Trait re-rolls and drop table odds

WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,662
Are we likely to see drop tables to let us know the odds of receiving each individual trait when re-rolling?

There has been some conspiracy theories in the past with some players adamant that certain traits like bullet proof, sniper harness and training gear have a higher likelihood of appearing. It has been previously confirmed by NG that each trait has equal chance but there has always been some doubt despite that. Since re-roll tokens are available in the distance and many players, myself included, will be spending gold to obtain more so we can reroll more often - are we likely to see drop tables? Even more so if they ever make their way into the bundle shop. Personally, the amount of epic potential unicorns I've rolled on only to see bullet dodge appear as the 5th trait has been ridiculous, to the point where it feels like it's rigged sometimes.

I feel like in a week or two players will be excited to reroll a trait, but then when many of them are offered vigilant and bullet dodge... accusations might get thrown around. I guess all I'm looking for is reassurance :lol:

@Vane @Fluxxx
Killdozer187_jimmydawiseJenngbigbeanoaquilaRiotZappaflyingcowkingTheCrabJadenromeoDonCoquiDBones

Comments

• aquilaaquila Member Posts: 245
    With 11 ranged and 12 melee traits, we should have:
    2/(11-5)=33% (ranged)
    2/(12-5)=28% (melee)
    Chances to get a single desired trait with one reroll i think.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,542
    Slightly worse odds for hero’s though as they only have 4 normal traits not 5.
    aquila
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,662
    Cheers for the reply @Vane. That's good enough for me :smile:. At least if the conspiracy theories arise you've answered ahead of time!
    romeoJenngDonCoquiimacharlie
  • reveenreveen Member Posts: 24
    I hope the trait we are replacing is removed from the 2 new traits we have to choose from and that there is no chance of getting 2 the same.

Imagine if you go to replace bullet dodge and you roll 2 bullet dodges :D
    imacharlie
    Don’t worry you can never roll the trait you are replacing and will get two different traits to choose from.
    imacharlie
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 282
    From announcement notes- These randomly-selected Traits will not duplicate any Trait that the character already has.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,157
    > @Vane said:
    > For some insider info on that subject, I can tell you that we actually don't have a setting which would allow us to control the chance of getting a particular trait, neither for equipment traits nor character traits. The traits are taken from the pool of all traits with an equal chance for each trait to appear, it is just the way it is programmed.
    >
    > With trait reroll tokens, we could have gone in a route of getting 1 random trait when you reroll traits, but we decided to make it 2 traits to pick from. This way, it will be easier to find a trait that you are looking for, considering that the pool of the rest of the traits for a legendary character (i.e. already having 4/5 traits on them) is not big.
    >
    > With that being said, I am pretty sure there will still be a lot of theories going around :lol:

NG official answer for gear drops is also "equal chances".

I don't think any player believes in that.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    GoatlipsRiotZappa
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 202
    The joy of training gear on a melee toon.
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 282
    @Goatlips ...dont press your luck
    Jenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,662
    edited June 21
    Goatlips said:

I was excited about re-rolling character traits, but then saw you also have to invest a character's tokens as well as the re-roll tokens and it seemed like I could actually make their progress go backwards.

So I'm no longer that interested. Keeping character tokens to get them a 'pink star' ;) is more important for me, I think.

I'll just gloss over the chat of exploits...

But trait rerolls should be something more seriously considered by players at end game status where heroes have one or multiple pink stars and the returns from investing tokens has diminished so low it's not worth it. For instance, in my case do I spend 1,000 tokens to boost Abraham's dodge chances from 16% to 17%, or do I spend them on 3 rolls of the dice trying to get a better 5th trait than defensive stance?

Easy choice.
    JenngDBones
    On the flip side, it cost less tokens for lower level traits, I’d go legendary, traits, then pink stars if I was starting over.
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 141
    But if i change a trait in a hero, is it possible that if i replace two other traits of the same hero, the same trait that i rejected at the beginning will return in the double choice? I hope not otherwise it would not make sense to have them again in a double choice.
    TCBRITO
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,157
    > @Goatlips said:
    > I was excited about re-rolling character traits, but then saw you also have to invest a character's tokens as well as the re-roll tokens and it seemed like I could actually make their progress go backwards.
    > So I'm no longer that interested. Keeping character tokens to get them a 'pink star' ;) is more important for me, I think.
    >
    > P.S. @Troublemaker - anyone who used to turn off their phone's Internet before opening a crate knows that the 'random' reward was not random - they were the same every time! Same applied to badge-making - same badge created no matter what components you used. Sadly, this loophole was patched recently (apart from in the shop, buying crates/gear with TGs...Shhh, don't tell them!)
    >

Well noticed!

This game is sold as strategy but in the end it's a huge p2w "interactive jackpot machine".
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Killdozer187_
    @Jankel sorry to disappoint, once you have removed a trait then it is returned to the available trait pool and may then come up in the choice when you reroll a different trait.
    Jankel
  • OlafTheSmallOlafTheSmall Member Posts: 12
    edited June 21
    Vane said:

For some insider info on that subject, I can tell you that we actually don't have a setting which would allow us to control the chance of getting a particular trait, neither for equipment traits nor character traits. The traits are taken from the pool of all traits with an equal chance for each trait to appear, it is just the way it is programmed.

But for sure someone forgot to turn on the switch for crafting damage reduction badges ;) . Please check is it ticked the checkbox near it. Thank you
    romeoShadowWalkerdlb