Why are Warrior's First Charged Hit not Guarenteed Critical Hit NG?

Comments

• dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 37
    @vshield50 can I ask you to show badges on your Michonne and Jesus, please? Of course, if it's not a problem.
    I've found this discussion very interesting and inspiring.
    TIA.
    vshield50
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    > @dalmer said:
    > @vshield50 can I ask you to show badges on your Michonne and Jesus, please? Of course, if it's not a problem.
    > I've found this discussion very interesting and inspiring.
    > TIA.

As requested ;)
    Just for the record as I am sure most may already know, the damage and health values on enemies in the lvl 40s range go up quite a bit more significantly than they do in the lvl 30s. That is to say the increases are not incremental at a set numerical mark (I.E. 1000 increase each level).

The increases from lvl 44 to lvl 45 for instance have boosts that are far beyond going from lvl 33 to to lvl 36.

That said using a warrior at mid lvl 40s to me seems unmanageable if you need to take a hit. Without bruisers I would be struggling greatly IMO. Especially because of the Warrior's weak charge hits...
  • TrishaloveTrishalove Member Posts: 19
    JayZ said:

Firekid said:

@Jaden my bad it was jayz’s post I thought was a little bit aggressive (not much and I know he didn’t mean it like that) got confused by the reply’s!

Maybe it was, but in today's fake news era, nothing upsets me more than misinformation. There are a lot of people who read these forums (and other online mediums) to get strategy for NML, and I don't want people blindly following advice that I have yet to see be effective.

Like I said, I'm happy to be proven wrong. I like learning from my mistakes, and I won't hesitate to admit when I got something wrong. I'm looking forward to seeing videos of Warriors being effectively used at 40+ this week.

That first paragraph there is why we have such a disconnect in our interactions. I am not giving bad advice, nor do I need to prove anything to you.
    Like yourself, I have been around a long time. My posting on this forum recently is not indicative of my game time.
    Like anything else in life, with practice, patience and time given you become better and better at things. Although I started out with Ranged (as most do) years ago, I spent a lot of time scavenging on the side with Warriors. They were my favorite class. I put time, energy and upgrades into them.
    I have a friend that did the same with Assaults. He can run a team of Assaults to Level 40 (and possibly above). Assaults are what he liked and worked on.
    I had a guy in the Guild I lead with level 22’s that does every mission/map with a Bruiser Morgan Lead. That is his favorite and that’s who leads regardless. He uses no Stabby Rick, Huntsman Daryl or RG Glenn. He also has not changed a single trait on him and yet he can still get around 1400 on a Challenge.
    I know I couldn’t do that with a Bruiser Morgan Lead. I have rarely played him. It would be Challenge Suicide for me.

There is more than one way to go about things. Players in this game prove that all the time.

I have willingly said I will post videos for the person who asked me. From level 36 and beyond. I have no problem with that and will put together some this next weekend.

With the Challenge changes and introduction of Super Heroes in this last year, we are teaching new players to run through maps with Bruisers and Scouts. They can do it all. How monotonous. Where is the fun in that? Not all players want to rush to the top and we loose far too many to boredom.
    There is nothing wrong in teaching players to experiment and find their particular niche that works for them.

In regards to your question about Warriors and Follow Through: This is a wasted trait on a Warrior after Levels 36 to 38 (depending on your Warrior Level). At that point it takes all of a Critical Hit to take a regular Walker down and there is no “extra”.

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,864

In regards to your question about Warriors and Follow Through: This is a wasted trait on a Warrior after Levels 36 to 38 (depending on your Warrior Level). At that point it takes all of a Critical Hit to take a regular Walker down and there is no “extra”.

Unless that walker already had a beating and had little life left, right?
    Then it would be extremely useful to distribute a little of the otherwise wasted damage to a different target. One that may get the final blow by a different survivor thanks to follow through.

Just playing devils advocate here, if all walkers would be full health all the time we'd have a different game.
    edited August 13

Unless that walker already had a beating and had little life left, right?
    Then it would be extremely useful to distribute a little of the otherwise wasted damage to a different target. One that may get the final blow by a different survivor thanks to follow through.

