delete me

LasherLasher Member Posts: 31
edited June 3 in Suggestions & Ideas
delete me

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 275
    edited April 10
    If you mean attacking whilst in overwatch, all you need to do is use up all AP before ending your turn and you won't attack unless via retaliate or punish.

I don't understand how your method would help you win exactly however. If you're one hit away from being killed, I would suggest using tactical / swift strike to make a quick exit.

Edit: I clearly skimmed the post as opposed to fully reading. I still think the system is set up in a way where there are workarounds for the most part. Spacing plays a major part in strategy as does damage reduction, meat shielding etc.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 114
    I get your point Lasher and this definitely happens from time to time, especially in the Distance. For me it's not so much overwatch but rather revenge/retaliate that causes this. However, looking at the big picture I like the simple system now in use. Since if this would be fixed, they should also change:
    - allowing you to decide exactly how to move
    - allowing you to decide which enemy to attack in overwatch/retaliate/punish
    - allowing you to fire on empty spaces with assault weapons to hit enemies at both sides of the cone even if there isn't anyone in the middle

And probably some other things I didn't remember now.
  • LasherLasher Member Posts: 31
    edited June 3
    delete me
    BurmeliinisATLAS-Z
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,400
    it is literally only revenge where that can happen. The amount of developer time and chance of it causing bugs just so once in every 1000 moves you can disable the trait seems like a waste to me. I’d suggest either not using revenge survivors or making sure your revenge survivor is not in line of sight to stop it happening.

Agree on the choice of path the survivor takes though. The amount of times my warrior wants to run to the wrong side of a group of walkers after a half move is crazy!
    ATLAS-Z
    edited April 23
    You'll want to be careful when using weapons like the spear too in any case. I poked the rear enemy on OW and it killed the walker in front which allowed the rear to come forward and attack me. THANKFULLY I use hazard suit and was able to mitigate damage. This was in the narrow gap in the bottom center section of Getting Burnt.

@Firekid OW, revenge and retaliate all kill and will allow an enemy to take the place of the one adjacent to it.
    sorry I misunderstood. I thought it was to do with going into struggle and killing the walker allowing the next walker to kill them rather than being “safe” for the next turn when you can free them. Lost more missions that way than already having struggled and retaliating and dying that way. But yeah still don’t want them messing with the coding for it and breaking it! Only just got overwatch and retaliate working together!
    I notice that gets said often... How hard is it to leave intended code as it is and replace unintended code? The struggles we face these days!
    Lol, I agree! But NG obviously don’t have the most talented coders in the world seeing as anything new they try to do seems to break everything. Does kind of make me scared to ask for anything too complicated!
    I hear ya. Fingers crossed for the future.
    Firekid
    edited June 3
    delete me
  • CallasCallas Member Posts: 26
    I wouldn't mind this feature.. I really hate it when one of those explosive walkers comes around a corner and one of my overwatch shooters drops him, despite the rest of the team being within the blast radius. There goes my no injury star 😃
    edited April 25
    @Lasher sorry if I sounded overly negative about your idea. If NG can do it and not make it to fiddly or break anything else in the game then hell yeah more options for strategic play is definitely a good thing. Whilst they are at it they could create a button to toggle auto cover on and off too! That’s been asked for since forever as well. Keep having ideas and keep posting them for sure as we all want to keep this game developing!
    edited June 3
    delete me