Share Your Feedback: Performance in Missions with Burning Walkers

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 205
Hi guys!

Want to hear your experience with missions that have burning walkers in them post-update (as Night Challenge has several missions with burning walkers) - are crashes still happening for you, or has it been improved?
romeoMFJigsawJenngShadowRa

Comments

• CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,154
    I have not started this week's challenge yet, but on Chapter 15 of End of Line, Mission 5: All Hell Breaks Loose my game froze after the first explosion and burning walkers were on screen.

Had to close and restart game in order to play.
    My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    VaneZette
    Can this post be pinned?
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    Vane
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 97
    I've never really had problems with burning walkers in the challenge @Vane

Lately (but pre update) i have had several problems though in the distance missions where you use two assaults two stun and Sasha to set the walkers on fire (there were a few but i forgot distance and mission number).

The game would freeze completely. Nothing, just a still image.

Had to hard close and restart (actually continue) those missions several times before i finally got through.

Reported it through in game support but don't know if it has been fixed yet.
    VaneCamel56
    Game froze on this screen...

Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
    VaneZette
  • Tux77Tux77 Member Posts: 118
    No issues yet
    Vane8900rpm
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 593
    Crashed in The Pyre & Narrow Path @Vane . And yes i’m burning them with my rifle. On ios here
    Vane8900rpm
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,552
    Someone in our guild had a crash during midnight snack.
    Vane
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 112
    > @Carly said:
    > Game froze on this screen...

Maybe its time to change your device? I player this mission with previos phone meizu pro all was ok, now i play with huawei p20 pro same think, all is ok no problem

P.S time a time need to clean game cash it also help to speed up for not long time
    Vane
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 298
    Never had problem before update, after update still no issue. iOS
    Vane
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 245
    Old low end android device, i had slow downs with burning effect but the game runs better after the update. Thanks.
    Vane
  • VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 205
    romeo said:

Crashed in The Pyre & Narrow Path @Vane . And yes i’m burning them with my rifle. On ios here

Thanks for letting me know. Which device with ios do you have? Did you have the same issue before the update?
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    I have never had an issue with it. iPhone 8+ most current software.
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 282
    Just had a lockup on the pyre. Had to force close game. Using android on galaxy tab s4 tablet.
  • danny_sulcadanny_sulca Member Posts: 30
    edited June 13
    > @Vane said:
    > Hi guys!
    >
    > Want to hear your experience with missions that have burning walkers in them post-update (as Night Challenge has several missions with burning walkers) - are crashes still happening for you, or has it been improved?

In the fist mission (Pyre I think) I saw some walkers walking through the fire and didn't catch on fire.

And like someone said before, the game froze several times.
    Vane
    I'm on Android. Never had issues before with these maps & burners Another freeze here...

Leader of Badger Hounds
    100% F2P
    MyYouTubeChannel
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 593
    Iphone 7+ @Vane
    Newest ios update
  • TheCrabTheCrab Member Posts: 87
    I'm on android and got stuck only one time in Emergency Evacuation using sasha and shooter with incendiary guns.
    IGN : TheCrab
    Currently : Level 72
    Guild : Mavericks NWO
  • danny_sulcadanny_sulca Member Posts: 30
    edited June 13
    Another bug. Why do I get burned when killing a walker using the spear? I'm close but not next to them, why is that?

Also, if burning walkers are special walkers, why Dwight's leader trait (Desperation) doesn't activate or cause more damage? 🤔

@Vane please your support.

Android device
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 88
    The good news is that I am not seeing any additional problems on maps with flaming walkers.

The bad news is that I still have frequent connection problems (been going on for ~2 months).
    - Path selection interrupted and survivor moves partway.
    - Cannot select survivors (sometimes cannot select 1 specific survivor, others can't select any)
    - Survivor moves completely different direction than path selected. (Path is directly to the right, survivor moves up and left.)

It's like there is a connection issue and then things get out of sync with the server.

I have finally figured out that the best thing to do when it happens is to wait 15-30 seconds; normally everything straightens itself out.

Game is unplayable sometimes.

Using Ipad Pro with latest IOS. Same problems with 2 different wifi sources and cellular data.
    MFJigsawStevensaint
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 89
    Locks up every other pass on the pyre after the walkers first turn. Galaxy Tab A and Galaxy S8+. Both have space, and are current patch release.
    MFJigsaw
  • BigBobBigBob Member Posts: 44
    Got this, don’t know if it applies-went away after I reloade. Apple IPad Air.
    Stevensaint
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    My game crashed on the Pyre map (I was using an incendiary rifle at the time).
    MFJigsawStevensaint
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 72
    Android, game doesn't load anymore....
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 44
    I had this issue, moved with michone as the last, then in next round She could not move got burned
    and missed a star.
    Elder : Blood and Bones
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 203
    Never had a problem with system crashing due to burning walkers. I do have a problem digesting the notion that a scout with spear takes fire damage when there is an entire space between them.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,117
    On midnight snack the game froze up before I had all the crates open and before the burning walkers started coming. The game reloaded and didn't take me back to the mission. It sent me back to the main screen and all 3 of my survivors had heavy injury. The game has froze on me a few times since the update but not like that.
    I had a walker grab Rick and die from the wrestler trait activating. The game froze for a moment right after and then reloaded. After that it took me back to where I was in the level. There were no burning walkers on that map.
    When the revenge trait from one of my shooters activated, the game lagged and froze.
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 561
    edited June 16
    Crashes frequently for me whenever there are more than 3 or 4 burning walkers. Game freezes. Sometimes more than one restart per map. This has been happening for some time.

Running on a Samsung S8 with latest updates.
    romeo
This discussion has been closed.