The Governor Sucks Donkey (rhymes with "licks")

@Fluxxx The Governor is completely useless (no not you @Governator mate) in the game. Can something be done with his leader trait such as increasing equipment drop rate or buffing his stats so he's useful despite his crappy LT?

Useless.....

Member LegionOfDoom
GovernatorflyingcowkingJenngDeathwish19

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    Maybe even expand it to GW when that comes back. In a similar way to the star hero.

I agree though, his LT is really nice for running through scavvy missions.
    MrLuckyShadowWalker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,821
    Yep, gov is my best badges assault. Perfect for scavenging. I agree his leader trait should give a better chance of silver and gold crates too though.
    SPC_TORRESTransmuteJunATLAS-Z
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,198
    Agreed with all of the thoughts above: He is not useless, I run him in scavenge and easy challenge missions, and his LT could be improved a bit.

I'd personally love if it worked when he was in a non-leader slot on your team. Seems like a really simple tweak that would make him usable for a bit longer (or allow one to stack him with Glenn or Maggie).
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    SPC_TORRESTripod
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    For the heroes to truly stand above normal survivors, they should have 5 traits PLUS the leader trait. Then they would always be at least as functional as a normal survivor in the same class.
    Overgrowdaworld
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    > @Grendel said:
    > For the heroes to truly stand above normal survivors, they should have 5 traits PLUS the leader trait. Then they would always be at least as functional as a normal survivor in the same class.

What game are you playing? Heroes have been dominating the game for ages!
    JayZbigbeanoBurmeliinisATLAS-Z
    WellyLuga said:

> @Grendel said:

> For the heroes to truly stand above normal survivors, they should have 5 traits PLUS the leader trait. Then they would always be at least as functional as a normal survivor in the same class.

What game are you playing? Heroes have been dominating the game for ages!

You missed the point.

The point is that heroes should have what the other survivors have PLUS something extra. They should have 5 normal traits like normal survivors, and then the leader trait as a bonus.
    Deathwish19Overgrowdaworld
    NG should add a blank 6th trait slot to all heroes; we fill the slot using reroll tokens.
    Are you trying to kill of regular survivors completely @Grendel?
    TCBRITO
    edited August 23
    Firekid said:

Are you trying to kill of regular survivors completely @Grendel?

I'm not taking anything away from regular survivors. I'm adding to heroes. There is a big difference.

But, honestly, I just want to improve my teams. I don't care if adding the extra normal trait slots to heroes causes regular survivors to be used less often.

If the virtual bits of data that make up regular survivors develop virtual inferiority complexes from being used less, they can visit virtual life coaches to help them find a new path. Maybe they can find new work as red-shirts in that Star Trek game I see in the cinema all the time.
    bigbeanoOvergrowdaworld
    @Grendel why not just ask for hero’s to be given 50% more damage and base 50%Dr too as that will make your hero’s better too?
    bigbeanoATLAS-Z
    Firekid said:

@Grendel why not just ask for hero’s to be given 50% more damage and base 50%Dr too as that will make your hero’s better too?

Why be ridiculous? Or you could extend the ridiculousness to all heroes get one-hit kills and get 99% DR. Does that make your argument even better?

I see asking for the 5th trait as more of a correction than a simple boost. The leader trait should always have been a bonus trait; not something that takes away from the survivor. Adding a trait also seems much more tactically interesting than simply damage more / take less damage.

In some cases, I see the leader trait as a handicap. I would rather re-roll the leader trait on multiple heroes for normal traits. Negan is a good example. I'll bet most players would love the option to have a standard bruiser trait instead of his leader trait.
    Overgrowdaworld
    It’s funny you should use Negan as your example when calling my idea of extra damage and DR over the top when that’s exactly what Negans trait gives you (when in the red yes I know). What I’m saying is that hero’s are overpowered compared to normal survivors as it is, why do you feel the need to make them more so? They already act like they have an extra star, have higher base stats and an extra boost that normal survivors will never have. All that adding an extra trait on a hero will do is make the gap between survivors and hero’s larger. As every player will get this bonus then it will just mean that people can go a few rounds further each. Or worse yet need more tokens to level up the hero’s leader trait which is the one big boost we get with hero’s. Out of all the issues with the game at the moment making heros even stronger is completely the wrong way to go.
    In my opinion.
    Oh and please don’t take this as an attack on you personally, just not a fan of the idea.
    TCBRITOBurmeliinis
    I understand what you mean, and I don't take any of this personally. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious.

It just bugs me when I want to get a good set of traits for a hero and I feel hampered by a leader trait that I rarely see any benefit to and/or doesn't make sense. (A boost for Rosita - an assault - when she targets a single enemy? So you get a damage boost if you accept a handicap to her class benefit? That's another one I would love to reroll.)

Maybe a better idea is to let us reroll leader traits and replace them with normal traits.
    Yeah there are some hero traits which make little sense or are practically worthless but most of them can be useful in certain situations (mainly on the distance). .
    Such as Rosita in lead with two shooters/scouts is a great way to make the most of her leader trait. One of the highest damage increases of all the traits.
    What they’ve done previously boosted some of them to make them better. Maybe they will do this again I know gabes leader needs a boost will be posting about that separately though.
    You weren’t obnoxious and good to have serious discussion about this sort of thing.
    scooners
  • scoonersscooners Member Posts: 55
    @Firekid, good god! I'm an idiot - never even thought of that combo - Rosita and two shooters. Thank you! <3
    Firekid
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    On a non spawn wave map, that could do well. Standard, I wouldn't run the risk.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    @scooners hope you can make it work for you. Can get some pretty big hits with Aaron that way.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    edited August 26
    Also great on those Distance end maps where you need to take out those heavy tanks. Rosita in charge will give a nice boost to your scouts' charge attacks. And by giving her a flame weapon you can also set those bastards on fire at the same time, guaranteed.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,709
    I agree with almost everything here except leaders getting an extra trait.

Nooooo. Several snarky sarcastic smartass reasons lept into mind...

But I'll just reiterate... Noooooooooooo.

Thank you.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 239
    Grendel said:

NG should add a blank 6th trait slot to all heroes; we fill the slot using reroll tokens.

this should be the opposite if it ever became reality so we would use our normal squad more I only take my high level bruiser out after 1500 stars then it’s all heroes
    If it were the opposite we would have more variety chasing higher star levels

Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns