Question about badge bonuses for outpost defenders

I have a hero outpost team that is badged to support each other with bonuses (Carl with Negan, etc.). Unlike other missions, the badge indicators on these heroes do now glow green to show that the increases are in effect. Are they calculated as I would expect?

Comments

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 225
    NG should allow us to badge our survivors in the outpost, it will make it more fun.
    SPC_TORRESDonCoqui
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 575
    > @bladgier said:
    > Badges do not work for outpost defenders

Unfortunate, but true.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    vshield50
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    Why do so many want to make it more difficult to get trade goods?
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,204
    > @Grendel said:
    > Why do so many want to make it more difficult to get trade goods?

Because most people attack you and try to get influence points even if your trade goods are right there for the taking. So it's important to teach them a lesson.
    ShadowWalkerGovernatorbigbeanovshield50
  • leuchte123leuchte123 Member Posts: 15

I always think when I read such howling post that these people can not even calculate one and one.

Suppose badges and other things are added so that a perfect defense is possible. After a while, everyone has set up their outposts.

And now comes the result it gets no more trade goods. Thanks to all the mimimis.
    DonCoquiShadowWalkerbigbeano
    @leuchte123 Who is howling? Anyway, OP bores me to death. My only strategy playing OP is do I take a scout or not. I would welcome a change.
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    bigbeano
    > @leuchte123 said:
    > I always think when I read such howling post that these people can not even calculate one and one.
    >
    > Suppose badges and other things are added so that a perfect defense is possible. After a while, everyone has set up their outposts.
    >
    > And now comes the result it gets no more trade goods. Thanks to all the mimimis.

A "perfect defense" will still most likely lose. The attacker already has the advantage of being able to use charged attacks, not to mention an actual brain (for most people anyway).
    BurmeliinisRiotZappa
    @Grendel you bring up good points. I would still like NG to allow us to badge OP defenders, but they should increase the rewards for attacking and defending. 300 missions is ridiculous and I would rather have a more challenging game experience with better rewards, than repeat the same mind numbingly boring task over and over again.

Also what is the point in having a defense and spending TG on upgrades if they're just meant to be cannon fodder? Might as well just scrap OP, and put TG as a reward in Scavenge missions then.
    DonCoquiTCBRITOBurmeliinisRiotZappa

@Grendel

Also what is the point in having a defense and spending TG on upgrades if they're just meant to be cannon fodder? Might as well just scrap OP, and put TG as a reward in Scavenge missions then.

There is a thought... I like that.
    bigbeano
  • SCBMASCBMA Member Posts: 2,181
    Outpost used to be my favorite game mode in NML until NG killed the competition. Everyone can get the 9999 score now so there is no glory in even saying you are a Master Tier player because it is meaningless. My defense is still winning more often than not. I don’t give away free trade goods. My guild mates can’t raid me so why would I want to give free resources to my competition? To each his own I guess.
    romeobigbeanovshield50DonCoqui
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    > @SCBMA said:
    > Outpost used to be my favorite game mode in NML until NG killed the competition. Everyone can get the 9999 score now so there is no glory in even saying you are a Master Tier player because it is meaningless. My defense is still winning more often than not. I don’t give away free trade goods. My guild mates can’t raid me so why would I want to give free resources to my competition? To each his own I guess.

These words pretty much sum up my view of Outpost too. Well said @SCBMA
    SCBMA
  • PicPic Member Posts: 789
    That was crazy long. Agreed

> @Grendel said:
    > Here's my logic.
    >
    > Unless you are playing Outpost for the glory (enough to tie for first place on the leader boards at 9999 - which I have actually done once), the only point in Outpost is to get trade goods. (And to have fun of course, if you like that game mode.)
    >
    > It is easy to get to 5000 influence points and consistently get 5000 trade goods every 2 weeks with minimal effort. If you play another 300 or so rounds of Outpost within a 2-week cycle, you can raise your influence points to 8000+ and get an extra 5000 trade goods, for a total of 10,000 as a reward. But playing those extra 300 rounds likely also got you at least 150,000 more trade goods. So you got 5000 trade goods from influence points, and 150,000 from mission rewards.
    >
    > The point is, the real rewards are in playing and beating Outpost and getting 500+ trade goods on average per mission.
    >
    > If you get 15 influence points for successfully defending an outpost, you basically get 15 trade goods (assuming 1000 influence points = 1000 trade goods). This is compared to spending 1-2 minutes getting 500+ trade goods on average from a raid that is successful 95+% of the time.
    >
    > This is what I don't understand. A lot of people want badges to work on Outpost defenders and for Overwatch to kick in immediately instead of being delayed. Why make it harder to get 500+ trade goods in a raid so that you can get 15 trade goods a few times a week from a successful defense?
    >
    > Personally, I don't want Outpost raids to be as difficult as Guild Wars PVE. (Outpost would probably be even more difficult, since defenders are specifically chosen and outfitted for outpost defense instead of randomly chosen as in Guild Wars PVE).
    >
    > I don't want to minimize those that really get into Outpost defense strategies and whose goal is to win every defense. I get that. But I see Outpost as basically Scavenge mode for trade goods. I don't want NG to buff Outpost defense to make it more difficult to get trade goods, just like I don't want them to add metalheads and spiked walkers to XP/Supply scavenge modes.
  • Katz_Killers18Katz_Killers18 Member Posts: 206
    I mainly play the Outpost when my TG"s are running low! Or we're between Challenges andd ive maxed out The Distance or bored with the scavenge missions.

• leuchte123leuchte123 Member Posts: 15
    >
    SCBMA Posts: 2,163
    June 30
    Outpost used to be my favorite game mode in NML until NG killed the competition. Everyone can get the 9999 score now so there is no glory in even saying you are a Master Tier player because it is meaningless. My defense is still winning more often than not. I don’t give away free trade goods. My guild mates can’t raid me so why would I want to give free resources to my competition? To each his own I guess.
    >

Because you are no longer the stallion with 9999 points. I'm sorry.

Do you not begrudge others to give you something for free? Live with it.

My box is right at the gate and it does not scratch me at all when I'm being killed.
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    It would be interesting to have a new Outpost mode that is more balanced and allows players to set the rewards. The catch is that the rewards come directly from the players.

Example: I post an outpost defense and wager 1000 trade goods and 500 influence points that my defense will win. The attacker has to agree to accept the wager to do the raid. The winner gets 1000 trade goods and 500 influence points.

Maybe NG could monitor results and tweak the offense/defense balance weekly to deliberately maintain a 50% successful raid percentage.

This would be a new mode; the old mode can remain for trade goods scavenging.
    ShadowWalkerRiotZappa