Reroll Badge Bonuses

@Fluxxx since we can reroll traits now, how about rerolling badge bonuses? It takes so long to get really good legendary badges, but then for the bonus to require something like BD or Jerry is super disappointing...
PandreqJenngbladgierDanielBezCronusromeo

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,161
    Sure, take more of my money, NG... You haven't had enough... Here... Take it!
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    DanielBezCronusxbamfxromeotjhookrsuzequeue
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,874
    That's a great idea, I wonder if that would be possible.

I'd go even further, not only badge bonuses but badges themselves 😁
    DanielBezCronus
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 398
    Why not just have recipes be effective and conclusive instead? All this randomness would be best cut short.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    tabernacCronusKrieg
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 241
    I'd prefer moving as far from randomness as is possible. Once you've randomized a new toon, piece of gear, or badge:
    * You can use "Retrain Tokens" to specify which toon trait you want to change to which other trait.
    * You can use "Redesign Tokens" to do the same for a piece of gear's trait.
    * You can use "Rebadge Tokens" to do the same for a badges shape, position, effect, or rarity (% or fixed # unchangeable... because {reasons}).

Then, the number of Tokens for a given change would be calculated based on the relative utility of the difference between the old and new trait, effect, or rarity (shape and position I'd assume to be fixed cost).

"Relative utility" would have to account for:
    1. activation conditions versus always-on, passive bonuses [the latter are almost always better]
    2. conditionality of the effect (for instance, bullet dodge is crap because only human enemies can trigger it, and then only the half of them that are ranged)
    3. (possibly) offensive versus defensive [one of which would be 'cheaper' based on the meta that NG wants in higher level play]
    4. (possibly, for traits) whether the new trait is normally intended for a different class (e.g., putting Punish on a Scout).

Obviously, none of the above is trivial to add with the current user interface paradigm. There would be whole-new screens or tabs, to allow for such 'cooking and crafting' (so to speak). But in the long run, it would get rid of the sometimes-agonizing rerolls that offer worse options, praying for lucky calls when building up (or replacing) your stable of nerds, gambling on trade shop gear just to insta-scrap it, and so forth.

TL;DR: Make the game a point-build system, not an RNG system.
    CronusMudMoccasin
  • scoonersscooners Member Posts: 41
    @Troublemaker, no kidding - like we need another thing to spend money on. I have only rerolled traits three times, and that is because I waited patiently to have enough of the reroll tokens and character tokens to do so. Each time have been less than over joyed with the results. Not really complaining - it did not cost me a dime, but if it had I would have been quite bummed. I enjoy the game enough to keep playing, but not paying - there is enough other stuff to keep me interested - but paying for the chance to get what I want vs actually getting it just does not add up. There is a current bundle reroll token pack for $9.99 100 tokens, and 50 radio, looks inviting until your out 10 bucks and did not improve a thing.

Guess what I am saying, give me more of a sure thing and I will be at the front of the line. It's not like NG is letting me use 30% of the asking price or I get some back if I didn't achieve the goals the cash was intended for, visa vis if I don't keep the either of the two choices I get to recover some of my tokens, which I am not really paying for either - just using what gas and opportunity there is to earn some.

Oh well, that's my rant.....
    NerfZone187TroublemakerrogueDS
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 524
    > @scooners said:
    > @Troublemaker, no kidding - like we need another thing to spend money on. I have only rerolled traits three times, and that is because I waited patiently to have enough of the reroll tokens and character tokens to do so. Each time have been less than over joyed with the results. Not really complaining - it did not cost me a dime, but if it had I would have been quite bummed. I enjoy the game enough to keep playing, but not paying - there is enough other stuff to keep me interested - but paying for the chance to get what I want vs actually getting it just does not add up. There is a current bundle reroll token pack for $9.99 100 tokens, and 50 radio, looks inviting until your out 10 bucks and did not improve a thing.
    >
    > Guess what I am saying, give me more of a sure thing and I will be at the front of the line. It's not like NG is letting me use 30% of the asking price or I get some back if I didn't achieve the goals the cash was intended for, visa vis if I don't keep the either of the two choices I get to recover some of my tokens, which I am not really paying for either - just using what gas and opportunity there is to earn some.
    >
    > Oh well, that's my rant.....

That isn't a rant. You are 100% spot on.
    Troublemaker
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 524