Two walkers occupying same space at the same time.

At the end of the player turn:
- Bruiser Morgan is standing next to stunned walker.

Walker turn begins:
- Second walker moves ON TOP OF stunned walker and attacks Morgan.
- Morgan retaliates and hits / kills previously stunned walker.

It's annoying because it makes it difficult to set up blocks. Should this be happening? It seems like the server is calculating the moves incorrectly.
TeamDeadDanielBez

Comments

• vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited August 15
    Yeah that and what I call "the patient walker" who waits patiently until you kill the walker in front of you then he moves in to attack. Ugh....
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,552
    It’s because walkers technically move 1 at time but when there isn’t a sequence of events it just seems simultaneous. It’s why when you overwatch it’s likely your survivors will both attack one walker.
    vshield50jimmorrison369
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 89
    Firekid said:

It’s because walkers technically move 1 at time but when there isn’t a sequence of events it just seems simultaneous. It’s why when you overwatch it’s likely your survivors will both attack one walker.

But think about it.

The space isn't cleared until after the stunned walker is killed by a retaliate blow. The retaliate blow happened after the second walker attacked. But the attack should never have happened because the second walker should not have been able to get close enough to attack.

The second walker should never have been able to enter the already-occupied space to initiate the attack, which caused the retaliate, which killed the stunned walker that was already occupying the space.

See the paradox?

The mechanics are faulty.
    jimmorrison369RiotZappa
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,864
    It seems something else is going on?

When making a block wall they don't come through on my game, there must be something else already predestined to kill the walker from the block wall.

I'll keep my eyes open though, I don't recognize your paradoxal situation that would indeed be flawed.
    Yeah are you sure there wasn’t another walker which could hit him first causing a retaliate?
    It seems like the algorithm is:
    - Calculating and playing through all the walker options without taking into account occupied spaces.
    - Choosing the optimal walker move.
    - Then eliminating moves that can't be done because spaces are occupied.

I believe this has happened several times, but this is the first time I was watching closely enough to catch all the activity and labels.

But I also believe this is a very rare set of circumstances. The walkers have to be positioned perfectly and the retaliate hit has to be enough to kill the adjacent walker. 99.9% of the time blocks seem to work fine.
    jimmorrison369
    Firekid said:

Yeah are you sure there wasn’t another walker which could hit him first causing a retaliate?

Absolutely positive. I was watching this closely (for no particular reason). There was Morgan, a stunned walker next to him, and another walker a couple of spaces away from the stunned walker. No one else even close. No firearms in use either.

At the beginning of the walker turn, the second walker walked right on top of the stunned walker and hit Morgan. Morgan retaliated (I saw the word "Retaliate"), and the stunned walker was killed. The second walker was left in the spot. (I did not notice whether he also took damage from the retaliate.)

I am familiar with how walker actions happen sequentially; how each walker takes his turn one at a time and a walker can move in and occupy a spot that was emptied from previous actions in the same turn. This was very different.
    Ah only time I’ve ever seen what your describing is with a warrior where the walker will occupy the space whilst the warrior retaliates another walker.
  • DanielBezDanielBez Member Posts: 93
    It happened to me right now. Just one walker struggled with Mich and Rick at the same time. Just filming to believe...
  • DanielBezDanielBez Member Posts: 93
    Almost forgot: bruisers not retaliating too...