Glenn's LT killing fair play

Players who pay should have little advantage then f2p, of course, i get that. Myself, i pay too, probably much less then some top players but i regularly buy gas booster, some gear i like, etc. But i never liked to pay a lot gold per challenge to fast forward healing times.
I look to expand my roster, have many useful survivors which i can rotate and save gold. If some players want to play only with 3-4 heroes and heal them all the time, i say ok, their choice. But with bruiser Glenn introduced in game we have another type of game players here - flee to win guys.
Here is how it works, you enter mission with Glenn in lead, he don't charge your team, or spawn is bad, you immediately flee, pay 25 gold, go back, all charged now and you massacre all the zombies. Bravo - you are master of this game :neutral:

It's cheap, not fair, luck based "style" of play that let people with not so much skill climb leaderboard. I just wonder do you realise how far this can go?
Challenge scoring system should involve fleeing. Player who pass level 43 from 1st try is better then someone who repeated that map 50 times.

Some kind of solution is needed...
TroublemakerromeoaquilaTCBRITORenopwnsADPaq

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,695
    If they achieve fair play and go bankrupt for it, then we all lose.

I want fair play too, but I gave up lol
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    TroublemakerromeobigbeanoRenopwns
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    Unfortunately, Glenn's leader trait, when used like @Karajoca described, is destroying the difference between the skilled veteran players and decent players who spend much. That happens in many challenges.
    Not something effecting me much, but it is sad to see some legends trying so hard to stay on top.
    Of course it is a huge income for NG and we can't expect it to be stopped.
    Maybe a fleeing penalty for star counts can be applied as suggested above. That would save everyone's playing style, NG's income and players' efforts.
    KarajocaromeoTCBRITO
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 732
    Maybe have a cool down timer if you flee.
    KarajocaRenopwnsCaz666
    I forget how the saying goes...?

If you can't please all of the people, all of the time, at least please most of the people, most of the time?

Some shit like that.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    romeoDeathwish19Renopwns
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 982
    edited September 11
    In my opinion Glenn leader trait sucks, idk what you guys are talking about at RSL 41-42+I’ll hardly ever use him in lead unless it’s 3 bruiser set which can’t kill shit at that level. His LT this week is even more Void. It helps you on first turn and that’s it, most maps at 46 ie open this gate are like 6 turns or more. At that point his LT is about as useless as a fishing pole with no hook.

Edit: changed rsl46+ to 41-42 I hardly play to 46 unless it’s NW 🤣.
    ShadowWalkerromeoDbl_Edge_DEPanthony172
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 481
    Does it happen yes it does, does it really screw up the leaderboard that much? I do not know so with charged bruisers this week we will see what affect a level playing field has. My guess is nothing will change, the top players will be the top players.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

tabernacATLAS-Zxbamfx
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 149
    > @Karajoca said:
    > Players who pay should have little advantage then f2p, of course, i get that. Myself, i pay too, probably much less then some top players but i regularly buy gas booster, some gear i like, etc. But i never liked to pay a lot gold per challenge to fast forward healing times.
    > I look to expand my roster, have many useful survivors which i can rotate and save gold. If some players want to play only with 3-4 heroes and heal them all the time, i say ok, their choice. But with bruiser Glenn introduced in game we have another type of game players here - flee to win guys.
    > Here is how it works, you enter mission with Glenn in lead, he don't charge your team, or spawn is bad, you immediately flee, pay 25 gold, go back, all charged now and you massacre all the zombies. Bravo - you are master of this game :neutral:
    >
    > It's cheap, not fair, luck based "style" of play that let people with not so much skill climb leaderboard. I just wonder do you realise how far this can go?
    > Challenge scoring system should involve fleeing. Player who pass level 43 from 1st try is better then someone who repeated that map 50 times.
    >
    > Some kind of solution is needed...

Glad that some one talk about that, but why no one say that about NW? so who have more gold thats team win! NW not NW its just CreditcardWars thats how it should be called!
    And team should be called:
    USA debit card team
    GERMAN debit card team
    RUSSIA debit card team
    And others....
    There should be some gold spend limit per challange! If we want to see best Nation there should be some fair resource for each team, and only strategy and right hands will show who the best!
    aquilaTCBRITOxiaofei66
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,792
    I agree that Glenn's LT creates a little more imbalance when it comes to those who spend gold on heals and those who don't but like many said before me, I don't think it is putting players as far ahead as you expect. As @xbamfx says, a good starting charge is only really helpful on a handful of maps like pyre, fish in a barrel, museum and a few others where you're under the kosh from the start and often finish the map within a half dozen turns. For the most part his trait is pure garbage and I'd rather have Rick/Sasha/Morgan/Eugene/Daryl in lead for a trait that works an entire mission.

