Math/PSA: NOT worth it to rush upgrades to claim level 26 Spring Event rewards

If you are in between casual FTP gamer and PTP whale (like me), you may be wondering if it's worth it to rush your upgrades so you can claim the gear from the Spring Quest (Assault Weapon, Assault Armor, Zweiblahblahblah, and Kingdom Spear) or from the Guild Wars shop (Pickle Jar, RPG) at a higher base level.

tl;dr: IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR GOLD

From @Painwalker's recent video, we see that the following buildings (which HAVE to be upgraded) will cost the following:
1. Craftsman: 20M supplies or 9583 gold
2. Mission Car: 15M supplies or 7250 gold
3. Council: 20M supplies or 9583 gold
4. Training Grounds: 20M supplies or 9583 gold

Let's assume VERY optimistically that you upgrade the Craftsman with your existing pool of 20M gold. Let's also assume that you can farm enough supplies to upgrade your Mission Car pretty quickly.

You will still likely have to shell out 19000+ gold for your Council and Training Grounds. After that, you STILL need to upgrade a survivor of the relevant class to level 26.

By way of comparison, 14000 gold costs $100 USD. For $100 USD, you can buy 7-8 special weapons bundles which will not only include the Kingdom Spear or other special weapons but also gold, radios, tokens, etc.

It is absolutely NOT worth it to rush your upgrades.

While I love a lot of the things NG has done recently, the timing of this Council update in relation to the Spring Quest and GW season really seems like a money grab... so I want to make sure players are informed about the consequences of their choices.
Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
JankelKriegmimicapsychwolfMystiqueCronusvshield50PigBenisSCBMArayviiTCBRITOTroublemakerromeoJenngbababooeySPC_TORRESRanger85GovernatorJadenWahooDawgBrassBNCDawgFanmsapaevbladgierDanski_46xiaofei66PicTheCrabTHCrossbiter3701RisflyingcowkingBuckzzjpsMFJigsawJediMasterYodasuzequeueJackBauerBiggsDarkLighter

Comments

• rayviirayvii Member Posts: 19
    Well spoken... this greedy attitude of many mobile studios are absolutely disgusting. As an player who invested an decent amount of money they should make things smoother. Instead, they f*** them tru painful, endless time killing sessions of farming. You get more fuel and they raise with it cost of missions. Upgrade hospital and tru every upgrade of heros the win of time is erased. And this list can get any longer...
    And when you look into their annual report, it is clear they are not poor in the realm of this game. But very poor is, that they not really pay it back to the costumers. Only make fancy virtual things to prey on more money out of the pockets and more time that have to be invested...
    I am waiting to the next big thing that turned me off. Then it's time to delete and so it will be no way back.
    Very disappointed about those greedy mechanics in late game!
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,192
    @Cronus it was mostly as a demonstrative because it was easier to present. Not intended to be a recommendation
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    CronusMFJigsaw
  • HomieLegacyHomieLegacy Member Posts: 10
    I think it's a bit harsh to say they are greedy moneygrabbers that f*** their players. I think both KAZ and @Vane have always been very pleasant and have listened to a lot of the players' concerns.

NG is also a company that needs to make money for them to continue so of course they are not just giving all of us 100m tomatoes and a bunch of lvl 26 special weapons.

Just stop crying, take your time to farm all the tomatoes and deal with the occasional upgrade, it's only once a year or so.
    SCBMAJenngRealClareB1Ris
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 216
    The main failure with the current rewards claim/update/council issue is that LOTS of players had an expectation that a council upgrade would be immediate with the update release. Whether this is a realistic expectation, or not, is irrelevant.

The main failure at hand is NG for not managing this expectation prior to the release notes. The fact that two buildings would have to be upgraded prior to a council upgrade would not have been an 11th hour decision. This would have been known for quite some time. A simple heads up "INFO SUBJECT TO CHANGE*" would have nipped most of this in the bud and managed player expectations. At the end of the day, there's really no need for this type of info to be super-secret.

Personally, I'd rather have 'subject to change' info, which actually changes, than no info at all.

@Vane I hope you can pass on this sentiment to the people who make these decisions.
    Member LegionOfDoom
    xiaofei66MFJigsaw
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,087
    JayZ said:

@Cronus it was mostly as a demonstrative because it was easier to present. Not intended to be a recommendation

How the hell am I supposed to come up with that all on my own? Your distance videos taught me how to beat those maps so it's only natural I'd seek advice on an update :)
    Zette
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,928
    If someone (not me) would buy boosters and grind tomatoes (I know you'd have to be really dedicated). Would you be able to reach it?

Then at most you need some gold to rush a upgrading building (300 gold or so??).
    romeoSCBMAJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,784

If someone (not me) would buy boosters and grind tomatoes (I know you'd have to be really dedicated). Would you be able to reach it?

Then at most you need some gold to rush a upgrading building (300 gold or so??).

This is my plan. 55m needed, I'm not going to bend over backwards to try to reach it but I do have a day off on Wednesday and a mostly free weekend so I think it's doable with the 400ish gold I already have. Why anyone would pay the extortionate fees in gold to rush a building is absolutely beyond me.
  • sicronsicron Member Posts: 101
    @SCBMA You are going to farm 55mil supplies in one day????
    Johnbert
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 215
    Good luck - you have my eternal respect and admiration for even considering attempting that...... 👏🏻
    Founding Member of ELITE KILLERS guild family
    Leader of “EK Casual” guild
    Long-Standing opponent of The Grind
    JenngGovernatorSCBMA
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 617
    Are the tomato costs less than expected? I thought it'd take 75 million to upgrade Training Grounds, not 55 million....
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    Godspeed brave soldier...
    JenngGovernatorSCBMAjimmorrison369
    Good point @Deadheads - isn’t it 75m?

You need to do mission car, craftsman, council and then finally training grounds.....
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 136
    They'll probably have 20m worth of supplies already banked, so they'll just be scavenging for the remaining 55m.
    Currently guild-less.
    PandreqSPC_TORRESJenngSCBMA
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 617

They'll probably have 20m worth of supplies already banked, so they'll just be scavenging for the remaining 55m.

Ah, that must be it, thanks!
    Oh of course. I was so shocked that anyone would even be attempting this that I wasn’t thinking straight.....
    JenngGovernatorSCBMAJankel
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2
    > @Governator said:
    > For a moment, I thought this thread would be about how not worth it is to watch @painwalker's video. :lol:

We need a thread for that? Lol.

All due respect to pain though his video for the update was informative and to the point. However I am not there yet to subscribe to a channel....
    Governatorromeo
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2
    > @Jenng said:
    > Sweet baby Rufus! @SCBMA , you are an inspiration! You got this!
    >
    >
    > :) :*

You did not just drop a Rick James meme @Jenng ! Awesome!! Lol