The Shut it map

2»

Comments

• BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 845
    Basically, The Shut It map has become the Shelves map. Relentless spawns, with heavy hitters, although no additional heavy hitters on this map. Weak sauce NG..
    Danski_46romeoNezo
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 281
    It got real on level 38.1 and really got real on 38.2 for me...if there is a walker right next to top door forget it...all about the spawn when you get to this point. As KD said above if you do not get the right spawn flee and take the one hero hit rather than wasting all 3.
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight! New to the game, come to our guild,it has several high level players 2nd accounts there willing to help you grow. We have a chat group where we share videos and strategy.
    Danski_46romeoBurmeliinis
  • tymbrwlftymbrwlf Member Posts: 4
    I managed to pull this off on Round 28 (21's taking on 29's) with Carol (my best stabber), Jesus, and Michonne (My two best warriors). The trick is to get the gates closed ASAP. This stops the hemorrhaging of new walkers. Carol on the gates, Jesus and Michonne taking out what spawns. You just have to hope with the initial spawn that there isn't an armored in the crowd at the gate.

It wasn't pretty AT ALL but I rolled it after MANY failed attempts with countless other combo's.

And I agree that NML is broken in regards to stunned walkers no longer keeping non-stunned ones from getting to you. So much for that barrier
    Danski_46
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,056
    > @LoneWanderer360 said:
    > At what stage are yall having these problems? I know I am not getting as far as most of you, but with Merle in the lead and 2 legendary assaults I'm not having much problem.
    >
    > In no way I'm suggesting I'm better than anyone. I'm wondering at what point the strategy will have to change?

Pray for luck...doesn’t get any less hairy at 40.1

ShadowWalkerJenng
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,015
    Some Level 40 Beating

anniesprinklesCronusimacharlie
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 162
    edited June 10
    This map is way harder than any of the other maps. The bruiser charge works sometimes, but even then you need lots of luck. I tried it 5 times on 33.1 (with my own guys at lvl 22-24) with 3 bruisers and failed each time. Mostly I only got the bottom door closed, and couldn't reach the upper door as new zombies would immediately spawn into empty spaces created by punish/retaliate hits.

The Sasha+ 2 x assault combo is even worse, as you need a perfect start (and no tank on the map) to be able to charge up your assaults before you get all struggled up.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,667
    Yeah, Sasha and 2 assaults was the most consistent and less stressful strat for me. Use Abe to take the hits and I had my lucky/wide weapon on my revenge assault to give a better chance of getting charged on the first turn. It was much easier to get the top gate free with that set up for me.

It's such a shame because I really enjoy the other 5 maps. Please NG, retire this map if you can't fix it. Replace it with another map. Like the teeming graveyard set, I don't really ever want to see this set again in it's current format.
    maku11Danski_46Burmeliinis
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 170
    I would have been able to clear at least another 2-3 rounds if it weren't for this God Awful map. Honestly, it's another cash grab for NG for people to get frustrated and buy Gold.....Not cool....
    romeoDanski_46Drhoo
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 603
    I think you can recognise NG cash grabs when they don't respond to threads like this one.
    DrhooNezo
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 281
    Sure hope this map is modified before next use...just not fair that walkers can walk through a herd and continue to spawn the way this one did. Or give us the same ability to run past a wall of walkers. Also on the freemen map, freemen continue to attack even when they have a 2 stun above their heads, total crap.
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight! New to the game, come to our guild,it has several high level players 2nd accounts there willing to help you grow. We have a chat group where we share videos and strategy.
    DrhooDanski_46
  • BodBod Member Posts: 102
    We couldn't block the spawn the last time we play this map back in January I think and as for now NG still can't be bother to fix it and what happen to the community manager who was suppose to come in soon nobody's here to answer our questions
    romeoDanski_46
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 603
    @Fluxxx maybe this thread could be your place to introduce yourself?
    WellyLugadalmer
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 205
    Danski_46 said:

I think you can recognise NG cash grabs when they don't respond to threads like this one.

I know it’s very easy to jump to conclusions like that, but everyone has been very busy with preparing the 3.3 update in the last few weeks. I have answered the question about that map in the Slack chat several days ago, but never got to reach out to here, so sorry guys. I am myself hearing about it since very recently.

There can be numerous reasons why it could have been affected, both intentionally and unintentionally, either some changes to spawn mechanics in general, or to the map/mapset in particular. Something could have been changed somewhere else, which led to the map dynamics changing as a result. It may be even quite difficult to find an initial reason behind that change.

What I can do is to ask our level designer to have a further look at that map and figure out how it could be modified, for the use of that mapset in the future.

(and please believe me, we really don’t have time to sit around and think “hmmm, how do we screw these guys up in this particular mapset”. I understand it can become no fun at some point, but things like that can unfortunately happen sometimes, just need to find the right balance and adjust it)
    Dbl_Edge_DEPDanski_46mack22Nezo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,667
    Thanks for the response @Vane

It seems to me to be a spawn mechanic. I noticed on the reworked overrun compound set there were a number of instances where I was trying to learn spawn blocks, I watched where they spawned and then tried to block. Instead, walkers would just spawn in any free adjacent spot around my survivor.
  • kookaburrakookaburra Member Posts: 23
    Map cut me down at 40.2 while I was still beating all other levels 2 and 3 star. Morgan, RGG, punish/retaliate bruiser all max DR with >20K health stood no chance. Thanks for responding @Vane.
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    Yes, this map is extreme and out of balance compared to the other 5 maps in the set. It made me stop playing it when i know i could've kept going if i wanted to continue feeding it. The spawn mechanics are just as bad as the autospawns in The Room. (that map is one of the worst imo)

Less auto spawn trickery and more old school tactical maps for us to attack please. 😊
    mack22romeoDanski_46andy75
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,552
    @Killdozer187_ you must be looking forward to deer in the headlights this week then :-)
    Danski_46romeo
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    Did anyone have an active walker spawn directly on top of a stunned walker?

I thought the stunned walker wall would protect me while I hit elsewhere. When they spawned in the exact same spot as the stunned walker they could attack me. I wasn’t expecting it so I didn’t setup for an attack. It was hard to catch what was happening and only saw it accidentally. Once I knew to watch for it, I caught it happening multiple times. @Fluxxx
    Did your bruiser have punish? As I’ve had it that the two things happen simultaneously. Caught me out a few times.
    I had RGG, Morgan, and my favorite retaliate/punish bruiser. How does punish cause a spawn on top of a stunned walker? I need to know how to guard against in the future.
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    The Walker was most likely killed in punish and another took its place. Gate openers still punish
    SmokeandMirrors
    Yeah visual glitch just like where it shows walkers as being stunned from retaliate before they’ve hit you.
    SmokeandMirrors
    Makes perfect sense now. Thank you, @andy75 and @Firekid.
    andy75