Just playing devils advocate here, if all walkers would be full health all the time we'd have a different game.
    You are correct. If a walker is already damaged it would help. However, at those levels your extra damage will not be that much.

*edit: Sorry. Let me add to this.

In those situations, the extra damage will more than likely be less than a regular Warrior hit. This means another Warrior could not follow behind and take the extras out. Many times, nor could a scout at those levels. You are fighting face to face and will take a severe beating from the extras that didn’t die.

This may however, be a great trait to pair up with Dragon Claw, should we get it. That is Warrior at a distance.

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,542
    @Trishalove I’d love to see your warriors and badges as they used to be favourite class! I mean I drop stars before I drop my warriors but I want to be competitive and they just can’t cut it for me.
    BWilsBloodyChainsawJaden
    edited August 13
    Firekid said:

@Trishalove I’d love to see your warriors and badges as they used to be favourite class! I mean I drop stars before I drop my warriors but I want to be competitive and they just can’t cut it for me.

Badges and gear on Warriors and Scouts are funny things. I play Jesus and a Survivor Warrior. Both are basically badged and geared the same.
    My Michonne is badged and geared the same. She is just as strong on paper as they are. I can’t play her. I seriously play her so badly I can’t even keep her alive in a Scavenge mission. I can not figure out her specific setup, nor how to move her correctly and efficiently in combat. It is not the same.
    I have a bit of the same issue in Scouts. Gabriel, my Survivor Scout and Stabby Rick can slay all day. I am at a loss with Huntsman Daryl. Again, he looks great on paper and yet is worthless in my hands. There is only 1 map I have ever been successful using him on (run by the freeman, hit the switch on the gates, run by the walkers, Armored and tanks in the next room to the exit).
    With Michonne I originally thought it was a Mental Block of some sort on my part. I was never fond of the Character. But when it happened again with Huntsman Daryl... I love Daryl. Hunter Daryl is one of my top Ranged. I was excited to get him and upgrade him to no avail. He requires different badges than my others. I have just recently learned that the same badges and gear do not work on everyone in a class.
    edited August 14
    @Trishalove ,

Think where some pushback earlier was coming from is that Warriorrs at lvl 36 are not close to the same as in the lvl 40s. Warriors become out of play.

Got some screenshots as examples. I got to RSL 50 with 2 scouts and a bruiser with little issue. I would be hard pressed to do it with Warriors in the same fashion (If I could even get there).

Point being that IMO Warriors become overpowered in the 40s and are of little to no use. If their first charge hit was Critical it could help but as is they are benched later in challenges for me at least.
    > @xbamfx said:
    > Warriors are trash. Prove me Wrong.

I can post some lvl 28 videos of them rocking out if that works? Hehehe
    romeoBloodyChainsawJadenbigbeano
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 937
    Before Huntsman I would use michonne at 41-42 to reduce threat, that is not needed anymore with prowl bag so as @bladgier stated earlier the “New Meta” changes the game. Sure you can use warriors in the challenge but the point is they lack availability in the new meta which kind of sucks because they haven’t been show cased since I’ve played the game. We’ve seen sasha (hunter) bruisers (Morgan RGG Eugene) shooter (mags and Aaron) assaults (Abe) scouts (stabby twins) we have yet to see a new meta character break through and prove useful in end game encounters. I hope that does happen and hopefully some clever modifications to ranged toons as well. As of right now tho warriors are the bottom of the food chain. Shark bait who ha ha
    vshield50romeoBloodyChainsaw
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 734
    vshield50 said:

Ok I went to RSL 42 all assaults. Got the video too.

Need my PayPal info? 😁

Well well well, who is that you have in lead there? It wouldn't be the perfect platform for a Defensive Assault, would it? B)

BWils
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,234
    Has anyone seen the movie Ninja Assassin?

Can we get a warrior weapon that's like the chain blade he used in that movie.

That would be dope.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeoShadowWalkerxbamfx
    vshield50 said:

@Trishalove ,

Think where some pushback earlier was coming from is that Warriorrs at lvl 36 are not close to the same as in the lvl 40s. Warriors become out of play.

Got some screenshots as examples. I got to RSL 50 with 2 scouts and a bruiser with little issue. I would be hard pressed to do it with Warriors in the same fashion (If I could even get there).