There will always be a gap between those who spend the gold and those who don't. Even players who have the best badges and gear then buy a booster will hit a wall where it becomes a 2 hour gap between maps and progress stalls until you run out of time. Players who can heal to their hearts content will likely always beat them. It isn't limited to Glenn and it's unlikely they will overhaul the entire healing system as it is probably their biggest earner.
    ShadowWalkerDbl_Edge_DEPRenopwnsxbamfx
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Hmmm, I have watched countless vids of level 40-50 and rarely if ever see RGG in lead! 🤷‍♀️ So I’m not sure where these “top” players are that do this! Lol
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    Dbl_Edge_DEPBWilsRenopwnsxbamfxPigBenisanthony172romeoDrhoo
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,196
    Agreed with @xbamfx @Firekid and @WellyLuga! I can usually crack the top 50 on most weeks without spending any gold to flee and retry maps. I don't think I'll ever be top 10, but that is more of a personal time management issue than a resources issue.

I only spend ~250 gold per week on speeding up some healing when my hospital is full, and most of that gold I collect in post-mission crates, cinema, quests, etc.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    ATLAS-Zxbamfxromeo
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 343
    I've heard of people with bottomless gold piles doing this with RGG but it's their money. I'd like to see a challenge event with zero healing times. You can replay and replay. Even at +15 RSL you can still 1* maps if given enough trys. At the end it is hospital time that stops most people not impossibility.
    ATLAS-ZRenopwnsKriegromeo
    > @boosh said:
    > @ATLAS-Z I'm not married.. may be a coincidence. :D

Haha maybe ;-)
    booshxbamfxbigbeanoromeo
    Plenty people know my level of play and if I want to be in top 10 global I have to play hard, jump out of the gate like many other top global players. I have to rush to rsl 40 and then play a few rounds in spurts to try and maximize my play for the week. I will need gold too, even most skilled players need it to rush healing as @WellyLuga pointed out you cannot wait around 2 hours and think you will keep pace with a person who has 10k gold. It’s a matter of maximizing your play but also technique as well. There is no such thing as fair play when it comes to money. We also have to take into account those who use exploit as well, which has been proven in the past so I’ll leave that for a separate conversation.
    MystiqueCronusromeo
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 68
    I like to post this kind of touchy subjects :) I think we have a good conversation here, and everyone have some fair points.
    I do agree that players who pay more of course should have some advantage and its hard to compete with them.
    My point is, that even that buying advantage should be limited, its not normal to have to pay 10k+ gold per challenge. We moan about big grind but limited gold spending on healing times would actually end grind.
    Every new council update will create even bigger difference in scores.

And why NG should bother about this? Players who are currently paying 10k+ gold per challenge, will still find a way to spend on something(more tokens, phones, re-rolls) while some may also start buying gold if its limited and more affordable.
    Me, for example would look to spend 2k per challenge if i know others won't spend more.

Buying advantages to help you play better is one thing, but buying something that directly help you in most important game mode, and give you unlimited tries over and over again while others wait for healing is totally not ok.

That's my point of view here. Thanks for listening :)
    WellyLugajimmydawiseTCBRITOxbamfx
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 281
    edited September 12
    Honestly, I don't know why we are even having this conversation. Don't like the fact that Johnny has better toys? Johnny worked to earn the money used to buy those toys and gave up the chance to spend it elsewhere. All are free to earn more money or to forego other wants and shift their spending. For the record, I dont spend that much on the game.

Edited for grammar.
    KratosromeoBWils
    edited September 12
    I agree with you 200% but... You have to see both sides.

If you use a Driving Car Race as an analogy...

In a race, some drivers have better cars, better equipment etc, but, if it's a Formula-1 race, then everyone at LEAST has a Formula-1 race car... right?

The Leaderboards of this game are akin to if that race had no rules on what type of car you used, as long as you bought it yourself. So you end up with guys in Formula-1 cars racing against guys in an old Buick LeSabre.

Then proud as peacocks that they dominated a competition that they know was stacked bought and paid for but they don't care because they're the ones buying and paying for it.

for the middle guy like me not to get seriously irritated every single day and just quit only way out is just not really pay much attention to the leaderboards.

It's not a Fair competition it's never going to be a Fair competition and you just have to be okay with that or move on.

Cheers

Edit - I do reserve the right to come in and complain every now and then about the unfairness, a guy has to vent every now and then right? ;-)
    romeoKarajocaboosh
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    Thank God Glenn LT is useless in this challenge right
    xbamfx
  • johnacudajohnacuda Member Posts: 96
    ATLAS-Z said:

> @boosh said:

> @ATLAS-Z I'm not married.. may be a coincidence. :D

Haha maybe ;-)

With a great name like boosh, you are lucky not to be married to Old Gregg . Who wants some Bailey's?
    ATLAS-Zboosh
    @ATLAS-Z imagine playing an event and using almost 5k gold, 36 hours of gameplay, and even more hours trying to figure out how someone beat your score by 400-500 stars even though you have max everything only to find out 20+ ppl on that board we’re a HOAX. How is that for fairness LoL
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 281
    I've been over 2k only once and I'm ok with that because I play to enjoy it. If the Nobel committee decides to grant us a category I might consider getting more serious. Til then I'm gonna just keep killing electronic zombies and not worry what other people are doing. BTW, those other people keep the game alive and all they get for it is their game name on the leaderboard in a game played by the tiniest percentage of the world.
    xbamfxShadowWalkerMarcus6253