Spring Event Math

Comments

• ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    is it worth to restart it 3 times for the spear?
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 244
    > @ShayHa said:
    > is it worth to restart it 3 times for the spear?

Well, that’s up to you. It will cost 3x400 gold, so 1200 gold in total. For that, you get an awesome scout weapon with special functionality. Personally, I think it’s worth it, and I’ve never reset the distance before...... but it’s totally your decision. The good thing is that the event is communicated well enough to allow us to plan it and make our own decisions
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITOGovernatorNezo
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    so if i start the distance with this week need to restart this one and two more?
    think i'll give it a shot getting the spear!
    Yes you need to do three resets. As long as you get all the other tokens (challenge and daily quests) you’ll be fine. Good luck!!
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,285
    > @ShayHa said:
    > is it worth to restart it 3 times for the spear?

The spear is great when you need to stab those walkers on the other side of a gate without having the survivor open it. I have one already, but I’m going for a second. :sunglasses:
    ShayHaDanski_46mack22SPC_TORRES
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Vane I have a question: I just activated my 5-day booster with the intention of using it to complete the Distance 2x both this week and next (activating Friday means it'll be on until Wednesday afternoon). HOWEVER I'm a bit concerned about Daily Quests: What happens if I blow through both resets of the Distance next Monday/Tuesday while I have the booster active -- is there a chance I'll then get slammed with a "Complete 6 Distance Missions" daily quests between Wed-Sun, namely one where the reward is precious Spring Tokens? This is actually a concern throughout the entire Spring Event, but also in general. I'm sure plenty of people will be running the Distance in 1 day, which leaves 6 more days when it's still active. Has NG readjusted the daily quests to reflect that?

Odds are I will do the Hard Distance, and only get to Level 15 or 16 before I cannot complete more. Hence, I will still have a half dozen or so Distance missions remaining through the 2nd half of the week. Is there something preventing my DQ from giving me a "Complete X Distance Missions" next Sunday when I am unable to complete more missions (since they are too hard for me)? Or is there a stop-gap in place like there is when you complete X number of Challenge missions?

I'm sure a LOT of people will want the answer to this question, since it will determine how we spread out our Distance completion throughout the week!
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 228

@Vane I have a question: I just activated my 5-day booster with the intention of using it to complete the Distance 2x both this week and next (activating Friday means it'll be on until Wednesday afternoon). HOWEVER I'm a bit concerned about Daily Quests: What happens if I blow through both resets of the Distance next Monday/Tuesday while I have the booster active -- is there a chance I'll then get slammed with a "Complete 6 Distance Missions" daily quests between Wed-Sun, namely one where the reward is precious Spring Tokens? This is actually a concern throughout the entire Spring Event, but also in general. I'm sure plenty of people will be running the Distance in 1 day, which leaves 6 more days when it's still active. Has NG readjusted the daily quests to reflect that?

Odds are I will do the Hard Distance, and only get to Level 15 or 16 before I cannot complete more. Hence, I will still have a half dozen or so Distance missions remaining through the 2nd half of the week. Is there something preventing my DQ from giving me a "Complete X Distance Missions" next Sunday when I am unable to complete more missions (since they are too hard for me)? Or is there a stop-gap in place like there is when you complete X number of Challenge missions?

I'm sure a LOT of people will want the answer to this question, since it will determine how we spread out our Distance completion throughout the week!

Yeah, it's been asked in another thread also - Complete Distance Missions daily quest has been removed completely due to the Distance changes.

If you still somehow encounter it, let me know, haha! Shouldn't ever be the case.
    Phalanx44TransmuteJunSPC_TORRESTHCross
    Oh awesome! Thanks. Yeah that's a relief.
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    Do you get five days from the time you claim the booster? I thought they were all set to expire at the same time.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,660
    5 days from claim @WahooDawg. I always wait to claim until it’s most convenient. I started mine last night so I have a booster for both this challenge and next.
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    Smart. For some reason I thought it was just for this challenge period. Oh well!
    Same here.

Similar to my previous question: does anyone know the mechanics of the "Complete X number of Challenge Missions" Daily Quests? Like, at what point does it go from 12 missions to 6, and to 4? I know it's based on how many missions you've completed, but does anyone know the actual numbers? Again, this is for Spring Token planning.

@Vane is this something you can share with us?
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 95
    I currently have 700 at the moment and I reset the distance twice. According to the numbers, I should have 780 for this week? Is that correct or am I missing something?
    > @onesoul said:
    > I currently have 700 at the moment and I reset the distance twice. According to the numbers, I should have 780 for this week? Is that correct or am I missing something?

No, I think 700 is right. You will have 780 in a couple of days after buying tokens for tg in the shop and completing daily quests twice more.

At least, that’s what I think. I hope that’s right as I’m also on 700 and didn’t think I’d missed any.... 😀
    Danski_46jimmorrison369Jankel
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 973
    @onesoul @Pandreq should be right. The spring tokens didn't come in to play until Wednesday CST when the distance reset itself to its current incarnation.
    Pandreq
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 255
    edited March 2019
    @Pandreq and @onesoul 700 for me too
    Pandreq
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    Yup, 700 is the right number before today's daily reset.
    JankelPandreqDanski_46
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    @Vane Can you also confirm if we will be able to purchase and receive Spring Tokens on April 1st and 2nd from the TG shop and quest rewards?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    romeoVane
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 228
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > @Vane Can you also confirm if we will be able to purchase and receive Spring Tokens on April 1st and 2nd from the TG shop and quest rewards?

Yep, on April 1st and 2nd Spring Tokens will be available both in TG shop and for completing one of the daily quests :)
    GovernatorTCBRITOJadenSPC_TORRES
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 103
    March 12, and I'm on 1010 tokens. I've reset the distance twice but I think I missed a daily quest.
    Jenngmack22
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 95
    edited March 2019
    I am at 1010, i don't know what i missed :(

Edit: didnt complete my daily, oops!
    romeo