Guild Wars - What's happening

FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 411
Hey guys,

As you know, over the past few months we have been looking into fixing Guild Wars. This included more than just debugging and looking at minor improvements, but also exploring design changes in the mode that would improve player experience, make the mode more accessible, and reduce the server load on our side. Among other things, we looked to address the problem of being bound to the game for 50 minutes straight (and on weekends) and getting a great advantage on iOS vs Android, as well as high-end vs low-end devices.

With that said, unfortunately GW will not be coming back for the 3.4 update.
We've discussed and decided on the design and format of the mode, and as I mentioned in a couple of threads previously (here and here), for GW we require significant time and help from people outside of our team (people who have their own work, schedules, holidays). Due to this, the implementation part will take too long for it to be available for the next update.

It's true that GW was a priority for this update, but we also prioritized the upcoming Season 10, alleviating the grind, and more. For the winter update, this will be our top priority. I know many of you won't be happy with this news, but the upcoming update will have a lot of cool features and many improvements to the game that have been asked for.
bladgierWellyLugaTroublemakermirPicATLAS-ZTCBRITOGovernatorCarlyCronusJayZxbamfxHuttSlayer23BWilsJenngMrLuckyJadenTeenahGeeArtminiusSPC_TORRESanthony172ALF4realsJTannerR20THCrossOvergrowdaworldKriegtjhookrBloodundertales77PiccoloCalamity

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,250
    Awesome!
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    PicTCBRITOxbamfx
  • PicPic Member Posts: 852
    Any news is great news. Ty
    TCBRITOxbamfxBWilsTeherror
  • mirmir Member Posts: 118
    Very sad news. I hope in the new I love will be something to captivate the bulk of the soldiers, who started to get bored. Please us for more different announcements, it is a little bit causes an additional iteres. Thanks @Fluxxx
    xbamfxJenngmaku11R20
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,851
    Thanks for the update man. And with @Firekid hit me up for any beta, I will if I'm free.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    xbamfxJaden
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,022
    Thanks for the info @Fluxxx. I really miss Guild Wars but I respect the fact you guys are trying to improve it and make it more fun for all parties. Please allow some players who did well in previous Guild War seasons be allowed to test this new one coming and give honest, clean feedback. I would be happy to be one of those people if possible. Excited to see what the future holds for that game mode. Thanks!
    Renopwns
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,022
    @Burmeliinis yeah it is a bummer, I really liked Guild Wars a lot but maybe it will be well worth the wait.
  • mirmir Member Posts: 118
    the entire Guild is ready to conduct the test. let them know we're ready!! @Fluxxx
    Jenng
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,856
    Wait.. but if not GW in the update and not Council upgrade in the update...what kind of update it will be?
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    UrbanjesusJenngbigbeanoDrUnpleasant
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 521
    Better fixed than come back too soon and still broken! Looking forward to the improvements in the soon to be released update.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

TCBRITORenopwns
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,860
    @capibara my guess would be a quality of life/balance update.
    capibarabigbeanoGovernator
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 271
    Excellent news. GW as it was before, no need in the game. Give us a new GW mode, completely different from the old one.
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    tabernacTroublemakerKing_RedeemerJTannerRenopwns
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,250

Ummm. Guess I’ll have to be patient for quite awhile longer.......... Great :|
    bigbeanomirJadenPigBenisSPC_TORRESGovernator
  • clentclent Member Posts: 14
    Screw the iOS experience, that's an insult to us Android users...Apple charges for everything and is a rip off. Come on Creators....make the game better for all of us. This game costs enough without having to submit to Apple. APPLE Users. Please excuse my frustration...iOS is a nice product. I get the free experience with Android and it makes me happy. I am not attacking anybody. Just expressing my disgust with Apple Corp....tired of being stiffed for every dime. I still love TWD NML...thank you for letting me vent... BigC
    R20danny_sulcaRenopwns
  • BlackNGoldBlackNGold Member Posts: 3
    While Guild Wars was one of my favorite game modes, I'm content with fixes and as a software engineer I applaud doing the hard thing to get the feature fixed correctly.
    xbamfxcapibaraTeenahGee
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    clent said:

