New Challenge Mapsets?

@Vane

Are new maps on the horizon? It's been a very long time since we had anything brand new.
I think most of us are bored with the same maps being recycled over and over.
BodPandreqDanski_46JadenmsapaevKyrusden4playBohemianbobShadowWalkerDrhooDeathwish19TroublemakerBuckzzhuskersoxfanWhoareyoubababooeyMrLuckyRINO4739DBones

Comments

• BodBod Member Posts: 103
    No GW no new challenge map set perhaps it's time to retire for some of us
    SpyTweakersRweird
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 401

Lets make a challenge out of the GW maps then!

That is a good idea actually. Just repurpose them as the template is already there. It wouldn't be too difficult for NG to work out.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    Walkerslayer82
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 524
    > @flyingcowking said:
    > Lets make a challenge out of the GW maps then!

I said that from Day 1

Crazy ideas i know 😁
    MrLuckyMFJigsaw
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,278
    > @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:
    >
    > That is a good idea actually. Just repurpose them as the template is already there. It wouldn't be too difficult for NG to work out.

Definitely NOT a good idea. Then we'd get sick of Guild Wars maps even quicker.

No I think we need fresh challenge maps. 6 little stages per set, not a tall order.

Come on @Vane
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JadenDeathwish19MrLuckyMFJigsaw
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 298
    > @flyingcowking said:

Or from season missions. There are plenty of maps that even without changes can be adopted to challenge
    romeoflyingcowkingMFJigsawDeathwish19
    ATLAS-Z said:

> @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:

>

> That is a good idea actually. Just repurpose them as the template is already there. It wouldn't be too difficult for NG to work out.

Definitely NOT a good idea. Then we'd get sick of Guild Wars maps even quicker.

No I think we need fresh challenge maps. 6 little stages per set, not a tall order.

Come on @Vane

Problem is tho, we may be asking too much by asking for brand new maps. I imagine they would give us something which required minimal effort. By remixing old properties, it means they do little work. Ideally they give us new maps, but I would be happy with not seeing the same old trash we have seen for the longest time now.
    romeoMFJigsawDeathwish19
    > @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:
    > > @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:
    >
    > > Lets make a challenge out of the GW maps then!
    >
    > >
    >
    > > That is a good idea actually. Just repurpose them as the template is already there. It wouldn't be too difficult for NG to work out.
    >
    >
    >
    > Definitely NOT a good idea. Then we'd get sick of Guild Wars maps even quicker.
    >
    >
    >
    > No I think we need fresh challenge maps. 6 little stages per set, not a tall order.
    >
    >
    >
    > Come on @Vane
    >
    > Problem is tho, we may be asking too much by asking for brand new maps. I imagine they would give us something which required minimal effort. By remixing old properties, it means they do little work. Ideally they give us new maps, but I would be happy with not seeing the same old trash we have seen for the longest time now.

Asking if new maps are in the pipeline is asking for too much?

Sorry but I have to disagree. I was under the impression that new maps were going to be coming soon
    romeoMrLucky
    @NerfZone187 nah nothing wrong with asking for it. However, this is NG. If we want something like new maps, we all need to come together and demand it of them not just keep playing each week as if we're content with the current goings on. I had almost a year hiatus from the game and came back quite a few changes, one of which was the staff members getting cut. Perhaps we cut our time invested in order to show we are tired of the same rinse and repeat.
    > @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:
    > @NerfZone187 nah nothing wrong with asking for it. However, this is NG. If we want something like new maps, we all need to come together and demand it of them not just keep playing each week as if we're content with the current goings on. I had almost a year hiatus from the game and came back quite a few changes, one of which was the staff members getting cut. Perhaps we cut our time invested in order to show we are tired of the same rinse and repeat.

I don't see this as a viable strategy to get things the community wants. If the community wants something such as new mapsets I agree they should speak up
    Deathwish19MrLucky
    Fair play Sir.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,164
    NML is the new Compass Point.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,007
    There are also some old maps we haven't seen in a long time... like a very long time, so long that I don't even remember what the set was - but we had it in the beta test for the alternative heroes.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    @Troublemaker how do you mean?

No prizes for guessing which challenge is coming next. I'm sure we've seen the last of the "Freemen".
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 108
    In 3.2 update notes there was a section on Challenge Sets Rework:

"Some sets of Challenge Missions have fallen out of favor over the years, and with this update we are breathing new life into the Overrun Compound, Teeming Graveyard and Grim Suburbs Challenge sets. Look for them to appear in the Challenge in coming weeks; more Challenge set revisits will come in future updates!"

None of these sets were introduced since then. When will we see the reworked mapsets?

romeoDBones
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 35
    So true, @jrodrf2!
    I think this even deserves a topic on its own! I've been thinking about posting something similar... I haven't seen too many posts from @Vane answering legitimate questions. And there are many of them which deserve an answer from him, or at least an "official answer from NG" which I think is the same thing.
    Sure not asking for heads to roll, but at least - with this kind of math - he's not (yet?) worthy of the title "community manager", that's for sure!
    Danski_46
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,007
    While I am frustrated as well by the lack of communication, I think we need to keep in mind that @Vane is just the interim community manager. He is doing all the communications on top of his usual work.

I am sure we are going to get a new fulltime community manager soon and will then hopefully see the communication return to the level we had with Kaz.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TCBRITOromeoJenngSPC_TORRES
    edited April 28
    This isn't a shit on Vane post so go make your own thread if you want to do that.

Please don't come hijacking my thread to do it!
    TweakersRweirdDodkongsuzequeue
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 303

This isn't a shit on Vane post so go make your own if you want to do that.

Please don't come hijacking my thread to do it!

Agree with you @NerfZone187 very bad forum etiquette to hijack another's post.
    Doom Squad Family - #DSF
    12 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

suzequeue
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 235
    @Billbam and @NerfZone187 you guys are right, I shouldn't have created a tangent from your point. My apologies. I'll remove my post and consider creating a thread of my own.
    NerfZone187romeoDeathwish19
    edited April 28
    > @jrodrf2 said:
    > @Billbam and @NerfZone187 you guys are right, I shouldn't have created a tangent from your point. My apologies. I'll remove my post and consider creating a thread of my own.

No worries, I just didn't want it to get out of hand & turn into a "shit all over NG dogpile"

I have derailed my fair share of threads so I'm not playing the role of the victim here 😂
    Deathwish19
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 319
    @NerfZone187
    I'm pretty sure your post is the point of this forum. To suggest, question, sometimes complain about a game we play, spend money on, and watch the advertisements which pads the pockets of the corporation. Since we ARE padding the pockets, WE should be able to say what WE as a community WANT. This isn't even close to the first time new maps have been requested, only to fall on deaf ears. How many times have community members begged for more, or new Chapters? More deaf ears. Sad thing is, it's the end gamers asking for these things that are being ignored. The corporation keeps giving us what THEY want, not what WE are asking for, what you are asking for.
    maku11RWSNerfZone187
    Bump lol