Has this happened to you? - Potential Trait Reroll token bug

FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 310
We've gotten a few reports of a potential bug with trait reroll tokens - If you have opted to keep your trait after using the tokens, and you try to reroll that same trait again (in hope of better options), you get the same two options as the ones in your first reroll.

We have not been able to reproduce this issue consistently, so I wanted to ask you guys to tell me if you've experienced the same issues or if it has been working as intended for you.

So basically, this thread applies only to players who:
Have used Trait Reroll tokens at least twice on the same hero and the same trait.

If you have screenshots, please share them as well.

Edit: Just to keep this straight to the point, I'd like to emphasize that this thread is for players to describe what happened when they rerolled. It's not a discussion of the issue, the feature or of what should be done.
AlexFiliUK

Comments

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    This happened to me @Fluxxx and I submitted a ticket yesterday. I hope I get those tokens backs, was none too happy wasting all those hero and reroll tokens after getting the same traits come up over and over....
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    What I got when I did it early morning. Within the hour of the bundles coming out.

ZetteTheKingimacharlie
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,083
    I did not screenshot it but last night rerolled bruiser Morgan’s defensive stance trait one after another and got same traits to choose from.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    I sent in a ticket (no response yet) but I had this happen to me with my bruiser. I received options of DS and Ruthless on my first roll. I choose to keep the original trait and rerolled the same trait right away. I ended up getting offered the same replacement traits as I had just rolled prior (DS and Ruthless) in the same order.
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 256
    It happened to me on Morgan. Rerolled vigilant and was offered strong and bullet dodge. Kept my original trait and immediately rerolled for strong and bullet dodge again.
    vshield50zeekdog
    Also submitted a ticket yesterday. No response yet.
    vshield50zeekdog
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    > @avelardez said:
    > What I got when I did it early morning. Within the hour of the bundles coming out.
    >
    >

I believe the difference here is that you accepted the new trait. You didn't keep your original and reroll.
    ShadowWalkercrambert_necbigbeanoromeo
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 184
    > @andy75 said:
    > It happened to me on Morgan. Rerolled vigilant and was offered strong and bullet dodge. Kept my original trait and immediately rerolled for strong and bullet dodge again.

Same scenario as @andy75 but additionally I tried again awhile later and rolled two different traits. Can’t remember what the other was, but one was punish which I kept. Thinking maybe it rolls the same unless you log out and come back? Ticket submitted early yesterday also.
    MudMoccasinvshield50
  • johnnytKd_johnnytKd_ Member Posts: 27
    same thing here rerolling Morgan yesterday. tried today and finally got what I wanted. I did submit a ticket but have no proof unless you can look at the game log.
    Army of Slayers / Psycho Slayers
    MudMoccasinvshield50zeekdogTimboski
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 272
    Happened to me with Negan. I re-rolled Iron Skin and had the options of Follow Through and Bullet Dodge. Both of which I declined (since I REALLY wanted Punish) which ended up costing me both re-roll and Negan tokens. I re-rolled Iron Skin AGAIN thinking it would give me the Punish option but instead I got the same 2 choices as previously!!!!!! Sadly I've no pictures or video to prove it....
    vshield50zeekdogAlexFiliUK
  • JeongJeong Member Posts: 10
    @Fluxxx
    I don't have the screenshot either, however, I think it happened to me too.
    By the way, if this issue is true, some reroll tokens should be given to the players for free, surely.
    TCBRITOcrambert_nec
  • RowensRowens Member Posts: 36
    Sooo, how many are loosing their tokens altogether, if they keep their same traits?!
    I can’t tell you how much this bothers me,....I’ll get deleted anyway.
    How about instead of taking away from us,... give us incentives for how much we’ve spent already or for how long we have been playing this game because we used to like it so much!
    MudMoccasin
    So apparently it’s not a bug and we were just really, really unlucky.
    bladgierpsychwolf
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 606
    That's kinda crap @Fluxxx … you just lost out on more money from me for reroll tokens
    Rowenspsychwolf
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 153
    edited June 28
    @Fluxxx You could easily code it so that the same traits never appear back to back if the original trait is kept.
    Gradypsychwolf
    Note: If I remember my probability correctly: If there are 6 possible traits, the odds that a roll matches the previous roll in the same order is 1 in 30. (1/6 x 1x5 = 1/30).
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,700
    Why would the odds decrease? Wouldn’t it be 1/6 x 1/6?
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,388
    Grendel said:

Note: If I remember my probability correctly: If there are 6 possible traits, the odds that a roll matches the previous roll in the same order is 1 in 30. (1/6 x 1x5 = 1/30).

