Challenge Change Proposal: Triple Rounds Out.

Comments

• DragonfyreDragonfyre Member Posts: 90
    Why not just eliminate the challenge altogether? mid range players still lose a lot trying to get crates for each map for xp and gear. End gamers unless Elite with insane store bought gear will still flame out around 32 or so. Wish ya would consider a way to have a pick of two challenges like ya do Distance so those who actually want to grind can for rewards in each map crate reward. And those who like to slam through it can play that way without making the challenge a one to two day play and doen when is set up for 5?

Yea I figure will get flamed again like last time when I made my opinion known. But just this endless change to challenge geared to high end geared players and not thinking of the rest of the base is really getting old. Thus my opening line. Do away with it and find another way to the avg player has things to do in game all the time.

Flame suit on. So have at it

Dragonfyre
    DW Leader
    @Dragonfyre (Leader/Dragons Weyr)
    TCBRITOATLAS-ZJayZladre5leuchte123
  • RobotelRobotel Member Posts: 40
    Take those triple round out !!! At the beginning was only 1 round . Better 1 round not 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!
    vshield50TCBRITO
  • BodBod Member Posts: 103
    Congrats @Dragonfyre you won the top prize for 1st whinger of the day
    DragonfyreGovernatorSCBMAKyrusDrhooWellyLuga

> @Dragonfyre said:

> Why not just eliminate the challenge altogether? mid range players still lose a lot trying to get crates for each map for xp and gear. End gamers unless Elite with insane store bought gear will still flame out around 32 or so. Wish ya would consider a way to have a pick of two challenges like ya do Distance so those who actually want to grind can for rewards in each map crate reward. And those who like to slam through it can play that way without making the challenge a one to two day play and doen when is set up for 5?

>

> Yea I figure will get flamed again like last time when I made my opinion known. But just this endless change to challenge geared to high end geared players and not thinking of the rest of the base is really getting old. Thus my opening line. Do away with it and find another way to the avg player has things to do in game all the time.

>

> Flame suit on. So have at it

>

> Dragonfyre

> DW Leader

if you're a level 70 max player flaming out at 32 then you should retire.

I could go past 32 without any badges.

What part of my post says is about me? I am voicing an opinion that most won't from either my guild or many other players that are NOT maxed end gamers. They see the instant attacks on a view and they do not want to deal with it like I will

Seems easy to see those who can't wait to attack rather than discuss

• BodBod Member Posts: 103
    @Dragonfyre atm 3 rounds starts at lv 32 the proposal says getting rid of it altogether so how does it affect mid level players who won't reach lv 32
    MacVDanski_46crambert_nec
    By giving it back to them like it was. Have two options. One for those who want to play challnghe. One for those who want to blast through in a day or two. Not much fun for most when they hit the wall on Thursday on a 5 day event is all am saying. So many I know want to play the challenge not just race to end in a day or two
    Drhoohuskersoxfan
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 126
    I guess I'm a mid-level player, working my way to end gamer. Lvl 70, usually get to lvl 36 before I either run out of time or just get sick of spending gold/gas, but I've kissed lvl 40 once.
    All that to say, I like this. The traffic jam on the weekend events will be lightened when you make The Distance more accessible with a more varied schedule, and easing the grind on the challenge is long overdue. I might even start looking forward to GW weekends.
    I agree that mid-level players will not be much affected as the change begins at lvl 32. For those trying to increase their lvl, this should actually be a help...same rewards with less time invested. I don't see the downside.
    Thanks for laying it out so clearly @Vane .
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    DragonfyreTCBRITOKyrusJenng
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 402
    @Dragonfyre you're making valid points and are entitled to express your view, ignore the detractors.

I have a few complaints about the game personally, however, overall I enjoy the experience. I just wish the gacha element was toned down. There is too much reliance on spend and / or luck to get optimum results.

Challenge mode is cool. However, it gets boring repeating the same maps over and over again for a few days. Offer players better rewards if you wish to engage us. We are paying you our most precious resource - TIME (and money for p2p players).
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    DragonfyreromeoKatz_Killers18huskersoxfan

n. But just this endless change to challenge geared to high end geared players and not thinking of the rest of the base is really getting old.
    r

I agree with this comment in general, BUT have you actually looked at what was proposed here? Nothing in the challenge changes until level 32, so only players who go past 32.2 will see any difference at all. This is actually a change that will affect the high-end players only. The rest of the base is unaffected.

Yes I have. My point is the constant change for the end gamer and the midrange/majority base getting nothing. So much taken away for them like we had when challenge actually gave ya a chance to get xp and gear etc with more rds at lower end.

