Why are Warrior's First Charged Hit not Guarenteed Critical Hit NG?

vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
@Fluxxx,

This question and/or suggestion has been visited many times in the past but NG refuses to implement Warrior charge hits in the same fashion as the Shooter class.

May you please inform us (or me) why Warriors cannot have guarenteed critical charge hits for the first attack? I think it would make warriors more of an option to play with rather than sitting in our outposts or just being in our camp sipping moonshine with Rufus and Jerry....
tabernacromeoMystiqueWellyLugaDeadheadsJadenSg_DeathanniesprinklesbigbeanoBWilsSgtSalamiBloodyChainsawaquilaTHCrossJenngADPaq

Comments

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 577
    I'd like to see a change to their weapons too. Inherent wide arc with gold razor and swift strike. Silver can be lethal or destructive.
    BWilsMojaku
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 168
    To be fair, a warrior can attack multiple enemies and would likely get at least one critical hit, which is the same amount as a shooter, while dealing additional damage to more enemies than a shooter could.

If a warrior had a guaranteed critical charge attack and an additional attack, that would be a bit OP in my opinion. Not that I am against having super powered warriors, but no other class can hit multiple enemies with a guaranteed critical attack and then follow up with another attack (with regular weapons anyway).

I think warrior charged attacks are balanced the way they are, but they could use some better weapons and leader/class traits.
  • TrishaloveTrishalove Member Posts: 19
    Warriors are my work horses. Jesus leading with a scout and another Warrior are my long distance team in Challenges. They can go far longer, and hit harder than any other classes I have.
    How strong your Warriors are depend on their pink stars, their gear, their badges and definitely who is Leading.
    Jesus extends both damage and health to the others when he leads. The stronger he is (the more pink stars) the stronger your team will be.
    I have a 3 pink star Jesus. Over half of his regular attacks are a critical hit and his charged attack is always a critical first and half the time a critical second as well, at his level. He’s a level 25 doing 12k in Damage and has just about 12k in health.

If your favorite Heroes and Survivors are not living up to the potential you believe they should, take a good look at their badges and gear. What works on one Warrior may not work as well on another (same for all classes). They have different traits that react differently with the things you add to them.
    Mystique said:

Warriors are my work horses. Jesus leading with a scout and another Warrior are my long distance team in Challenges. They can go far longer, and hit harder than any other classes I have.
    How strong your Warriors are depend on their pink stars, their gear, their badges and definitely who is Leading.
    Jesus extends both damage and health to the others when he leads. The stronger he is (the more pink stars) the stronger your team will be.
    I have a 3 pink star Jesus. Over half of his regular attacks are a critical hit and his charged attack is always a critical first and half the time a critical second as well, at his level. He’s a level 25 doing 12k in Damage and has just about 12k in health.

If your favorite Heroes and Survivors are not living up to the potential you believe they should, take a good look at their badges and gear. What works on one Warrior may not work as well on another (same for all classes). They have different traits that react differently with the things you add to them.

For some strange reason I don’t think the OP has any problems with his pink stars, gear or badges!
    😉🤔
    Oh, my fault, I didn’t quote the person directly above me. My response was in answer to them. 🙂

romeo
    Also, I do stand by if you are unable to play 25 Warriors through level 38 and 26 Warriors through level 40 (even when it is not a Warrior class week), there is something wrong in their set up, gear, or the amount of stars they have.
    BloodyChainsaw
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,223
    Makes sense.

Warriors are basically the Hunters of melee?

Scout/Shooter

Warrior/Hunter

Bruiser/Assault

At least that's the way I always saw it? And hunters have guaranteed crit on charge. "From a safe distance"

:smile:
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,857
    How about all classes had charged guaranteed critical only 1st attack if they have 2?🤔🤔🤔🤔
    ATLAS-ZCronusbigbeano
  • PigBenisPigBenis Member Posts: 1,049
    Allow Swift Strike trait on ranged weapons.

