Ideal survivor and hero traits

2ยป

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 560
    I read somewhere that lucky affects inherent critical chance, so I don't think ir's a waste based on that. Also when you factor in weapon trait chances like the flare gun's incendiary, it becomes far more useful imo.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    jimmorrison369aquila
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 709
    edited June 2019
    WellyLuga said:

Dodge really shines when you double it up. Yes, survivor traits alone don't really add up to much like you say, about 20% but when you get armour with gold dodge and say Morgan's staff with silver lucky you greatly increase your chances. My 8* has 17% from traits and 15% from armour, so 32%. Lucky x2 boosts this to about 44% so you're approaching nearly one in two attacks at high level being reduced from 250% back down to normal strength. If you use Gabriel in lead, he boosts those dodge chances up to about 66%. RGG is a great bruiser but even with the same weapon and armour, he goes down so much quicker because he lacks the survivor traits.

Also, hazard suit gives a chance to turn any attack into a body shot, if this happens then there is a separate roll for dodge so a small chance you can completely avoid damage at very high level.

Hope that made sense, apologies for throwing a bunch of numbers out if it doesn't :lol:.

Interesting discussion on Bruisers. So what is the ideal tank bruiser armor? Assuming you have 80% DR and don't need IS on your armor, I've been rolling with Silver Stun Resist/ Gold Health and Hazard but would Silver Stun Resist/ Gold Dodge and Hazard be better? Is there something more ideal?

Also, what does everyone prefer, Morgan's staff with silver lucky or tactical? I really like tactical for the DR and extra movement, but say you're at 75% DR, would lucky be better than only getting the 5% DR?
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    @Deadheads these are my pick ๐Ÿ˜
    romeo said:

@Deadheads these are my pick ๐Ÿ˜

Damn, did you find all those gold hazards or buy them? Think I've only found one with gold hazard (other traits were shit) since the last update.

• romeoromeo Member Posts: 638
    Got some luck from last two jackpot events. Of course way more with training gear ๐Ÿ˜†
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    My perfect Bruiser armor would be Gold Dodge and then Anti-Stun and Hazmat. I can live with the latter two in either of the remaining positions.
    romeoSPC_TORRESWellyLuga
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,528
    @Deadheads I use both, depending on the situation. In last week's challenge, Tactical was great on Locker Room because I could stun and then open a locker. On other maps (especially when I have Morgan leading), I like Lucky.
    romeo
    JayZ said:

@Deadheads I use both, depending on the situation. In last week's challenge, Tactical was great on Locker Room because I could stun and then open a locker. On other maps (especially when I have Morgan leading), I like Lucky.

Unfortunately I agree... I just hate swapping weapons.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,393
    @Deadheads I've actually got two of the same armours @romeo has shown above. Silver stun, gold dodge/hazard and silver health, gold dodge/hazard depending on tank/no tank maps. Those get the most use and are two I will probably keep upgrading with tokens!

With lucky x2 silver stun is boosted to around 70% which is good enough for me. If I was to pick between hazard and dodge, assuming no fire walkers I would take dodge. Especially if it means you have dodge/lucky x2. I'd rather have 44% dodge chances than 20% dodge from survivor traits and 20% hazard from armour. If that makes sense?
    tabernacromeo
    WellyLuga said:

With lucky x2 silver stun is boosted to around 70% which is good enough for me. If I was to pick between hazard and dodge, assuming no fire walkers I would take dodge. Especially if it means you have dodge/lucky x2. I'd rather have 44% dodge chances than 20% dodge from survivor traits and 20% hazard from armour. If that makes sense?

Damn, didn't even think of lucky boosting silver stun... does it boost hazard too?
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,361
    Deadheads said:

Damn, didn't even think of lucky boosting silver stun... does it boost hazard too?

Unfortunately no
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    romeo
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the comments about lucky/dodge and the armor tips. Looks like I need new survivors and tactics. And I definitely need better bruiser armor. I have had terrible luck getting good bruiser armor.

Can anyone point me to videos of the stunning/blocking techniques being used in L40+ challenge missions? That is where I run into problems.
    WellyLuga
    Deadheads said:

WellyLuga said:

I believe lucky boosts the body shot% of Hazmat armor. (Gold = 20% chance for an attack to be a body shot.)
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,042
    edited June 2019
    Grendel said:

I believe lucky boosts the body shot% of Hazmat armor. (Gold = 20% chance for an attack to be a body shot.)

Nope, body-shots are NOT affected by luck.
    So piercing, razor, bulletproof and hazard suit are not in any way made stronger by lucky.

I could go further and tell about how those traits aren't even chance based traits.
    They actually change a chance that already exists, namely body-shot chance.

Edit- I must admit, hazard suit has the most tricky description when it comes to my last statement. NG still thinks about it that way regardless.
    tabernac
    edited June 2019

Grendel said:

Nope, body-shots are NOT affected by luck.
    So piercing, razor, bulletproof and hazard suit are not in any way made stronger by lucky.

I could go further and tell about how those traits aren't even chance based traits.
    They actually change a chance that already exists, namely body-shot chance.
    There are two different aspects to body shots:

1) Your attack results in a body shot.
    I agree this is not affected by luck (like razor and piercing) and is not chance-based.

2) An attack on you will be a body shot due to Hazmat armor.
    The trait says (at gold) that there is a 20% chance that any attack on you will be a body shot. This is definitely a chance-based trait of the armor; so shouldn't it be affected by luck?

> @Grendel said:
    > Thanks for the comments about lucky/dodge and the armor tips. Looks like I need new survivors and tactics. And I definitely need better bruiser armor. I have had terrible luck getting good bruiser armor.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to videos of the stunning/blocking techniques being used in L40+ challenge missions? That is where I run into problems.

Two different stun wall strats :smile:
    Grendel
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,042
    @Grendel .
    I fully agree on your assessment.
    But previously when this was brought up.
    This discussion happened.

To summarize, first @Kaz stated it did get affected by luck.
    But eventually, after a statement of @Shteevie , it got debunked and Kaz poted a list of all luck affected traits. No hazard suit.
    Grendel
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 186
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > @Grendel .
    > I fully agree on your assessment.
    > But previously when this was brought up.
    > This discussion happened.
    >
    > To summarize, first @Kaz stated it did get affected by luck.
    > But eventually, after a statement of @Shteevie , it got debunked and Kaz poted a list of all luck affected traits. No hazard suit.
    Could u find this post i would love to read it, thx

@Grendel .
    I fully agree on your assessment.
    But previously when this was brought up.
    This discussion happened.

To summarize, first @Kaz stated it did get affected by luck.
    But eventually, after a statement of @Shteevie , it got debunked and Kaz poted a list of all luck affected traits. No hazard suit.

@jimmorrison369

Thanks for the history. No need to rehash all this then.

I wonder if there is some confusion around the fact that Hazard suit consists of 2 traits: 70% damage reduction from fire (not chance-based) and 20% chance of body shot (chance-based).

It sounds like there is general agreement that luck should affect the BodyShot% portion of the Hazard Suit trait since it is based on chance, but that it doesn't according to NG. Maybe this is something they could fix.
    jimmorrison369
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,528
    @Grendel here's an example from the most recent challenge. I ended with 2070 stars - 41.1 was basically the same as my video below but with some more struggle.

GrendelMaD VapoRtus