Screw the iOS experience, that's an insult to us Android users...Apple charges for everything and is a rip off. Come on Creators....make the game better for all of us. This game costs enough without having to submit to Apple. APPLE Users. Please excuse my frustration...iOS is a nice product. I get the free experience with Android and it makes me happy. I am not attacking anybody. Just expressing my disgust with Apple Corp....tired of being stiffed for every dime. I still love TWD NML...thank you for letting me vent... BigC

Errr, its Android users who were getting stiffed - the change is to benefit Android, not iOS.

For reference, I could score 850+ on iOS in a Guild War but 600 was my cap on Android. Broadly speaking, load times are waaaaay more optimised for iOS (even outside GW) so I'm assuming it would require a huge amount of work to recode the processes for Android.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm charged £9.99 for a bundle on my iPhone and £8.99 for the same bundle on my Samsung.
    SPC_TORRESR20
  • R20R20 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 25
    ...Screw the iOS experience, that's an insult to us Android users...Apple charges for everything and is a rip off. Come on Creators....make the game better for all of us. This game costs enough without having to submit to Apple. APPLE Users. Please excuse my frustration...iOS is a nice product. I get the free experience with Android and it makes me happy. I am not attacking anybody. Just expressing my disgust with Apple Corp....tired of being stiffed for every dime. I still love TWD NML...thank you for letting me vent... BigC
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,078
    Back to the retirement board. No Guild Wars yet again. Someone find me when they come back.
    bigbeanoxbamfx
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 461
    @Fluxxx @Vane
    Thank you and NG for listening
    I do hope when GW comes to life again to be better than anyone could've imagined
    posthuman
    bigbeanoTCBRITOATLAS-ZJaden
  • TheWizEdTheWizEd Member Posts: 57
    I think the thing that GW can be most noted for is bring guild members closer together. Before GW chat was almost unnecessary. Except for star challenge what was there to talk about. Since the introduction of GW we can't shut up. During GW we would be coordinating attack times and patting each other on the back for good play. Since the interuption we have continued to talk and stratgize game play as well as chummy stuff. What's going on in your life, surviving the storms, politics although sometimes warning about what's been said. So I hope GW comes back soon and not too drastically different from what it was. I'm running out of pictures for my slide projector on past vacations to show to my mates :)
    BigGunner
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,078
    edited September 15
    Bring GW back the way it was first used and allow my idea of opening up guilds to play and any member joining and playing on any team they want. Such as I attempted with Team Guild War. You messed up the game by trying to stop it. Just let it be and let us players have fun. Let players join guild that have unlocked tiers and use tokens to buy the advanced rewards. I’m quitting the game after this challenge until GW is brought back. You offer players like me nothing to waste my time and money on. Took over 3 years to bring Chapter 15 which sucked majorly over all and was no challenge at all the top level players and now no guild wars yet again.

Allow us to reset the story missions from nightmare mode to extreme nightmare mode and start us at level 40 and take it to 50 to give us something to do. I’ll pay a gold fee for that. Revamp the missions to include all the new walkers and you got something better than the Distance. At least make the Distance harder too. It like a walk in the park And don’t stop us [email protected]$$ of the game. Someone call me when it’s fun again. Peace, Thee DoomSlayer is out.
    bigbeanoR20hiboy111
  • Mad_MikeMad_Mike Member Posts: 24
    What I did to keep interested is start a brand new player on a different Google account. Am using level 13 survivors as a level 31 player. Makes it interesting. If GW comes back, I'll go log in again with my top tier player and rejoin my old guild
    R20
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 133
    Having to make a new account to stave off boredom is NOT a good sign for the life of the game....this coming from someone who has played for almost 3 years now.
    ZetteMFJigsawMad_Mike
  • Mad_MikeMad_Mike Member Posts: 24
    I agree as I've been playing for almost that long, too. Saying that, it IS fun to start all over again
    Renopwns