Best team/strategy for Level 15's final level in Nightmare?

Has anyone beaten the very final level of the new stage on Nightmare? I got through every other stage on my first try thus far, but got my butt kicked by van Zandt himself (made it to the end with the Raiders/mini-gun turret but then got shot down before I could reach them). I used Dwight (5*) with burning weapon in Leader position, a 9* Hunter with burning weapon, and a 9* Scout with Kingdom Spear. All survivors level 26, all gear level 29.

I'm guessing it's a matter of a different team? Since you can't charge bruisers to stun, they seem useless against CR 32 walkers and raiders. The spiky walkers are a pain as well.

Anyone found an ideal team/strategy for this?

Comments

• ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 362
    Im stuck on the last two missions ( 6 & 7 )
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 14
    Do you not have 80% DAmage resistance on your bruisers? I used 3 bruisers and had no issues charging him and knocking him off the gun. Things would have gone really well if a hunter didn’t block opening the door. I just ignored the second wave of walkers and rushed the MG with Morgan/rgg/bruiser. Eventually the walkers caught up and helped me with the freemen.
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    Cleared nightmare mode tonight with Aaron, Morgan, Riot Gear Glenn. All 7*. No redos, but took some damage. You don’t have to kill all freemen. Just need to open truck door. (May also need to kill Van Zandt; not sure if required.)
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    WOOF! I did it, BARELY, after many restarts and different teams. What I found worked was a shooter, a scout with kingdom spear, and a bruiser (all 9*). Play defensively throughout, just overwatch so bruiser can hopefully stun for 2 rounds, scout right behind to stab. Then back away from walkers until last possible moment, making sure shooter gets charged. Then position all 3 survivors JUST in front of (not directly in front, but above and below) that final barricade before van Zandt sees you. Then rush in with scout and bruiser to soak up some damage, and two charged shots from a shooter vs van Zandt is all you need apparently to take him out (I used the winter bow). Scout must then be in position to open door, and you're done.

It took a lot of strategy, then most intense and fun I've had with this game in a while! I actually had to try, think, plan, etc. (thank God for half healing cost and 24hr gas gift!) instead of just grinding. Woo!!

That was fun. Thanks, NG.
    JenngGovernator
  • RevenantRevenant Member Posts: 87
    i won with Sascha, Abe, and a Shooter... (with fire)
    Kill Van Zandt and open the door.
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 470
    Did it in first day, Michone rgg Daryl never switched
    aquila
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 566
    Didn't have any problem with it. Sasha x 1 with Incendiary and 2 x Assaults did the job. Played defensively with Sasha sniping the Freemen at the start. Built up charge on all three via the walkers and then rushed Van Zandt with my highest DR assault first (they take the freemen overwatch shots) and stunned / killed everyone within 2 turns. You don't need to kill all the freemen if you take out VZ with charged incendiary and open the car door.
  • TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    3 bruisers with Morgan as leader. Get away from the spiked walkers and head for Van Zant. Stun the 3 freemen and easy turn to open the truck.
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 218
    I did it with RGG, Sasha & Aaron. The last two with incendiary weapons. Burn baby burn ;p
    Member LegionOfDoom
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 54
    3 bruisers and just head for van zant.
    Elder : Blood and Bones