LOADING.....LOADING.....LOADING

13»

Comments

• NommenNommen Member Posts: 15
    Same for me but 4 days now. Not a single Word from next about it
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    FYI this happens to me on iPhone 6s...this does NOT happen to my brother on his Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Tried to reinstall the game....but it will not even download from AppStore...
  • CanadougCanadoug Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2016
    Not all the 'loading' bugs are the same. Mine still happens after the maintenance update for anyone who is counting

So... be specific to help the developers. In my bug, further investigation shows

1) NO WORK AROUND FOR SOME DEVICES

In this case, the loading bug happens after winning a round, and just after you select the rewards.

The animated circling zombie hands screen appears, with the message "Loading", and then FREEZES... the animation stops completely.

Nothing can be done to get back in.

*Every time* you go to the app, it takes you back to the reward boxes.
    and then *freezes* again. No work around. Even reinstalling the app.

This happens for my ASUS Zenfone 2 cell phone, and an older ASUS Memopad tablet, both on Android 5.0.

FYI, the extra freeze feature (joke) could be that both these devices use the Intel Adam chip. (which means the app uses a special Adam compiled version (if the developers made one), or a fall back to an in-device microcode translator aka emulator that converts the binary from ARM to Adam. (loosely speaking). Kind of akin to how a Mac or PC can run old console games.

The code translation is done transparently, but it is there, and I have seen it cause speed bumps elsewhere, usually in Indie games with bad QA standards. So that could be it.

As well, another suspect, both these devices use the current Google Play Games app.

But, on the other hand...

2) YES THERE IS A WORK AROUND FOR SOME DEVICES

Digging out my old cracked screen Samsung Note 10.1 (the original one, 2010ish not the 2), which is running Android 4 Kitkat, *also* fails at that same loading screen.

However... the animation does not freeze, and *just* continues endlessly.

As well, if you force the app to close, (take it to the android home screen and close the app), when you reopen the app, it takes you to your camp.

And you can continue playing.

So for this device, while closing the app is awkward, but you can play another round. And I did not get kicked from my guild for not playing.

In this work around case, the device is using an ARM based chip (typical chip for an android), and also has the OLD Google Play Games app in it.

Needless to say, I will not update it till my other newer devices to work.

Also, btw, once I get into the camp using this Samsung device, then both my ASUS devices will work and show me starting in the camp. However, if I play a round, once I get to the reward screen and hit continue, I will once again get FROZEN out.

So there is is.

Canadoug

Meanwhile... have some fun. It is only a game. I have been enjoying the meme competition in the mean time. Call outs to a couple in particular:

@lance with the animated GIF showing the evolution of humans... into walkers!

and

@masmith93 in his Lord of the Rings take showing Gandalf advising "You shall not post... ...on this forum, take it to OT, BUGS & ISSUES"

Very clever folks.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    @Canadoug thanks, appreciate the shout out.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • scrappyscrappy Member Posts: 3
    Lots of crashes\ restarts! What's the deal?
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    @Canadoug

Thanks !
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    What is frustrating is that the automatic reload crashes often so it isn't actually makes me reload twice now.
    The automatic reload seems so buggy that I don't use it now. I stop it and restart. The last time I kept pressing the start mission afterwards and I saw it click but nothing would happen. Went back to camp and it crashed when I looked at equipment.
  • BusBus Member Posts: 48
    I have been trying to down load the "New" update for the past WEEK and still it will not download on my Samsung Android. Every other app and game updates fine with no problem. The last update from the team from the TWD game pushed out down loaded fine. There was one before that which didn't end well. SO now we wait for software to do something.
    Bus
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Your troubles aren't being ignored guys! We're trying to figure out a way to implement a fix for this.
    It definatley has todo with the accounts. I reinstalled the app yesterday. Than game started. When i connected to my gamecenter account. The game reloaded and got stuck on the loading screen again
    I can log in again!! Thank tou Sebastian at the support!
  • KasiriKasiri Member Posts: 10
    Is anything lost when I reinstall the game?
  • Mweoth09Mweoth09 Member Posts: 3
    Same problem here guys for almost 4 days ... Guys @TK-421 says we need to send a new ticket from "contact us " with a #stuckonloading..
    Yeah the automatic reload crashes often. I think I may have to take a break. I had some problems before the outposts but could live with them. After outposts things were good for me since I don't play outposts and trade goods are better rewards. However, after the update to fix outposts my game has become very problematic even though I don't do it. Doing the guild challenges is supper hard if you have to reload after each mission. It takes loads of time...heavy sigh...
  • AnduAndu Member Posts: 65
    the automatic reload crash the challenge system .. you often do challenges but the stars are not counting but fuel is lost .
    @Andu better to just manual reload and stop the automatic reload. It is worse.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    FYI my problem has been fixed...now when I complete a mission (challenge, exploration, etc.) it goes back to the normal screen instead of reconnecting/reloading the game...just a heads-up
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • CanadougCanadoug Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2016
    Loading Bug Update for the developers. You are half way there!
    @Teeceezy

My 5 year old old device now works with no loading bug.

FYI it is an old Samsung Note 10.1 2010 edition, Kitkat Android, ARM processor, old version of Google Play Games app.

My new device (less than 1 year old) still locks up on the loading screen.

E.G., After the round finishes and you pick the rewards, the word loading / screen appears, but the red zombie hand animation *freezes* after 2 or 3 seconds.
    Reboot, reload, restart, etc, not helping. End up at the same screen, so once it crashes, each visit to the walking Dead app ends up at the same rewards screen, and then freezes at loading.
    Until I use my other device. Then I can play a single round. And it crashes after the reward boxes in the loading screen.

FYI, the device with the non-working app is an ASUS Zenfone 2.
    Model ZE551ML (don't you just hate how ASUS names their devices?)
    4 GiG RAM, 64 GiG device memory, 32 GiG MicoSD card.
    More than 50% free memory.
    No other apps running.
    All patched up to current firmware and programs for the device.
    Android 5.05 (Feb. 2nd build)
    Intel Atom Quad Core Z3580 (2.3GHz), PowerVR G6430.
    Current version of Google Play App.
    Was linked up to the Google account, but now Facebook.

Hope that helps.
    @Teeceezy fired the game up today and it was loading properly after missions. Thanks :smile:
  • NewModelNo15NewModelNo15 Member Posts: 14
    for me the problem hasn't changed a lot... after different changes in behavior its now like that:
    mission finished -> crates opened -> loading screen like starting the game -> not able to start any mission of the same episode (i can choose the survivors but not actually start the mission)

the only fix: restarting the game after almost every mission
  • matcapmatcap Member Posts: 34

for me the problem hasn't changed a lot... after different changes in behavior its now like that:
    mission finished -> crates opened -> loading screen like starting the game -> not able to start any mission of the same episode (i can choose the survivors but not actually start the mission)

the only fix: restarting the game after almost every mission

Same thing here @Teeceezy any news?
  • AnduAndu Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2016
    Seems this bug was fixed with the new maintenance . If everyone can confirm this you can mark it as Solved thread , but i'm quite sure was fixed for everyone who experienced this problem
    SgtSalamieetu
  • NewModelNo15NewModelNo15 Member Posts: 14
    yay!! fixed for me... :)))
    SgtSalamieetu
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,488
    Good to hear that it's working now but keep us posted if it's not working.