Distance Mode Scheduling Discussion & Poll

Comments

• TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 218
    1 Distance per week, 48 hours long, from Monday to Wednesday
    1 distance only per week, with 48 hours duration from Monday to Wednesday, would be excellent, as long as you double the current prizes or improve the prizes, with legendary fragments and components, more tokens and more GW gas.

If it does not improve the rewards, then it would be better to keep the 2 distances, but increase the duration to 48 hours, so we would have but flexibility to play.

The fact is that no one is satisfied with the current model of challenge, distance and GW run together, all want changes (for the better).
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    Killdozer187_Cronusand98romeo
  • paulg2581paulg2581 Member Posts: 327
    1 Distance 48 hours long with a free resest then a 400 gold reset after that. 😁
    Killdozer187_Vane
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 523
    2 Distances per week, each 24 hours long, one on Monday, one on Tuesday
    I have no idea, but running the challenge, the Distance, and Guild Wars on the same day is too much on people. To be able to currently do this I run The Distance on weekends on Normal so I can also play GW. Problem is always gas on weekends, to play The distance and the challenge on the same day limits play on one or the other. Free The Distance missions would help with gas for the challenge. The only thing happening on Monday is currently new episode Missions and Supply or XP missions for some. Tuesday is Normally the Distance day, and also for can and XP missions. The rest of the week is Challenge days! As it is now, you have up till Friday to Max your stars with makeup on Sunday since Saturday is yet another distance and Guild Wars on some weekends!

Just come up with something that we can an all live with!
    aquilaVane
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 257
    2 Distances per week, each 48 hours long, one on Monday-Tuesday, one on Saturday-Sunday
    How about fix the challenge grind and none of this is necessary. 🤷‍♂️
    crambert_necWellyLugaTCBRITOShadowWalker
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I could’ve gone with any of the first 3 options. Went with option 1 because, honestly, I am not really a fan the the Distance, and wouldn’t care if it went away altogether. But, I am a heavily active player so I feel slightly obligated to play it, especially now with GW gas being included.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    JenngTCBRITOvshield50
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    Your own idea for scheduling it, please mention it in the thread!
    > @Jaden said:
    > 1) Distance from Monday (or
    > Tuesday) to Sunday - one free
    > reset (so 2 playable for free like
    > now), two resets for gold (same
    > as now)...

Love this idea. More flexibility to play it when you have time. My family thanks you!
    MattOfEarthVane
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 197
    edited February 26
    I like idea #1 but with the following modifications (1 Distance per week, 48 hours long, from Monday to Wednesday)
    But keeping the current difficulty of missions for both modes

1. Have a free reset OR
    2. Double the rewards
    3. Cheaper gas (edited, thanks great idea Shadow Walker!)

Open Info Page For All Players In NML
    https://www.facebook.com/Freak.Leader.J/
    Or
    Looking for a guild?
    We are Killing Walkers in the guild "Freaky Nudist"
    Level 69 or higher
    Min 10 xs level (Status - 2 Openings)
    ShadowWalker1212TCBRITO
  • ShadowWalker1212ShadowWalker1212 Member Posts: 2
    1 distance only when no challenge. Cheaper gas for distance.
    J_LawMattOfEarthTCBRITOVane
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    #CancelTheDistance
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    J_Law
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 197
    I would say cancel guild wars. Since I'm not a huge fan , I dont play that part much. I like outpost, so I play that.

Distance should NOT be canceled, you get better rewards over wars and scavenge runs.

But the choice is play the parts you like ;)
    Open Info Page For All Players In NML
    https://www.facebook.com/Freak.Leader.J/
    Or
    Looking for a guild?
    We are Killing Walkers in the guild "Freaky Nudist"
    Level 69 or higher
    Min 10 xs level (Status - 2 Openings)
    romeo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,041
    @J_Law
    Can't play only the parts you like if you are forced to play Distance and challenges to get enough gas for GW (unless you have the funds and are willing to pay for your GW gas).

No other mode requires you to play any other mode in order to play it except GW.

Don't want distance (or any other mode for that matter) to be cancelled - still would like to see some changes that reduce the grind and give me more freedom to play what I actually want to play.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,928
    2 Distances per week, each 48 hours long, one on Monday-Tuesday, one on Saturday-Sunday
    I like the distance, 48 hours is a welcome change. Some days I don't feel like it, or I'm busy playing guild wars. This change would cater me.
    TCBRITOVane
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,928
    Playing guild wars is very much possible without the extra gas in the distance. Just saying... Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything.
    Governatorvshield50ShadowWalkerJ_Law
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    I don't like playing the distance mode anymore, totally grind now. But i like the guaranteed rewards. Still have use for epic components, legendary gear or tokens. Greed keeps me playing for now :)
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 361
    No changes, staying with the current schedule
    Whats the point in having it run for 48 hours , most players complete it in a couple of hours and thats it untill next event unless you have unlimited gold to replay
    TransmuteJun1Ris

Playing guild wars is very much possible without the extra gas in the distance. Just saying... Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything.

It's 40 gas, even if you don't replay. That's a lot.

You also would want to play challenge, ideally up to 1k.

Sure, you can play a few GW missions if you don't do either of these modes, you can also buy the gas with TG (forcing you to play either challenges or outpost).

Yes, I know, you can also get a bit of gas from the guild shop each war but that's not much.

So sure, you can play it. But it's very limited.

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    jimmorrison369Vane
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,017
    No changes, staying with the current schedule
    Jenng said:

I’m sure whatever’s decided I can find some fault in it. :p

PS I didn’t want to leave @TransmuteJun hangin so I got you !

Thanks for calling me out, @Jenng !

I'll speak for the group of players who stop at a 'reasonable' level of the challenge... those of us who never wanted changes to the challenge in the first place and reluctantly accepted the changes once rewards were increased. We finish the challenge fast. In fact, I am always done by Friday morning, just on regular gas. The Distance is the only thing I do all weekend, unless GW is on. If you remove Distance from the weekend, there will be weekends where all I do is turn on the game to collect resources, and then turn it off. I know the 'high level players' want more time for the challenge, but I believe the vast majority of players like the current setup just fine.

Also, I know the players in our guild LIKE having the Distance on Saturday, because it gives us a chance to earn that 'last minute red gas' to enable GW play.
    p_herianJenngVane

If you remove Distance from the weekend, there will be weekends where all I do is turn on the game to collect resources, and then turn it off. I know the 'high level players' want more time for the challenge, but I believe the vast majority of players like the current setup just fine.

Also, I know the players in our guild LIKE having the Distance on Saturday, because it gives us a chance to earn that 'last minute red gas' to enable GW play.

That's why I proposed a Distance week with 2 free Distances (one free reset) and 2 for gold (and not just me but others, too).

You could play one on the weekends, or both of the free ones if you wanted to.

Even if it was reduced to one (with doubled rewards) on GW weeks, you could still do the same thing, just with one Distance - or you could play it on Tuesdays, like it is now.

You could also play a little bit here and there (if they don't make each try last only 24h after starting).

If we had a whole week of Distance (with two free ones), nothing would change for the players who like it the way it is now if they wouldn't want it to.

JenngGovernatorShadowWalkerekimhclew