Update on Reinforcement Tokens and Hilltop Maggie Tokens

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 203
Hi everyone!

I would like to give you a small update, guys, on what is going to happen with Reinforcement Tokens and Hilltop Maggie Tokens in the future!

1) Reinforcement Tokens - Reinforcement Tokens were supposed to be one of the rewards that could be unlocked and purchased in Guild Wars starting from Season 3 (Guild Shop) and the Campaigns. With the recent news regarding the delay of Guild Wars feature, our team has been working on improving the design of Reinforcement Token availability in the game.

First of all, it is important to keep in mind that the functionality of Reinforcement Tokens will not change. They will work the same way they do now - increasing the maximum level of your equipment. And if you have already used your Reinforcement Token, you haven't lost anything and there is nothing for you to worry about :) However, there will be a change in how Reinforcement Tokens can be obtained, which is a lot more flexible approach compared to the previous design (i.e. obtainable not only through Guild Wars and Campaigns, as previously). However, it means that Reinforcement Tokens cannot yet be released, as this change will have an effect on how they are earned and distributed in the game.

Once more details regarding this new design are finalised, I want to share them with you guys, and I will do it as soon as possible. Personally, I find this change to be a huge improvement for the players, and I also wouldn't want the game to be in a situation where selling Reinforcement Tokens is the only way to get them, without finding them anywhere else through gameplay. So stay tuned for more announcements about it :)

2) Hilltop Maggie Tokens - as Guild Wars are postponed, we have decided to make these tokens obtainable through other means in the game. They will be available in the game starting from next week! You will see these new hero tokens as one of the rewards in the Challenge, the Distance, and maybe some other places :) More info on that will be available next week.

Thank you!
KratosMystiqueKyrusmsapaevShadowWalkerRenopwnsWellyLugaanthony172bladgierden4playDanski_46Deathwish19Ozzy99romeoCarl_s_HatJadenUrbanjesusTCBRITOJankelGovernatorBWilsMrLuckybiter370

Comments

• DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 553
    Thanks for the update Vane. Bit of a kick in the balls for anyone (yeah, I mean me... but probably others) who was just about to use their reinforcement token though. My decision to prioritise an Assault weapon for this weekend over Winter Bow reinforcement not looking quite so smart now.

Hey ho.
    Jenngafroponix
  • flyingcowkingflyingcowking Member Posts: 356
    I swear I rarely see you post but it shows 1200 replies. Do you hide these from me?
    Flatulent person
    xbamfxJadenGrady
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 284
    Jenng said:

I’d like to be able to purchase them please. The original GW’s ( even with bugs) was the best and most fun mode. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it yet again.

The. Developers. Had. It. Right.

Unfortunately now it’s broken and completely pulled without us having the opportunity to play at all while it’s patched. My desire for playing all the other modes is minimal.

Agreed on the best mode aspect. However, I don't agree that they should keep running a mode which keeps receiving complaints for the state it was in.

Perhaps if we keep complaining about improving the overall game, it will offset the wait for GW if they actually do something about said overall improvements.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    xbamfxmsapaevJaden
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    > @Vane said:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I would like to give you a small update, guys, on what is going to happen with Reinforcement Tokens and Hilltop Maggie Tokens in the future!
    >
    > 1) Reinforcement Tokens - Reinforcement Tokens were supposed to be one of the rewards that could be unlocked and purchased in Guild Wars starting from Season 3 (Guild Shop) and the Campaigns. With the recent news regarding the delay of Guild Wars feature, our team has been working on improving the design of Reinforcement Token availability in the game.
    >
    > However, it means that Reinforcement Tokens cannot yet be released, as this change will have an effect on how they are earned and distributed in the game.
    >
    > Once more details regarding this new design are finalised, I want to share them with you guys, and I will do it as soon as possible. Personally, I find this change to be a huge improvement for the players, and I also wouldn't want the game to be in a situation where selling reinforcement tokens is the only way to obtain them
    >
    > Thank you!

I’ve never seen a rose smell so crappy before. I’d RATHER be able to be in a situation where for the time being the only way to obtain them is purchase them, especially if every other advertised way to obtain them that has been advertised for months has now been removed.

So instead of purchasing reinforcement tokens we instead have to rr-purchase weapons we already have but at the next level, I’m guessing this was the plan all along, reinforcement tokens are too good to be true, so let NG not make them available when they were originally promised to.

