Badging survavilist rick

GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
so, I am looking particular advise on badging stabby risk.
Which is the way to go for this hero? I am currently using him as a killer with critical damage and damage badges but I am wondering if the damage reduction and damage badges strategy is more viable at rsl>37 since maybe critical damage badges is a little bit overkill.
ps. the new spear will be the standard set of weapon, so an armor with ruthless.

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,995
    Stabby Rick is all damage and critical damage, if you need defensive "tank" scout or anything else then use someone else like New Daryl or something.
    MystiqueGarretcrambert_nec
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    this is the way i use daryl. damage plus damage reduction badges. I was just wondering if I should build rick the same way.
    I use him in two melee teams, one with two bruisers and one with michonne and daryl (threat reduction focused). do you recommend another scout for defensive purposes or these two are enough for the challenge?
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,090
    I think by putting damage reduction badges on him your trying to make him into something that he is not, which is a defensive scout. Base level health on scouts is already pretty low so I'm not sure with max dr if you'll survive or stay out of a struggle if getting hit from a lvl 39 walker. And really then he'd only be good for maps without tanks or armored where you need all the crit damage you can muster to take those two types out. I think Squirrel Daryl is probably better traited for a max dr scout of you were so inclined.
    GarretMystique
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    Extra critical damage is certainly not overkill when you're facing level 37+ tanks. You need as much CD as you can get for maximum damage on his brain stab.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    MystiqueGarretbladgier
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    thanks everyone! critical damage it is.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,822
    edited March 17
    I go 3 damage, 2 crit damage and 1 crit chance. It seems a little controversial but it's what works for me. Sure he lacks that little bit of extra damage on brain stabs but if razor triggers chances are it will kill a normal walker in one hit.

Besides, if there is no tank on the map (like there is on 3 out of 6 of this week's challenge) then one of your badges is absolutely redundant. I'd rather have a badge I'm using almost all of the time than one which is situational. 95% of the time you're fighting against normal walkers. What I say to my guildmates is, if you have the luxury of having a solid crit chance and crit damage badge in the same spot, try the crit chance for a bit. If you don't like it then the most it will cost you is 15 gold to change it back.
    Garret