Limited time weapons and Collectionists

Hello, new to the game, and it got me hooked to it - with myself spending over 40$ worth of bundle purchases in just 2 days of gameplay.

It came to my attention that there are some time limited weapons such as flaming crossbows and such... is it true that these weapons can no longer be obtained? How do the collectionists out here cope with this?

I hope the above information is wrong, and that we newcoming collectionists can access all the content the game offers, because this is what makes a game so fun IMO: finding all cool weapons a game has to offer!!! B)

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,114
    I wish some special design weapons from the past would come back. Like the pumpkin carver off the top of my head. It just looked badass but it's sitting on their digital shelf somewhere.
    I would also "consider" paying for regular old legendary wepons if we got to pick the traits. That's getting off topic though.
    SPC_TORRESJenng
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,683
    @SilentResident welcome to the game and welcome to the forum

@WellyLuga , now with reinforcement tokens, the shelf life of weapons and armor has been extended

JenngbigbeanoUrbanjesus
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 97
    Most of the limited availability weapons aren't great anyway (zweihander is especially useless in my opinion)

Definitely stock up on Spears and staffs though because that will make bruisers and scouts far more intimidating.
  • reekookrreekookr Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 26

Most of the limited availability weapons aren't great anyway (zweihander is especially useless in my opinion)

Definitely stock up on Spears and staffs though because that will make bruisers and scouts far more intimidating.

Yeah, those items are required to win, hence pay to win game :(
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 521
    > @SilentResident said:
    > Hello, new to the game, and it got me hooked to it - with myself spending over 40$ worth of bundle purchases in just 2 days of gameplay.
    >
    > It came to my attention that there are some time limited weapons such as flaming crossbows and such... is it true that these weapons can no longer be obtained? How do the collectionists out here cope with this?
    >
    > I hope the above information is wrong, and that we newcoming collectionists can access all the content the game offers, because this is what makes a game so fun IMO: finding all cool weapons a game has to offer!!! B)

Focus on leveling up your camp buildings first. Then as you go upgrade a few survivors you can use daily. You don't really need to upgrade a bunch of survivors early on just play to level up and have fun. And like @WellyLuga said, there's no reason to purchase special weapons this early in the game. You would be better off buying 24hr gas boosters and grinding the scavenge missions to build up your camp levels.
    Jenng