Normal NG bullshittery.
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 284
    @Firekid you may be on to something there. Fair play to your points.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    romeo
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 871
    @SPC_TORRES yes season 1 may have been the better of all forms of Guild Wars but it still had crazy lag, exploits, and bugs which needed to be repaired and led to season 2 roll out which was more broken than previous lol. All I’m saying is stating The Developers Got It Right 🤣 is like saying an Orange is Pink. Love the enthusiasm but off the mark imo.
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 92
    @Vane thank you for announcing how Maggie will be gettable, but that's hardly any update. Is it going to be at a reasonable level of stars? How far into the distance?

Still too many questions. What about dragons tongue and musket? Are we supposed to forget about them?
    xbamfxbigbeano
  • lyts1985lyts1985 Member Posts: 56
    Seriously disappointed with the reinforcement tokens. By the time they become available the majority of spenders will have instead bought the weapons again, making the tokens pretty much worthless!
    Urbanjesus
    @Jenng well played, well played 👏 🤣🤣🤣
    SCBMAZetteScowley
    @Urbanjesus you’re not taking my advice good sir lol remember: lower expectations, higher opportunity for thrill. Soon. lol
    Urbanjesus
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 92
    > @xbamfx said:
    > @Urbanjesus you’re not taking my advice good sir lol remember: lower expectations, higher opportunity for thrill. Soon. lol

Hey expect the worst hope for the best right?
    romeoxbamfxDeathwish19
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 470
    I'm still waiting on my Autographed Maggie Rhee blow up doll and the Negan statue from 2017
    MrLuckyGovernatorxbamfxbigbeano
    I wouldn’t mind a capture the flag mode or something like that/ capture the HQ in the middle of the map. You face other players with their badge survivor which count for both sides. One player starts left side map, other player right side and you have to get to the middle and secure an area in combat to the death with also walkers like Winslow and metal head spawning in from behind that force you forward. Incredibly intense but also rewarding as this mode would be a blood fest 🤣. Rewards could include hero tokens/class tokens, phones, components etc.
    Danski_46FirekidbigbeanoZette
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,410
    @xbamfx that’s a great idea and I’ve thought similar before. In your idea is this a true PVP mode or would you be facing enemy players bots?
    xbamfx
    @Firekid true PvP mode 100% I think it would be fun but probably would need its own separate hospital because people would be crazy bloody haha. The thought of being surrounded by dangerous enemies and forced into battle is amazing to me, creates tension and as long as it’s full blown player vs player it would be a true test of strength and wit.
    tabernacZette
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 470
    > @xbamfx said:
    > I wouldn’t mind a capture the flag mode or something like that/ capture the HQ in the middle of the map. You face other players with their badge survivor which count for both sides. One player starts left side map, other player right side and you have to get to the middle and secure an area in combat to the death with also walkers like Winslow and metal head spawning in from behind that force you forward. Incredibly intense but also rewarding as this mode would be a blood fest 🤣. Rewards could include hero tokens/class tokens, phones, components etc.

Masochist 😂
    WahooDawgxbamfx
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,369
    xbamfx said:

I wouldn’t mind a capture the flag mode or something like that/ capture the HQ in the middle of the map. You face other players with their badge survivor which count for both sides. One player starts left side map, other player right side and you have to get to the middle and secure an area in combat to the death with also walkers like Winslow and metal head spawning in from behind that force you forward. Incredibly intense but also rewarding as this mode would be a blood fest 🤣. Rewards could include hero tokens/class tokens, phones, components etc.

Cool concept, but NG has already said that NML doesn't have the infrastructure to support a true PvP (multiple players playing at the same time) mode
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

xbamfx
  • lyts1985lyts1985 Member Posts: 56
    > @Dodkong said:
    > Seriously disappointed with the reinforcement tokens. By the time they become available the majority of spenders will have instead bought the weapons again, making the tokens pretty much worthless!
    >
    > Say what? Do Reinforcement tokens have a "Use by" date? Do they spoil in 4 months time? Maybe they go moldy? Or get hard and crusty on the edges making them taste funny?
    >
    > Seriously, the sky is NOT falling if you can't use those Reinforcement tokens during this council upgrade. They will be just as useful when the next council upgrade comes around. And rest assure, there will be another council upgrade in the game's future.
    >
    > At least I try to be optimistic the game will be around long enough for the next council upgrade.

Whilst I enjoy a bit of sarcasm, I think given the fact it was hyped for and introduced along with THIS council upgrade I dont think it was an entirely unreasonable assumption they'd be useful during this council upgrade.
    crambert_nec