Game Muted - Ads Not GGGGrrrrrr!!

I play on an iPhone X.

I have the game sounds on mute, but when I try to sneak in a cinema ad for rewards at work it always plays at full volume.

Anyone know how I can mute the bloody ads without muting my phone entirely?

flyingcowkingJenng

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,314
    I got an iPhone too and don't know how to "target mute" the game ads. With the game running, I just reduce the volume to the point it is muted and that takes care of the ads. When I need the volume back for something else, I just bump it back up. That works for me, but I sometimes forget and get the ads blasted at me. I just try and remember to reduce the volume before going into a meeting with the CEO. :D
    bigbeanoflyingcowkingJenng
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Just don't play at work. :#

For me, I have a radio stream running pretty much all the time, and that gets overruled when playing an ad, VERY annoying. Especially when wearing headphones at considerable volume.

I think it's because both radio stream and ads use the media audio. While the app sound has its own channel on the device. Thus app audio can run simultaneously with audio streams, and switching in-game sound off effectively solves that.

If ads were to use the app audio stream instead of media audio, that might solve it. If that is possible at all.

I just don't play ads because of this most of the time.

@Fluxxx
    GovernatorJenngJaden
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,058
    Yeah the volume of ads isn't something that we control, so you'll have to mute your sound if you want to mute the ad audio (most, if not all ads also have that mute button so if you're quick enough..)
    JenngKrieg
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 654
    > @Krieg said:
    > I play on an iPhone X.
    >
    > I have the game sounds on mute, but when I try to sneak in a cinema ad for rewards at work it always plays at full volume.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can mute the bloody ads without muting my phone entirely?

You do not have to view the ad to get the rewards.