Guild Wars Temporarily Postponed

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206
edited October 8 in Guild Wars Discussion
Hello everybody!

Thanks again to everyone who participated in Test Wars and helped us to gather information on the current state of Guild Wars feature!

We have been going through the results of Test Wars over the last week and discussing next steps within our team. Based on our own review and player feedback, it appears that while Test Wars ran quite smoothly for some players, others have experienced a number of issues that are unfortunately still present in Guild Wars.

Currently, we feel that Guild Wars is not exactly at the quality where we want it to be. With that in mind, our team has made a decision to spend more time on debugging and improving the Guild Wars experience. While we are working on these issues, we feel that we can achieve the most fair and least frustrating experience for our players by not running Guild Wars events for now. This means that Guild Wars will not be running during the next several months, while we are working on improving it.

There are several points worth mentioning here:

- Until Guild Wars are back, we are going to remove Guild Wars Gas rewards from other areas of the game (removed from the Challenge starting from April 17th, removed from the Distance starting from April 22nd, removed from the ads immediately). You get to keep your Guild Wars Gas until Guild Wars are back.

- Rewards that were announced for the new season of Guild Wars will be redistributed to other game modes. More information about that will be available later!

- Reinforcement tokens were planned to be one of the rewards that would be available in the new season of Guild Wars. Instead, we will begin to offer Reinforcement Tokens in other game modes starting from version 3.3, together with some additions to this feature (Reinforcement tokens will not be sold until that time). Version 3.3 is currently planned for some time in June.

Thank you for playing Guild Wars during the last several months and for providing your feedback and input. As soon as more information about Guild Wars is available, we will make sure to communicate it to you.
and98bladgierTCBRITOBurmeliinisDrUnpleasantCrystalmaggicmsapaevTroublemakerCaptainslayerKyrusjohnnytKd_xyf80marie1980tabernacRenopwnsErmaksTransmuteJunmaku11rebecca38341884AlexFiliUKHeatherbell86

Comments

• Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 122
    edited April 17
    Good call to pull GW untill it is fixed, albeit a few months late.

You say there will be work on the reinforcement tokens also. @Vane any reason not to use the one we have right now because it will become absolete after the additions?

Also, i wasn't expecting the reinforcement tokens to be common as muck but maybe consider giving another one as an easter gift or "thank you for playing test wars during season 1 and 2" gift whilst we wait for the improvement?
    UrbanjesusRoos1rebecca38341884Drhoo
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 206

You say there will be work on the reinforcement tokens also. @Vane any reason not to use the one we have right now because it will become absolete after the additions?

There will be a different design approach to Reinforcement tokens with more actual ways to obtain them in the game (more than just Guild Wars and Campaigns, as was designed originally). Due to that, it doesn't make much sense now to sell them or give them out, because a) they will function a bit differently, b) their value will change from one update to another. So if we give or sell something that will change quite a bit in several weeks, it can create a lot of different issues for players.
    Renopwns
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 122
    Vane said:

There will be a different design approach to Reinforcement tokens with more actual ways to obtain them in the game (more than just Guild Wars and Campaigns, as was designed originally). Due to that, it doesn't make much sense now to sell them or give them out, because a) they will function a bit differently, b) their value will change from one update to another. So if we give or sell something that will change quite a bit in several weeks, it can create a lot of different issues for players.
    So does this mean we had better hold on to the one we have or will the changes not affect the token already given either way @Vane ?
    SPC
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 68
    Totally agree @Pandreq ,that's how i imagined GW when they were first mentioned, but i don't believe we will ever see something like that. :(
    xbamfxUrbanjesusRenopwnsromeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,747
    Singer01 said:

Since we are no longer having guild wars until June.
    Is there any chance you can bring back the challenges that we used to have.
    Like kill 50k Walkers in a time period and get a free weapon or armour.
    You guys know what I mean. I miss those type of challenges. It brings the community together in a shared goal

As long as it isn't like the last one I remember where we had to use Tara and Rufus :lol:
    RenopwnsRoos1
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    Well, retired until GW returns. Several months off will be good. Later peeps and good luck 🍀
    KarajocaJenngSCBMAZetteRenopwnsromeoOvergrowdaworldDrhoo
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,785
    edited April 17
    Pandreq said:

@Karajoca - I agree, I’m not a big fan of the format, although I love the idea of direct competition against others. I’m not interested really in playing lots of levels quickly against walkers (we do that for most of the week in the challenge) - the more interesting part is when you are up against someone else’s survivors.

So I would like to see some kind of battle arena, where everyone competing gets matched up against one competitor from the opposing guild.

Not sure if that could ever work, but it would be much more interesting

Uhm... forget about that. Are you really considering the chance to have a “new concept”of GW? With luck we will get GW as we knew it without bugs...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    JenngUrbanjesuszeekdog
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Awesome news!

One of the smartest decisions in recent time. That game mode was imploding the game.

I fully encourage you @vane and NG team on this brave and not easy decision.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITODrUnpleasantSCBMAUrbanjesusRenopwnsrebecca38341884DrhooKyrus
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 101
    @WellyLuga I read the post. I'm sure they'll redistribute the rewards into other modes just like they did with reinforcement tokens, I know everyone is drowning in those.
    WellyLugaKarajocaRenopwnsbigbeanoDrhoo
  • johnnytKd_johnnytKd_ Member Posts: 27
    I planned on using my prowl bag easter weekend and beyond. Guess I'll go bagless now :/
    Army of Slayers / Psycho Slayers
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,747
    edited April 17
    @Urbanjesus Sarcasm gets you nowhere in life :lol:. I was more meaning the musket, dragon tongue and Hilltop Maggie that you mentioned we would be losing.
    UrbanjesusDrhoo
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 101
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > @Urbanjesus Sarcasm gets you nowhere in life :lol:. I was more meaning the musket, dragon tongue and Hilltop Maggie that you mentioned we would be losing.

That's what Im saying. Easy for @vane to say the rewards (Maggie, tongue, musket) will still be available but I'll believe it when I see it. They've said that about too many things at this point.

If they actually put these rewards in distance or challenge or something then I'm happy, but until then I will express healthy skepticism.
    MFJigsawRenopwnsromeo
  • rayviirayvii Member Posts: 19
    Gameon said:

So all the work upgrading weapons and players has been a complete waste of time and could have been done over time without spending money!

Yes... pushed me up from 59 to 64 from lvl20 heros till lvl23 because of guild war. And now this... they will loose again a lot of player. Good thing is in this moments, the mind get sober
    xyf80romeorebecca38341884