shotgun

i want a shotgun as a special weapon or reward somehow someway. hunter seems the natural choice, but could be assault or even shooter i guess. more damage that a pistol, maybe only a range of 2 spaces, maybe a spread that could hit 2 walkers? big damage being the key. maybe handicap it w/o piercing so its only has specific relevance? anyway i love the out of the norm weapons like light machine gun, winter bow, chainsaw even. i think it could look badass and add an interesting strategic use, and more income for the game.
MrLucky

Comments

• MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 319
    edited August 20
    This would be cool as an add-on to a shooter weapon, when the normal weapon was charged you could pull out the shotgun with wide spread shot (like assault), heavy damage up close, less further back. I've been thinking double weapons would be the next logical direction for all classes. Would take some work ... huh @Fluxxx ?
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 196
    Doesn't make sense to me to be honest. Asking for a wide area effect on your shooter or hunter is exactly what an assault does already.
    EL34xyz
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 342
    A shotgun with a grenade launcher
    GovernatorLufcSmithCronus
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 101
    Shotgun charge attack could knock walkers backwards 2 spaces.
    jimmorrison369imacharlieMrLuckyBurmeliinis
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 206
    > @LoneWanderer360 said:
    > Doesn't make sense to me to be honest. Asking for a wide area effect on your shooter or hunter is exactly what an assault does already.

Big difference. Assault tank and stun. Shooters abs hunters are for damage.
    DoomSquad Family

imacharlieMrLucky
  • imacharlieimacharlie Member Posts: 107
    "Shotgun charge attack could knock walkers backwards 2 spaces."- i like this better than my idea.
    MrLuckySg_DeathBWils
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 241
    There already are shotguns: gold caliber hunter weapons. I think the... uh, Farmhand or something... even has shotgun art.

That said, a special hunter weapon with gold caliber and special functionality of knockback would be awesome! Two squares might be a bit much, though: that's basically kiting without moving (assuming orthogonal angles not diagonal). Nice if jammed against a map border, I suppose.

If you're thinking about a sawed off shotgun, then it's basically an assault weapon with different animation and sound effect.

Hmm... "Give Em Both Barrels" as a charge attack for massive damage (or double stun), but then requires a reload like a rocket launcher...?

I mean, I can see there being some fun, special-functionality reasons for shotgun.
    But they ARE in the game already, as 'flavor'.
    MrLuckyimacharlieBWils
    i like your gold caliber/knockback option, im sure the knockback would be a %thing, no guarantee. also like the massive damage/long reload for the special idea. we really could use some flavor for the hunters. artwork alone counts for nothing imo, the new functionality adding to our strategy would be fun.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,536
    Can it come with a Silencer option? :D
    Burmeliinisbigbeano
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 196
    The knockback would be cool. Or instakill on special walkers for a charge attack.
    MrLuckyimacharlie
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 319
    Knockback would be very interesting, like assault stun but instead pushing fatties, spikes, and chromies back so we can chip away at them!
    I dig it! ;)
    @Fluxxx ?
    imacharlieArtminius
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 241
    MrLucky said:

Knockback would be very interesting, like assault stun but instead pushing fatties, spikes, and chromies back so we can chip away at them!

I didn't even *think* of that as a benefit!
    Yeah, definitely a good Special Functionality weapon for assault and/or hunter (wide + short versus long + narrower). Crazy when combined! Like hosing them back across the map! :)

MrLuckyimacharlie
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,863
    There is already a shotgun you can get in the store.
    The farm hand or something like that.

I would not have any use for a shotgun unless it shot high powered slugs like a rifle and did way more damage than a rifle.
    And that would be a rifle that is charged :)

And it probably would not be able to compete or beat my incendiary rifles, that do fire damage every turn.

yeah the current for sale shotgun is nothing but a rifle.
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 258
    This bad boy needs to make a return to the bundle shop preferably in a Shane bundle.... Plus it looks good with a non hero character wearing Andrea's outfit!!!!!!!

imacharlie
    The Incendiary Trait on a shotgun could give this effect:
    imacharlie
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,273
    Make it a bruiser weapon, three targets in a line, normal stun chance, charger attack has a small spread @Fluxxx
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> Zombrex2[email protected]
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,273
    Nevermind, threat would make it useless, disregard
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Fluxxx said:

We've discussed something along the lines of this, so definitely considering to have it at some point. Let's see :)

lol @Fluxxx ! i feel like half a mind reader now. CANNOT wait to use this thing.
    Fluxxx said:

The push-back machenic is something we have discussed before. I can't say when or if it will be introduced yet though 😬

push back/step back....either way love this idea. should add strategy and of course bring our ranged survivors back to prominence.
    Please make The Trusty Farmhand and Shane's Mossberg 590 (erroneously listed in bundle shop many moons ago as "Dale's Rifle") function like this. I'm tired of seeing it have the efficiency of a rifle (similar to slug rounds or full choke) when it should be a short-range heavy damage weapon with wide affected area...
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,536
    Can we put a bayonet on it and have Scouts use it? :lol: