Why are Warrior's First Charged Hit not Guarenteed Critical Hit NG?

Comments

• TrishaloveTrishalove Member Posts: 19
    JayZ said:

@Trishalove With Daryl's leader trait and Overwatch attacks with the Kingdom Spear, Scouts can pretty much entirely avoid getting hit. Bruisers have a variety of ways to get charged beyond killing things, such as RGG or Morgan's leader traits, paired with Survivalist Rick. It's ironic that you are telling some of the top players in the game that they need to "look at their badges and gear". From your posts, it is quite obvious that you need to examine your own badges and gear, and also think about how you can more effectively deploy your other survivors.

I agree that "scraping by with 1 star per map" is not fun. But I would hardly say that @vshield50, @Deadheads, @Cronus, myself, or the other folks here who disagree with you are just "scraping by." Just take a look at this week's top 100 leaderboard - I'd say all four of us are doing just fine.

Even on weeks where Warriors start precharged, I only used a Warrior in ONE map. I "scraped by" with 3* on every map at 39.1, and got 3* on many maps through 42, but didn't record those videos. Watch the videos below. Maybe you'll learn some new strategies.

If you have videos of being more effective with Warriors at those levels, I would be more than happy to watch and eat my words. I still learn new strategies every day from some of the best players in the game, so I know that my gameplay isn't perfect. On this topic though, I'm in the "I won't believe it until I see it" camp, because actions speak louder than words.

JayZ said:

@Trishalove With Daryl's leader trait and Overwatch attacks with the Kingdom Spear, Scouts can pretty much entirely avoid getting hit. Bruisers have a variety of ways to get charged beyond killing things, such as RGG or Morgan's leader traits, paired with Survivalist Rick. It's ironic that you are telling some of the top players in the game that they need to "look at their badges and gear". From your posts, it is quite obvious that you need to examine your own badges and gear, and also think about how you can more effectively deploy your other survivors.

I agree that "scraping by with 1 star per map" is not fun. But I would hardly say that @vshield50, @Deadheads, @Cronus, myself, or the other folks here who disagree with you are just "scraping by." Just take a look at this week's top 100 leaderboard - I'd say all four of us are doing just fine.

Even on weeks where Warriors start precharged, I only used a Warrior in ONE map. I "scraped by" with 3* on every map at 39.1, and got 3* on many maps through 42, but didn't record those videos. Watch the videos below. Maybe you'll learn some new strategies.

If you have videos of being more effective with Warriors at those levels, I would be more than happy to watch and eat my words. I still learn new strategies every day from some of the best players in the game, so I know that my gameplay isn't perfect. On this topic though, I'm in the "I won't believe it until I see it" camp, because actions speak louder than words.

JayZ said:

Hmmm... Originally, I was answering a post above me and I made the mistake of not quoting it. That particular person was saying they could not really get Warriors to work well for them. (This has all been stated in a previous post).

How that got to “Telling Top Players about what badges and gear they should use” smacks of paranoia and insecurity.

I agreed with your thoughts on both Scouts and Bruisers. I simply added some limitations of both of those classes and my personal opinion of Warriors. That is all and nothing more.

Do not make more out of my posts than what is there. And don’t “bully” new posters whose thoughts do not mirror your own.

WellyLugadalmerbigbeanoBWilsromeoADPaqsuzequeue
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 300
    WellyLuga said:

Also, we used to be able to spawn block and as touched upon by @JayZ in another thread it was a vital strategy for when using ranged. NG appear to have changed the coding, whether it was intentional or not, but on most maps walkers will just spawn in an adjacent free spot instead which has really hurt ranged teams.

Seems that the ability to setup a stun block has also been reduced...not always but so many times you have the perfect block setup and tanks walk right through it.
    DoomSquad United Leader...teaching the young to fight! New to the game, come to our guild,it has several high level players 2nd accounts there willing to help you grow. We have a chat group where we share videos and strategy.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,007
    @vshield50

Shut up! :joy:

Nah, really... awesome warriors. Wow, do mine suck compared to yours. :sweat_smile:

Anyway, I think you can't upload videos to the forums at all. Need to upload them to YouTube or something like this to be able to share.

I have used Google Drive in the past as I certainly don't need more people than the forum users to stumble upon my "meh" videos. :D
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    vshield50bigbeanoTHCross
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,586
    @Jaden I don’t want to take sides or anything but your original post did come across quite aggressive and I did cringe slightly when reading it.
    Jaden
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,269
    edited August 13
    @Jaden to be fair, @JayZ (who I totally respect as a skilled player) made a post that had a very "how dare you" feel. I almost imagined pitchforks.

That said, I think the few folks who have had some luck with warriors at high levels, those warriors are badged and geared similar to scouts, all offense.

My warriors are like Vshield, with max DR, so not really any experience myself with offensive warriors.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Jadenromeo
  • TrishaloveTrishalove Member Posts: 19
    vshield50 said:

@Trishalove,

I mean this with complete sincerity. I am always down to learn from anyone and for me my warriors just don't participate towards the end of my challenges.

If there is a strategy out there that I have not figured out that would make them a powerhouse for me I would surely seek your advice!

I cannot post videos on the forum and I am not sure if you use the LINE app but if you could send me videos of how you strategize with your Warriors at high levels I truly would like to learn.

My LINE ID is vshield50 if you have the same issue as me with posting videos on the forum. I would also in turn send my videos to you.

These are the warriors I currently use. They all have 80%DR but could be tweaked I am sure.

I appreciate you sharing info and I look forward to seeing your videos if you are willing 😉

Yes, I do have Line (due to the GC). Our Guild has moved to WhatsApp and that is were I generally post any videos and then delete them. To be honest it has been awhile since I made a Melee video, we have others that are happy to help out in that way.. 🙂

However, with the exception of 1 map, Alexandria is a perfect Warrior/Scout team Challenge. I’d be more than happy to do and post any videos on any of the 5 maps you’d like here or send them to you on Line.

I do not put DR on my Warriors, nor do I worry about it. The point is to not get them hit. 1 high health badge is all they have. Warrior fighting is a bit like a dance. When to dip in and when to bow out. A charge attack on higher levels can mean a dip in for a good critical attack on the first swing and a retreat to safe distance instead of taking the second. And if you are working with 2 together it is as if they are one (when they can no longer fell something on their own) you move them in tandem.

JadenATLAS-ZShadowWalkerromeo
    Firekid said:

@Jaden I don’t want to take sides or anything but your original post did come across quite aggressive and I did cringe slightly when reading it.

What I just wrote to Trisha? Because that's the first time I wrote anything in the thread at all is why I am asking.

Don't mean it aggressively at all - I'm sorry if it comes across that way (you hopefully know I am not the aggressive type ;) ).

If you can point me to what makes it sound aggressive (maybe in a PN), I will gladly edit it to take off the edge. :sweat_smile:

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    bigbeano
    ATLAS-Z said:

@Jaden to be fair, @JayZ (who I totally respect as a skilled player) made a post that had a very "how dare you" feel. I almost imagined pitchforks.

That said, I think the few folks who have had some luck with warriors at high levels, those warriors are badged and geared similar to scouts, all offense.

My warriors are like Vshield, with max DR, so not really any experience myself with offensive warriors.

I'm sure he didn't mean it that way - neither did I (as I wrote to Firekid just now).

Sometimes written words come across harsher than they are meant.

And I know @JayZ from the time we've been in a guild together and he has always been more than nice to everyone.

So I guess - as with my post - it wasn't supposed to be meant bad at all. (Can only 100% speak on my own behalf, and I didn't mean it to aggressive or mean at all.)

ATLAS-Z
    > @Jaden said:
    >I'm sure he didn't mean it that way - neither did I (as I wrote to Firekid just now).

Oh I know, but it don't take much to rouse the mob sometimes LOL.

Torches please! Don't forget the Damn torches!
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    BloodyChainsawTHCrossromeo
    edited August 13
    On a related note, has anyone @Trishalove tried/experimented with full offense warriors sporting the "Follow Through" trait?

Is this even worth a spot on the warriors already full unicorn trait list?