You more or less have it in the game already with Hilltop Maggie's leader trait but with massive restrictions.

Players might think that would make ranged overpowered, but every attack would add to the threat counter. So while they may be able to take out the enemies on the screen, they would be surrounded within a few turns when the wave spawns. This may also encourage the use of mixed teams since Threat Reduction is a melee trait.
    Black Labs Matter.
    ATLAS-Zvshield50
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,111
    Can someone explain why gold piercing is only 30% and gold razor is 45%? Why such a large gap between the two?
    edited August 13
    I was thinking about it, and as much as I would love all the boosting and balancing suggested here (most of it anyway) I don't think it will matter much.

Traits and balance don't matter much to the endgame until your facing levels beyond 36. Prior to that, most can win with any team fairly easily, right?

But, at the highest difficulties...

Scouts do the most damage, and this is unlikely to change...

Scouts have threat reduction "almost" exclusively, that's unlikely to change....

Scouts have the best, most versatile movement even before Drive-by-Daryl, which is unlikely to change...

Bruisers can tank the most damage defensively, that's unlikely to change...

Bruisers can stun 100% on a charge attack, requiring only two charge points, that's unlikely to change...

Bruisers are the only class that can stun without a charge attack, that's unlikely to change...

Point being, at the highest difficulties, it's probably always going to come down to scouts and Bruisers, regardless of boosts to warriors or other classes.
    ===================

Ideas so far that MIGHT break the monopoly Bruisers and Scouts have on the Late Challenge:

Dragons Tongue Warrior weapon - make it strong, and release it soon!

Better Silence traits - If we're willing to sacrifice a weapon trait slot, we should be able to get this to near maximum.

Swift Strike for ranged - why not? Sacrificing another trait slot, nothing's free. MIGHT make a difference.

Charged crits for all - again, why not? Get the others off the bench for a mission or two.

Edit- Improve piercing trait - this is s no brainer.

Others...?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    ignasBloodyChainsaw
    @WellyLuga yes! I meant to include piercing in that post, thanks! Edited.

And 100% agree about spawn blocking. Definitely hurt ranged teams.
    romeo
    While Scouts do the most damage, they are still single target. Unless they are using Swift Strike on a weapon or all their enemies are in a straight line for a Kingdom Spear.
    Bruisers ability to stun on a regular hit becomes very iffy from level 36 upward. And they have to stand and continually beat something for several turns to actually kill it and get a charge point at those levels.
    This makes groups of Bruisers (unless RG Glenn is Leading and has decided to fully charge them from the start), groups of Scouts and groups made up of just both Scouts and Bruisers easy to overwhelm.
    Old Brisks on this last Challenge was a good example of this.
    Warriors with wide arch hit multiple targets. This makes it easier for a scout to finish them off with a regular hit and a Bruiser to stun the damaged with a regular hit at RSL 36 and above.
    It’s a work together scenario to be successful. Scraping by with 1 Star per map on 38 thru 42 is not really successful. It is monotonous and you are getting beat up continuously. Along with all the gold spent on healing.
    A great Warrior (Whether it be Jesus (Leading or following) or any other Warrior you are partial to, with good Damage, high Critical Chance and High Critical hit badges can do wonders for your Melee teams. And depending on how many stars they have, with those badges, they can kill 38’s and 39’s on their own with a regular hit turned Critical 1/3 or the time.

I agree that Warriors are comparable to Hunters. These 2 classes are the Work Horses. It’s their job to mop up what the other 2 classes in their category leave behind for them.
    WellyLugaBloodyChainsawromeoADPaq
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 96
    Easiest way to bring ranged from the dead is to improve piercing drastically or come up with another new hero with leader trait "this survivors attacks have a 50% chance not to be bodyshots". Trait which can then be raised some by adding pink stars and lucky trait/weapon.

You'll still have to deal with big spawns so 50% base (raised to 60 max ?) doesn't seem like it would be too much.

Second way (new hero) is the money way, so seems like something right up NG's alley. ;)
    romeo