new here - how to get more supplies faster?

koebabakoebaba Member Posts: 1
Hi all,

Just started the game, level 11 now and fun game.
Only issue I seem to come across is that Experience points are rocket high fast and supplies remain always low.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?
Thanks,

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 276
    Upgrade your supplies stores, supplies farms, get to higher levels of challenge mode, once you unlock the distance you will see a significant boost when you clear through it. Tomato Monday / Tuesday will also boost supply amounts. And get with an active guild who are willing to help build you up, you will see a bigger difference.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    WellyLuga
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 553
    Governor can give you a decent boost on supplies in crates, plus when you get to The Distance you could put Glenn into the leader slot and then clear down waves of walkers (up to 100) with assaults to get +supplies bonus on every kill.

Generally though, it takes a VERY long time to get to max level in this game. 9 months if you're a min/max mentalist, and over 12 months if you're going along at a normal/fast pace.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,096
    Scavenge:
    Governor as lead + Maggie + Glenn

Outpost:
    Glenn as lead + Maggie + Assault (just grab TG and run - don't kill enemy)

Use Training Gear on all.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    BiggsDarkLighter

Governor can give you a decent boost on supplies in crates, plus when you get to The Distance you could put Glenn into the leader slot and then clear down waves of walkers (up to 100) with assaults to get +supplies bonus on every kill.

Generally though, it takes a VERY long time to get to max level in this game. 9 months if you're a min/max mentalist, and over 12 months if you're going along at a normal/fast pace.

What would you need to do to get to max within 9 months? I have been playing on and off since 2016 and my peeps are only at 20.
    Burmeliinis
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    edited June 4
    I have been playing June, 2017. It took me about 16 months to reach level 72. This was my strategy for getting tomatoes as fast as possible.

I scavenged tomatoes a lot with Governor in lead. For normal Distance I used Glenn, Maggie, and Abe all the way through with training gear on all. On lower levels of the challenges I used the same team but switched to my A team when the going got tough.

At the very end, when I was level 69 trying to get to 70, I waited until my tomatoes were full and started my council upgrade. Then I bought a bundle with full tomatoes and gold to speed up the council upgrade, used the tomatoes from the bundle to start the workshop upgrade and used the remaining gold from the bundle to rush it.

I got so tired of using Glenn and Maggie! It paid off though.
    DrhooJBreeze38

What would you need to do to get to max within 9 months? I have been playing on and off since 2016 and my peeps are only at 20.
    Skipp every other level (saves wasting XP on weapons that are out of date quickly), maximise tomato grinding etc.

Personally it took me 15 months and that was going at a fair old pace. I just know others have claimed to have done it in 9 months.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 114
    I would say key is tomato monday. The double amount of tomatoes you get from scavenging helps a lot. Buy a gas booster and repeat ad nauseam. It might be a good idea to do it on normal difficulty as you can run through the maps so much faster without getting injured.
    "Skipp every other level (saves wasting XP on weapons that are out of date quickly), maximise tomato grinding etc.

Personally it took me 15 months and that was going at a fair old pace. I just know others have claimed to have done it in 9 months"

@DrUnpleasant when you say skip every other level, how do you mean exactly? And this takes little to no money?

@DrUnpleasant when you say skip every other level, how do you mean exactly? And this takes little to no money?

You can't completely avoid levels but you can 'ignore' levels to a certain extent. So if you were level 20 with upgraded lv20 gear, you can get your camp 2 levels higher than your team and then level your survivors 20>21>22 and don't have to waste XP on upgrading lv21 weapons.

It saves a LOT of time and effort if you skip levels.

DIARLI_SARAIVA
    I see what you mean. Might be worth considering. Should I upgrade each building to max before upgrading council or just get enough player xp and upgrade as quick as possible?
    You normally have to upgrade *most* buildings to max before Council anyway - so yeah.

I think I 'skipped' upgrading weapons on every other level from 17 to 25.
    Okay. I'm gonna try to give that a go, see what comes up. It would be nice to start seeing the benefit of getting high star counts.