shorten the Challenge up that much, especially when compared to the current format. People fall in love with a certain idea, but when the numbers are run you can see there is little benefit in going to that format. I think it's a waste of developer time to have an end result that is nearly identical to what we have now.
    >
    > You have to take into account that ending the grind is a bad thing for NG. The more players they have online 24/7, the more they are willing to become addicted and spend money. Also that factor is important for investors.
    >
    > So, considering that, I think it's far better than any placebo-like changes we have had previously.

Which is exactly why the solution I proposed is better, so thank you for providing support for that. In my proposal players would have access to all maps at all difficulties and they could be completed in any order. So do the hardest possible missions first until you have a full hospital and then go back and complete the easier missions where no damage is taken. With current setup and with Master Stage players complete missions sequentially so there is nothing to do Challengewise but wait for hospital to clear when missions become too difficult.
    Black Labs Matter.
    TroublemakerRenopwns
    And I'm not sure what you mean by "placebo like changes" because it is factual that players are playing less rounds each week with the current Challenge format assuming they always finish at the same difficulty. The nice thing about numbers is that they don't care about people's feelings and whether or not you personally can interpret them.
    Black Labs Matter.
  • S100200S100200 Member Posts: 97
    @Kaz
    Will not you get better at the challenge? I expect a reduction of rounds,
    end of the triple rounds, or start challenge at a higher level.

Sidinei Parizot
    Brazil
    WellyLugaTJSTCBRITO
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    edited February 25
    What if... you could buy Teleport in NML shop to skip first 15 rounds of challenge (in addition to round passes) or to start challenge from fixed difficulty level e.g. 32, with all stars and rewards from skipped levels of course.
    tabernacandy75PigBenisKilldozer187_
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > For real. I don't get this mentality. All end gamers hit this wall at one point, but guess what? We grinded to upgrade our camp and survivors so we could go further and beat the distance. We didn't just buy our way there like some players would believe. We refined our strategy and tried new approaches to get to where we are now.

yup, i never spent money until max level (23's back then)

Lol... now where are we? 25's right?
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 116
    edited April 4
    To be honest, I never paid attention to it because I was maxed out for quite a while now but is it normal that I don't find ANY tomatoe crates in challenge missions?!?
  • TerminusGWTerminusGW Member Posts: 9
    Supply missions are the key ;-)
    When you got maxxed out of tommys, over months, the NG brain is searching for another way, to gain real money.
    This NEW MAGGIE... Musket ?
    You can get both for some RP`s or ? MOney ?
    Haha, NG Logic got better, after Teeceecy was changed into KAZ...
    xbamfxrogueDS