Again, Why not make two modes like distance has so those players can actually play for the whole challenge instead of brickwalling it the second day in and nothing to do but watch the paid players score so much. Guilds are getting harder and harder to fill as it is with lack of players. But ya cater to the end gamer with store bought gear and forget the rest? Ya end up with a few guilds full of those players and other social guilds trying to somehow get full

@Dragonfyre DW Leader
    Dbl_Edge_DEPTJS

@Dragonfyre you're making valid points and are entitled to express your view, ignore the detractors.

I have a few complaints about the game personally, however, overall I enjoy the experience. I just wish the gacha element was toned down. There is too much reliance on spend and / or luck to get optimum results.

Challenge mode is cool. However, it gets boring repeating the same maps over and over again for a few days. Offer players better rewards if you wish to engage us. We are paying you our most precious resource - TIME (and money for p2p players).

Thanks and agree with almost all of it. At least make it fun for those players who play for love of game and can't spend tons of cash to compete

Thank you for a nice post to me. Appreciate it and yer comment

@Dragonfyre DW Leader
    Dbl_Edge_DEPhuskersoxfan
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    > @Dragonfyre said:
    > > @Dragonfyre said:
    >
    > > Why not just eliminate the challenge altogether? mid range players still lose a lot trying to get crates for each map for xp and gear. End gamers unless Elite with insane store bought gear will still flame out around 32 or so. Wish ya would consider a way to have a pick of two challenges like ya do Distance so those who actually want to grind can for rewards in each map crate reward. And those who like to slam through it can play that way without making the challenge a one to two day play and doen when is set up for 5?
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Yea I figure will get flamed again like last time when I made my opinion known. But just this endless change to challenge geared to high end geared players and not thinking of the rest of the base is really getting old. Thus my opening line. Do away with it and find another way to the avg player has things to do in game all the time.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Flame suit on. So have at it
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Dragonfyre
    >
    > > DW Leader
    >
    >
    >
    > if you're a level 70 max player flaming out at 32 then you should retire.
    >
    >
    >
    > I could go past 32 without any badges.
    >
    > What part of my post says is about me? I am voicing an opinion that most won't from either my guild or many other players that are NOT maxed end gamers. They see the instant attacks on a view and they do not want to deal with it like I will
    >
    > Seems easy to see those who can't wait to attack rather than discuss

I'm not attacking you. Simply offering a suggestion in response to what you asked for..... □
    leuchte123Danski_46
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,278
    edited March 2
    Every endgamer was once a noob...

Every endgamer was once a midgamer...

And every one of us still playing are here because we enjoyed the experience /camaraderie /grind /challenge /and apocalyptic zombie slaying joy this game had provided us over the years.

For raw game play, before there was a semi-fulfilling challenge mode, Outposts, guild wars, Season Missions, etc the only real motivation to play this game was... Leveling.

You played, you leveled, you gathered, you repeated... That's it. It was fun tho.

If you're a mid gamer today, do what we did. Level. And enjoy it.

It could be a Gieco commercial...
    If you're a midgamer, you level, it's what you do.

If you're and endgamer, well, that's not an option, sooooooo you need other things to keep you engaged. And that's where NGs focus should be directed. IMO.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeohuskersoxfanmimicaDeathwish19
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    According to screen time app I’m at 5 hours playtime just to get to 36. Probably take another 4-5 to get to 40 if I can stand to grind that long this week. When it takes 10+ hours to max out in the challenge something is broken.

I’d be fine with one round per level past 35. But I’ll happily take this for now.
    romeoaquila
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,153
    @andy75 you’re doing better than me. 5.5 hours of screentime for scavenging (three play sessions Monday, Distance on Tuesday, and getting to RSL34
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    That’s just since Wednesday and only playing challenge.
    JayZ
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 299
    Removing triple round means which map will be removed from current 3? The easiest or the hardest one with quicker spawns/special enemies?

Will 30 gas stays as it is?
    TCBRITOmimica
  • leuchte123leuchte123 Member Posts: 15

I go to 33 and 34. If you take the triple round away that's less stars for me.

This is an absolute luxury issue and it should not be changed.
    JayZKilldozer187_crambert_necbigbeanovshield50
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,592
    edited March 2
    @leuchte123 you do lose stars because you have to play less, however you should get a similar amount of rewards. Isn't that a good thing?
    romeovshield50
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,592
    Actually this time only those who can clear 32 lose stars. So he can have a whinge if he wants. But seriously though, who actually cares about the number? It's where you come in your guild and the rewards you get on the way and these changes shouldn't have an affect on that!
    Bod
  • hillhill Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2
    What’s a triple round?
    JenngbigbeanoJadendonald6283