Spring Event Math

Comments

• SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,106
    @onesoul
    Both the daily quest and the trade shop offer 20 tokens per day. My trade shop always restocks pretty late so I just picked up my 20 tokens a little while ago to hit the 1030 mark.
    JenngSPC_TORRES
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 68
    > @SCBMA said:
    > @onesoul
    > Both the daily quest and the trade shop offer 20 tokens per day. My trade shop always restocks pretty late so I just picked up my 20 tokens a little while ago to hit the 1030 mark.

Thanks for the tip!
    My mistake though, i did not complete my daily. I thought that i did. oops
    SCBMA
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,304
    If you do all 5 Distances with 3 resets and claim all daily quests, TG Shop purchases, and Challenge rewards, you can hit 3000 and still miss 3 full days of “daily” tokens.

The pic is of a spreadsheet I put together. Yellow cells are the optional activities. Green are the resets I plan to do or already did.

PS: Per @Vane, you need to get the last Distance tokens before the event ends.

I also like spreadsheets. :sunglasses:
    JenngSPC_TORRESSCBMAromeo
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    @Governator I plan on skipping 6 TG purchases instead of 3 TG and 3 dailies. Daily quests are helpful and give me other rewards. The TG purchases are just a waste of my TG. Also, I can't stand having an uneven number of completed dailies!
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    GovernatorSPC_TORRES
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 277
    Just wondering... if someone got 20 tokens from the challenge that was reset... he just need 2 distance resets to be able to get spear?
    SPC_TORRESromeo
  • UrgoldthUrgoldth Member Posts: 77
    edited March 14
    Does anyone know whether we got extra badges for the first 30 stars of the reset challenge? And if so what it changes? I got 1140 with 200 stars in the new challenge.
  • StarbuckStarbuck Member Posts: 1
    > @RWS said:
    > It's in the notes section
    > 250 from challenges (30, 110, 220, 350 and 500 stars)

I am just getting 30 tokens at 110 stars. (I don’t recall what I got at 30 stars.)

Can someone confirm if this is a glitch please?
  • UrgoldthUrgoldth Member Posts: 77
    Urgoldth said:

Does anyone know whether we got extra badges for the first 30 stars of the reset challenge? And if so what it changes? I got 1140 with 200 stars in the new challenge.

To answer my own question, it seems so. Which seem to mean that we only need to reset two distances, but with no margin of error.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,088
    Does 1500 sound correct with everything done for today?
    bladgierJenngSCBMA
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    I'm actually only at 1480 @mack22. Maybe I missed a TG shop or daily quest...
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    psychwolfJenng
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 933
    Yep, I'm at 1480 today and I don't think I missed anything.
    JenngSCBMA
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 933
    Completely agree, well said @General_Quatre
    Jenngmack22TCBRITOSCBMA
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,119
    Ah that sucks! I also started at daryls nightmare and have to restart distance 3 times! Only just have enough gold for it too!
  • and98and98 Member Posts: 103
    edited March 17
    or 2 distance reduced price to restart. @Vane
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,681
    I was lucky enough to not start the challenge before I realized something was up.
    Then something was telling me to complete those other 5 maps and I was right to do it.
    Nevertheless it seems unfair even if it benefits me and others that did it because it was very random.
    So what I'm saying is that yes something should be done about this towards the majority that weren't so lucky.
    I bet that they have that planned though, Vane mentioned it somewhere so there will be something happening.
    Meanwhile I don't mind doing the 3rd distance reset for the sake and fairness of those that have 1480 heheh 😜
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 64
    I've got 1480, but I missed a daily quest and happened to get tokens from the challenge before reset. So, I'm back on track with the original target points.
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 144
    When are they going to fix the Spring Tokens logo in the shop? It's still showing the winter tokens icon.
    TransmuteJun
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 488

When are they going to fix the Spring Tokens logo in the shop? It's still showing the winter tokens icon.

I imagine this is at the very bottom of the "things to do" list right now.

That extra 20 tokens for some people is quite the kick in the balls though. Either an extra 20 tokens for all, or confirmation of half price distance reset would be good...
    psychwolfromeo
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 969
    I mean, I plan to reset the Distance today or tomorrow while I have the booster in effect. I imagine a lot of people will be in the same boat, so this decision to reset or not will be based on if @Vane can confirm whether or not this is a possibility. Even if they can't award the 20 tokens in the next few days, a simple "Yes we can do this!" or "No not gonna happen" communication from NG will at least let us plan for this week's Distance.
    psychwolfSPC_TORRESromeoDrUnpleasant
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 179
    Just checking, 1770 is the max score for today (or 1790 for those with the “bonus” 20 from last week) ....?

So we can get our zweihanders on Wednesday when the challenge starts?
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind
    SPC_TORRESbladgier
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 103
    @Vane I am with all of the other posters in this thread as well. I always work "Right to left" in the Challenge screen. Started with Daryl's Nightmare as well. I have reset the Distance once, but I am blown away with only 250 gold being the free gift over the weekend. If that was the case, it should have only been 200 gold to reset the Distance. NG still was trying to make a profit even at their lowest time at the expense of their loyal fanbase. Something should be done to compensate for this fact.
    psychwolf
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 179
    I always work left to right, but I didn’t start the challenge straight away. It’s a sad reflection on recent events that I now always check the forum before playing - I already knew it was broken from the comments so didn’t start.... if I’d have known then what I know now, I would have played the other maps and got the 20 extra tokens......
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind
    Billdingerpsychwolf