How many survivors?

I have 3 heroes - Negan, Daryl, Glenn. How many survivors should I keep with my heroes? Should I do 1 of each class or more? Thanks.

Comments

• CasiousCasious Member Posts: 3
    Thanks DBones. Appreciate it
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,023
    I just have 1 survivor x class...well... maybe more but i never use those because Crap. I use a lot Abe Sasha and Jesus plus 1 surv x class
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    DBonesJenngjimmorrison369
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,331
    Minimum 1 of each class. I’d fill up whatever spots you have available but save your tokens for the traits of survivors you want to pink. The opinions on what those traits are varies but there’s lots of good info around here.
    DBonesjimmorrison369psychwolf
  • hendryhendry Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2018
    I only have one or two non-hero survivors of each class. However, that is mainly due to the fact that I am pretty far into the game and have unlocked all heroes except for Carl and Aaron. For example, there are 4 assault heroes (Abe, Rosita, Governor and that idiot Rufus) so I only have 1 non-hero survivor. Since you seem to be early in the game, you will need more than one or two non-heroes of each class just to be able to play - just keep in mind that you will retire some as you move forward so focus your token resources on your best non-hero of each class to enable you to get them pink as soon as you can.
    JenngDBonesDIARLI_SARAIVA
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Any time. The forums are a fantastic place for getting great advice, and there are countless people on here who are always willing to help - it's a great, even if often crazy, community. Welcome aboard, and have fun!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    JenngDIARLI_SARAIVA
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,139
    In the end you'll probably want 2 of every class that are well traited. As you advance you'll figure out your style of play and where your preferences lie. I've seen end gamers with triple pink survivors with bullet dodge simply because this was a survivor they got early in the game and kept promoting them. By the time they fully understood traits that survivor was at such a high level it wouldn't be worth scrapping them. That and many times a better option just never comes along. My very first scout ever has Lucky-Dodge-Retaliate-Strong-Power Strike. In two years I have never gotten a scout with superior traits and have trashed a number of them for tokens. And I really, really want a scout with Lucky-Retaliate-Ruthless but have never gotten that combo with any other decent traits. If you have two good survivors in each class you can always pair them up with a hero of the same class if three are needed.
    DBonesJenngDanski_46bigbeano
  • CasiousCasious Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone for the info. I definitely have some work to do. LOL. Appreciate all the info.
    DBonesJenng
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 178
    I subscribe to the 2 survivors for each class to maximize any weeks we get a class bonus.
    DBones
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    My own setup;
    28/35

Melee
    Scout   -Two non hero = total 4
    Warrior   -One non hero = total 4
    Bruiser   -Two non hero = total 5

Ranged
    Shooter   -One non hero = total 4
    Hunter   -Two non hero = total 6
    Assault   -Two non hero = total 5

I used to have extra shooters and warriors, etc., however, after getting so many Hero’s unlocked, it’s not worth the Expierence Points to keep many extra and keep upgrading them.

I also try to have a minimum of 2 sets of gear for each class. More if possible, but you can only hold so much and when double Expierence Points comes I scrap the extras.

As I unlock hero’s along the way, I have removed survivorss because you run out of inventory space before you know it.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    edited March 2018
    I have all heroes with pink stars, 2 3 star survivors in each class, about 3 2 star survivors in each class. Just spitballing. All in all I have around 54 survivors all at least 1 minimum punk stars. I keep a large stable of all survivor types, and they’re all pinko’s
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,373
    One or two from each class, upgraded to pink star(s) is much better than a bunch of non pinky legendary toons.
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 249
    one for each class, well you can also collect survivors as many as you can but don't invest in them
    when you move to higher level, it'll be easier to upgrade your survivors at reasonable pace

• johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    Glad I found thism was going to ask it blind. I have 43/43 currently, and that seems like all I need. I have all the heroes, and 2-3 non-heroes of each class. All non-heroes are at least 1-pink, most are 2-pink. Plenty to get through the distance on hard mode. This lets me set up offensive survivors and defensive survivors. Works well durjng GW , and upper challenge levels whenyou neet to take a hit and keep playing.
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    The only downside is the exp cost oF upgrading everyone. I try to play enough fo keep the upgrade training grounds busy all day.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,298
    I have like 68/68 but I use the extra slots to hold epic and legendary scrap fodder. Then when they have a special scrap event for that class, double my return.

Active team, x2 of each class is fine. Maybe more assault and bruiser if your hungry for the Distance (Hard) but not that experienced at it yet?
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,125
    I have 40 of 42. 2 scouts, 1 bruiser, 2 warriors. 2 assaults but with poor traits 1 unicorn hunter and 2 shooters with poor traits. I only use hero’s 90% of the time.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,125
    It only doubles the initial amount of tokens you would have got when you found them not any tokens you invested after. So if you found a survivor at legendary and got them to multiple pink star you would only receive 256 extra tokens than doing it on a non survivor scrapping event. If you found them at epic only 128 more. Etc.
    romeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,298
    Yup yup, if it's a double Hunter call for example, any hunters you scrap also get double return, but only on their initial value. Like @Firekid said.

But with all those extra slots, I just collect them and let them sit. Even if no scrap event comes, if I need the tokens, I scrap as needed. If it does come, jackpot :-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • pkerr116pkerr116 Member Posts: 34
    I’ve got about 60 total slots. All heroes except the most recent ones at 1 pink or 2 pinks. Regular Daryl nearest to 3 pink stars but even new scout Daryl at 1*

I have at least a 3 pink* survivor in each class, one hunter at 4 pinks and at least one in each other class close to a star upgrade

I won’t even play them until they are 2 pink stars except for assault which are there for stun and sacrifice on the distance

I have offensive and defensive options in each class at two pinks, some at three. The heroes always punch above their weight except at the highest levels when crowd control (assault, then bruiser) is the main focus, followed by speed (scouts)

I wasn’t sure which style was useful when I started getting survivors to keep so I kind of spread out the traits. The scout I thought would be useless turned out to be critical in high levels where survivability is key, and the additional distance helps keep him out of reach very often

Oh and all have fully maxed at-level weapons and armor, except those that recently got promoted a level. Hard to keep he gear in sync especially after a cap increase
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 582
    Goatlips said:

> @ATLAS-Z said:

NB: Anyone just starting out needs to, somehow, quickly understand survivor traits - you don't want to invest all your tokens on a survivor with bad traits. I got lucky, mine are okay, but you don't want to have to use the costly new trait re-roll function. Wait for an Epic survivor, so you can see most of their traits, before upgrading them.

Once you have a survivor with a legendary amount of tokens invested in them the amount of tokens returned from scrapping the survivor is poor and not worth doing (even on 2x scrappage events?).

That's what the forum, youtube, player guides, and your guild mates are for... there are more than enough guild families that one can join where they'll help you learn the ropes.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • DefenderDefender Member Posts: 78
    I have 65 slots, 20 are throw away for Distance. I’ve been playing since 2015 so slots were gathered over a long period
  • ShannaraShannara Member Posts: 57
    I have 29/38

I collect one non hero survivor of each class with my fav traits to sink the class tokens into and make them get pink stars. Im still a noob I learn to do that by reading the forum. I had to get second scout because I got a new good scout with follow through and I want to try it out. I havent unlocked all the heroes yet because some take a lot of tokens to unlock & I dont want to rush to the end of the game.
  • OohbabyOohbaby Member Posts: 43
    55 and they keep giving me more with the alt hero’s!