Right method, but wrong numbers I think (maybe this post can summon @DLich) .

Let's say you're rerolling one of Morgan's traits. There are 12 possible bruiser traits, and Morgan has 4 of them. So if you reroll, you're going to get one of the 8 he doesn't have. The chance to get any individual trait (assuming the chances are equal) is 1/8 or 12.5%.

Like I said, your method was right... the chances of getting the exact same two traits as you did a second ago with a reroll are 1/8 * 1/7 (since you're choosing from a pool of 7 traits for the second option because you can't get the same option twice) and the math works out to: 1/8 * 1/7 = 1/56 or 1.79%

Ok... I did math on the internet... someone tell me I'm wrong. :wink:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

Grendel
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 28
    Well I just tested just because I can and I noticed I got a trait that was from a previous reroll. Like DS and vigilant twice and dodge. So if I reroll it again will BD appear with one new trait? We shall see. Come one man. Give us half our reroll token back too. That seems right.

Bill_ZRT said:

Grendel said:

Right method, but wrong numbers I think (maybe this post can summon @DLich) .

Let's say you're rerolling one of Morgan's traits. There are 12 possible bruiser traits, and Morgan has 4 of them. So if you reroll, you're going to get one of the 8 he doesn't have. The chance to get any individual trait (assuming the chances are equal) is 1/8 or 12.5%.

Like I said, your method was right... the chances of getting the exact same two traits as you did a second ago with a reroll are 1/8 * 1/7 (since you're choosing from a pool of 7 traits for the second option because you can't get the same option twice) and the math works out to: 1/8 * 1/7 = 1/56 or 1.79%

Ok... I did math on the internet... someone tell me I'm wrong. :wink:
    Thanks for updating the formula with the right number of traits. (I was too lazy to figure up the total number of bruiser traits. Just took a guess.)
    Bill_ZRT
    (Using the correct number of traits now thanks to @Bill_ZRT )

The previous formula that gave 1/56 reflected the chance of getting the same two traits twice in a row in the same order.

The odds of getting the same two traits twice in a row in any order should be: 2/8 * 1/7 = 2/56 = 1/28, or about 3.6%.

jimmorrison369
  • tinytuna007tinytuna007 Member Posts: 333
    edited July 8
    I had that happen when re-rolling the defensive stance trait on Morgan. I kept the original trait so I lost 100 re-roll tokens and I still have defensive stance 😫😫
    Eh Family Recruiter Contact me at [email protected] to join!
  • GameonGameon Member Posts: 14
    edited July 8
    Got the same trait offered twice. Purchased another 50 and bullet dodge again!!!!!!! Not happy
  • Killdozer187_Killdozer187_ Member Posts: 385
    edited July 8
    You can't get a bad trait if you don't reroll

- Confucius
    Jenng
  • RiverGhostRiverGhost Member Posts: 5
    >opted to keep your trait after using
    >the tokens, and you try to reroll
    >that same trait again

I trait rerolled on Morgan 3 times on the same trait—the Vigilant slot

The first time I got a choice between Follow Through (left) and Power Strike (right). I kept the new trait on right side and got Power Strike (I wasn’t aware you get tokens back if you kept the original trait initially).

The second two times again Follow Through appeared on the left— all 3 times I got Follow Through on the left side. Strong was on the right side for these two.

I figured this was a bug after the second roll so contacted help in game. They said it was just bad luck and would not happen again—so I rerolled the 3rd time and it happened again.
    romeo
This discussion has been closed.