No more free ads?!!

Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 122
So we lose round passes and free ads for crates. Going to take back the reinforcement token you gave us too?
maku11TCBRITOBloodundertales77Rambonobo

Comments

• maku11maku11 Member Posts: 25
    I have the same problem.
    No ads for crates...
  • RambonoboRambonobo Member Posts: 2
    Since the update, watching videos to open additional chests following a mission has been unavailable. You may only open chests beyond the initial three with gold. I’m guessing this is an oversight.
    Not an option in iOS. Anyone know how to achieve the same effect on an Apple?
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 38
    Strange, I supposed this was an iOS thing as I don't see that setting on android either... what exactly are you talking about, @SCBMA? What device/OS are you using?
    Ok. I figured this one out: go to settings and turn off targeted ads. Complete a mission and attempt to watch an ad. You’ll be asked to accept targeted ads. Do so. There will be no ads available, but you wil be given 5 fuels. Exit the game and restart it.

Complicated, but it worked for me.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,747
    edited April 4
    For android it's under settings, then google settings, then ads, then reset advertising ID (Samsung S7)
    DrUnpleasant
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 565
    Yeah, like WellyLuga said - for Android I usually have to reset the advertising ID once a week or more. It only takes a minute but obviously not ideal, or something I've had problems with on other games.
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    @fretje
    I am iOS

GovernatorSPC_TORRESCronusDBones
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,578
    I also think you need to make sure Limit Ad Tracking is off. It's right above Reset Advertising.
    SCBMASPC_TORRESCronusDBones
  • Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 122
    Thank you all for the responses. I know about the ad reset and have done it several times along with a restart of the iPhone. It’s hit and miss. I might get 2 ads then gone again or I might get 1 ad after mission then gone. I have tried all the fixes for iPhone. This is something that has only happened like this at this rate since the update
    psychwolfDBones
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,083
    Tux77 said:

Thank you all for the responses. I know about the ad reset and have done it several times along with a restart of the iPhone. It’s hit and miss. I might get 2 ads then gone again or I might get 1 ad after mission then gone. I have tried all the fixes for iPhone. This is something that has only happened like this at this rate since the update

This is the same for me on my iPhone, exactly as you describe here. I have to reset the ad ID almost every time I have the game opened. Sometimes I can watch 1 or 2 ads and then it totally disappears. This is happening both for the icon in camp to watch videos and watching videos after completing a mission. Prior to update I rarely had to rest ad ID. Since then it's virtually each time I'm playing the game when videos should be present.
    Tux77GovernatorDBonesSPC_TORRES
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206
    Never happened to face this issue myself, but I will bring it up with our team as soon as possible. Not even sure what may be causing it. Thanks for more info!
    SPC_TORRESTux77
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,452
    That’s why l love the forum!

Thanks @SCBMA @WellyLuga and the rest for helping those in need.

Here’s instructions for both iOS and Android regarding this:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/294947/#Comment_294947
    VaneSPC_TORRESTux77SCBMA
    > @Vane said:
    > Never happened to face this issue myself, but I will bring it up with our team as soon as possible. Not even sure what may be causing it. Thanks for more info!

Thank you! I would send a ticket in but I can’t becsue I have an open one. Thanks again.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,206
    I've had the same problem as @Tux77 for a while now, only on android.
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Like @Tux77 and @Cronus, I have been experiencing this issue FAR more frequently since the update. It is many times every day, whereas before the update, it was maybe once a week tops. I think there is now a permanent fingerprint on my phone where the "reset identifier" button comes up in my settings. Not the biggest issue post-update (obviously), but it is definitely annoying and would be nice to get it fixed.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    SPC_TORRESGovernator
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 152
    The issue I get all the time is watch an ad, then it goes back to watch an ad but I didn’t get the reward. Honestly, it seems to average 6-7 watching of ads, to get my rewards.
  • fishyfishy Member Posts: 23
    edited April 8
    Used to suffer this problem a lot, resetting ad id helped on occasion. Now in the habit of clearing cache on device before opening game, and have no issues with ads! Not guaranteeing this will work for everyone...

Edit to add, prob jinxed myself.
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    My incamp cinema is worse now too. I can only watch two ads and then have to reset the ad identitier. Then only half the time do I even get additional ads, the other times it just resets the timer back to an hour.
    SPC_TORRESGovernatorMystiqueWahooDawg
    Issue still exists!! I have not gotten a full day of ads since the update. I reset ads on iPhone and power cycle phone and only get one maybe two ads before it’s gone again. I have not installed any new apps and it’s only a daily issue since update?? Please have them look again @Vane
    Governator
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    My ads are actually much better today.
    SCBMA