Bayonet Musket Strength Concern

Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 360
Afternoon,
I've tried the bayonet musket and fully upgraded it. I have found that the damage output appears to be 20-25% less than my total damage on normal attacks fairly often. I have attached a photo to show this. and raised a support ticket. Unable to upload a video showing, I don't know how to on the forum. I spent gold on speeding up the process as I was keen to try it out but feel let down by it. Please advise @Vane or @Fluxxx
I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep

Comments

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 202
    Hey, so there's a general damage variation with weapons. But if it's happening to you consistently, we can have a look at it! Won't be able to check that over the weekend, but how about on Monday I'll PM you and check if that's still been the case?
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 561
    I'm not following this completely. Are you saying that the musket is doing 25% less than the stated damage output? Or that normal attacks are doing 25% less than you're used to with other scout weapons? If the latter, I assume you're not comparing it to a scout weapon with the Lethal Trait (+15% damage)?

Overwatch damage is also about 25% lower than normal damage, so it might be that... (e.g. my scout has 12000 damage but does around 9k on overwatch attacks).
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 360
    @Fluxxx yes please, that would be appreciated.

@DrUnpleasant... so on the main character screen where you can choose weapons etc, it shows total damage, HD's being 4334.I expect it to be about +15/-15% for normal attacks give or take. However, when I do normal attacks with the musket, I am seeing normal attacks do damage as low as 3200 sometimes. that's about 25% damage loss. I'm comparing it to weapons which don't have lethal, so the spear for example. I expect to have lower damage with the spear, altho I have badged my toons in way that they see little damage loss with it.

If I knew how to upload a video, I would show what I mean.
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 561
    Odd. I'm trying with the musket (upgraded twice not fully) on my guys and on the very rare occasions they don't crit, it is doing approx the damage I'd expect.
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 360
    Is it on, above, or below stated amount by about 15% give or take?