I'm guessing no? Damage output being too low?
    romeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    Alexandria is a perfect Daryl, Rick, scout challenge. I'll prowl that all day
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JadenBWils
    @Jaden my bad it was jayz’s post I thought was a little bit aggressive (not much and I know he didn’t mean it like that) got confused by the reply’s!
    Jaden
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited August 13
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > On a related note, has anyone @Trishalove tried/experimented with full offense warriors sporting the "Follow Through" trait?
    >
    > Is this even worth a spot on the warriors already full unicorn trait list?
    >
    > I'm guessing no? Damage output being too low?

Only reason I did not make my warriors all offensive is because their first charge is not guaranteed critical. I can hit someone normal damage which makes my critical damage badges obsolete there.

I am basically hoping for a lucky critical or my charges are wasted on a low damage hit and flee.

The luck of the draw strategy does not fit in ny normal game play but I will experiment a bit this week.
    JadenTHCross
    Firekid said:

@Jaden my bad it was jayz’s post I thought was a little bit aggressive (not much and I know he didn’t mean it like that) got confused by the reply’s!

Phew. I'm actually relieved. :# :)

THCross
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 399
    "I don't give a crap bout whales so go and hug a tree" - Cartman, Whale Whores, South Park.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    vshield50THCross
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited August 13
    @ATLAS-Z

Going to give him a shot at lvl 40+ and test the theory...

I am keeping Jesus with DR and dodge since he has a nice health boost. I will use Slayerstyle this week and if it works well at RSL 40+ then I will post videos or ask someone if they will do it for me.

If it does work I may have to swap traits on Michonne. Should be interesting....
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 399
    Jokes aside, it would be good to see very high level play with warriors. I know that mine lack survivability late in to it. With their lower damage output than scouts, I find that they suffer somewhat. With the exception of Jesus and Michonne, I tend to bench them quickly, however, they can be used to soften or finish of small groups of enemies mainly.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    So my michonne goes with me everywhere until 35/36 then she starts to 1 hit bruise and not be able to do the damage needed to kill the walker which is about to give her the bruise. If I take her out I find it much easier to continue 3 starring them.
    Ressurrection
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,874
    I do use Michonne as far as 41, maybe 42 (as far as I can go really) and I've made her bruiser setup. Works for me. My go to team ich Michonne, Morgan (any other bruiser) , Rick (any scout) on maps with spawn counter (Alexandria is a pretty good challenge for that)
    Also there are some players that do use Warriors even further and some even did pre razor on extreme high rsls.
    That doesn't change the fact, that as far as I'm concerned that's huge amount of minority.
    Also I think that prowl has taken away from warriors as well. I'm starting to prowl more and more myself.
    So what I'm trying to say is that warriors can be useful at very high rsls but that's unlikely and they're not being considered a likely option at the end of the day for majority in the current meta.
    Charged criticals guaranteed would be possibly a step into the right direction.
    JadenxbamfxBWilsATLAS-Z
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 579
    bladgier said:

I do use Michonne as far as 41, maybe 42 (as far as I can go really) and I've made her bruiser setup. Works for me. My go to team ich Michonne, Morgan (any other bruiser) , Rick (any scout) on maps with spawn counter (Alexandria is a pretty good challenge for that)

Also there are some players that do use Warriors even further and some even did pre razor on extreme high rsls.

That doesn't change the fact, that as far as I'm concerned that's huge amount of minority.

Also I think that prowl has taken away from warriors as well. I'm starting to prowl more and more myself.

So what I'm trying to say is that warriors can be useful at very high rsls but that's unlikely and they're not being considered a likely option at the end of the day for majority in the current meta.

Charged criticals guaranteed would be possibly a step into the right direction.

Can you show your Michonne @bladgier ? Mine is 3 pink with around 10k damage/health and 80% DR and no way can I use her in 41/42
    It’s a michonne like you’ve never seen @Deadheads
    bladgierxbamfx
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 579
    bladgier said:

@Deadheads

She is able to whitstand some serious beating.

Interesting.... you do enough damage to kill stuff though?
    psychwolfromeo