Vs Humans questions about piercing, hazard suit, and razor

1. If your weapon has gold piercing and the enemy has gold hazard suit, do the +30% / -30% body shot effects cancel each other out and result in 0% chance of body shot? (Assume same character levels.)

2. Assume your total damage resistance is 110% from traits and badges. If you are hit with a gold razor attack which ignores first 30% of DR, is your effective DR for that attack 80% or 50%? (In other words, at what point is the 80% cap factored in)?
jimmorrison369

Comments

• afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    From what I understand the hazard trait doesn’t always take affect but very interesting and technical question
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,051
    Your second point.
    From what I understand, your stats are finalised when the mission starts. From that logic, damage reduction will be max 80%. That way the 30% razor should make it 50%.

Taking point 2 in account I'd assume the same would apply to hazard suit. But I'm not sure.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,417
    There was arguments a while ago that the supposed Razor DR was simply translating to 30% more dmg in gameplay. Gotta check that.

1. Bodyshot is calculated before damage or reductions or criticals, so they don't relate;
    2. Yes.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,051
    @Troublemaker
    Hazard suit and piercing both adjust body-shot chance. So they definitely relate.
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 83
    @Grendel
    2. 80% or 50%?

@Troublemaker
    2. Yes.

😂😂😂