Point being that IMO Warriors become overpowered in the 40s and are of little to no use. If their first charge hit was Critical it could help but as is they are benched later in challenges for me at least.

I don’t disagree with you.
    What got us to this point in this thread was that someone stated that they had to stop using Warriors in the low 30’s in a Challenge. To which I replied (paraphrasing here) that with enough pink stars and the right gear and badges that Warriors can go much further.
    At that point, several people thought I presumed to tell top players in this thread how to play. (???)
    Where in, I explained my first post and followed that with another post stating I stood by my Warrior comments (paraphrasing again for expediency) and that basically a level 26 Warrior equipped and badged correctly should be able to get to level 40.

From that (back on page 1) we now find ourselves here. 😂

vshield50
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,662
    edited August 14
    I think this thread has strayed somewhat :lol:

It's all subjective anyway, what one person might class as high level challenge, another player might consider as mid level. What another player might class as high level, another player might consider that impossible to reach in their wildest dreams.

Warriors are fun to use but I think we'll all agree on the whole are underpowered compared to the other classes and don't excel in certain areas that the scout or bruiser class does, no matter how well you badge and pink stars are irrelevant at that stage. Whilst it is completely possible to reach RSL40 using one, it is likely you will be getting 1*/2* on a map you could 2*/3* by using the other classes/prowl bag.
    BurmeliinisBWilsxbamfxtallinie
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 37
    @vshield50 thank you for answering my request.
    I've noticed that Michonne gained a lot of HP between first (posted before) and second screenshot (13407 vs 16039). Was changing an armor enough? Or maybe Jesus, or Rufus on leader position was involved?
    dalmer said:

> @Trishalove said:

> What got us to this point in this thread was that someone stated that they had to stop using Warriors in the low 30’s in a Challenge.

I'm sorry Mrs Trump, but it's not true.

No? Hmmm... I did say I was paraphrasing. Let’s see... Oh, okay. vshield50 (who I originally answered) said Warriors don’t get very far in Challenges.

So, yeah... My answer to that is how this started.

At this point it is not only ridiculous but it’s getting redundant. But, perhaps you and others would like to drag it out longer. I do enjoy being told what I, myself, someone none of you know, mean when I type my words. That’s been a real bonus.
    ADPaq
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 734
    "Where in, I explained my first post and followed that with another post stating I stood by my Warrior comments (paraphrasing again for expediency) and that basically a level 26 Warrior equipped and badged correctly should be able to get to level 40"

@trishalove - in your original post you said that level 26's should be able to play through level 40, not just play to level 40 and that is why I got excited and asked that you share these strats. Using a Warrior at level 38/39 would be tough for me (I never use them), but I can see how someone that is Warrior-centric could do it. If you could post some sick level 40 action from this challenge, I'd really appreciate it. I always really enjoyed seeing players like @tdiddy push Warriors to insane levels in the past and picked up a technique here and there.

Cheers!
    Jaden
  • The_GraveyardThe_Graveyard Member Posts: 69
    I feel so inadequate seeing all those gold damage reduction badges, I have a total of 0 gold ones.
    Is there some special class I missed on crafting perfect damage reduction badges?
    THCrossATLAS-Zbigbeano
    Jesus in lead against lvl 44 and 45 walkers and I got taken down. 1 hit from the 45 and it was over. Even with full DR and health bumps.

SlayerStyle was full damage and Crit badges. Was not even > @dalmer said:
    > @vshield50 thank you for answering my request.
    > I've noticed that Michonne gained a lot of HP between first (posted before) and second screenshot (13407 vs 16039). Was changing an armor enough? Or maybe Jesus, or Rufus on leader position was involved?

I rebadged by stealing from a bruiser and also Jesus was in the lead.

I was trial running them on scavenge missions and forgot to take him off Leader. My bad.
    Burmeliinis
    > @tabernac said:
    > Ok I went to RSL 42 all assaults. Got the video too.
    >
    >
    >
    > Need my PayPal info? 😁
    >
    > Well well well, who is that you have in lead there? It wouldn't be the perfect platform for a Defensive Assault, would it? B)

You caught me..... I was desperate....🤗
    THCrossJaden