Scouts with DR and damage?

On the fence about putting all scouts with DR and damage. Any input greatly accepted.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Member Posts: 218
    Depends on play style. If you have ruthless as a trait you'll usually want those scouts with damage & crit badges. You can deal massive damage with those and a gold ruthless armour.
    Member LegionOfDoom
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 177
    Thanks @Krieg I did great crafting. 18 badges not one critical chance
    pirate1125
    rogueDS said:

Thanks @Krieg I did great crafting. 18 badges not one critical chance

You don't want critical chance, which I view is worthless. You want critical damage badges.

Getting no critical chance badges is usually viewed as GOOD luck lol.
    Member LegionOfDoom
    rogueDS
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 246
    I have Huntsman Daryl with 3 DR badges and silver IS armor which gives him 80% damage reduction. This means he can take a couple of hits before getting into struggle even on pretty high levels (around zombie lvl 36 or so). But after this it doesn't work so well anymore, and his limited amount of damage badges mean he often will not kill the zombie he passes.

So really depends on your level and play style. For getting to lvl 36 easier and allowing some bad luck or bad moves it is great, for pushing to lvl 40+ not really.
    romeorogueDSDanski_46BWils
    Thanks @Burmeliinis i hit 40 for first time last challenge. Could of went farther but I don't use gold to heal really
    romeo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 246
    edited September 18
    The thing with Daryl is that his traits really favour a defensive approach so you are really wasting his Iron Skin and Retaliate traits if you don't plan on taking any blows. So you should really reroll those two traits in favour of Power Strike / Strong / Follow Through as well.
    BWils
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    Scouts don’t need IS or Retaliation. It’s a waste of DR and health badges to use on them. The need all power to make high level kills 40+
    BWilsDanski_46ADPaq
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,788
    Agreed. Pre-razor the best scouts were geared towards DR and damage with retaliate good for extra hits. Post razor the best scouts are max damage glass cannons. There is still a place in the game for some defensive scout builds and Gabriel is the best build for this due to his leader trait.
    BWils
    WellyLuga said:

Agreed. Pre-razor the best scouts were geared towards DR and damage with retaliate good for extra hits. Post razor the best scouts are max damage glass cannons. There is still a place in the game for some defensive scout builds and Gabriel is the best build for this due to his leader trait.

Put lucky & dodge traits on Gabe along with the same traits on a piece of armor and he becomes Neo from the Matrix lol!
    Member LegionOfDoom
    imacharlie
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,623
    I like having my HDaryl with high Heath and DR badges. But, that is a specialty use for opening gates and getting to the exit in The Distance. He can take 1-2 hits before getting into a struggle at high levels. For some maps, that's what you need. Plus, with a couple of charged up Bruisers that can run past some walkers, they can be used to keep HDaryl from getting hit. Clearly, this is a very non-offensive strategy and not for general purpose maps.
    bigbeanorogueDS
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    > @Firekid said:
    > @avelardez except gabe. Whose leader trait and most of his traits are wholly suited to a defensive scout.

I’ve never used Gabe so can’t say much on him but from my knowledge and experience of the Game, scouts don’t need to be used a meat bags. They are like fine China and need to be protected at all cost. Every once in a while my legendary HD took a hit or two but that’s all. Scouts are raw power and kill high level 45+ walker. I have killed up to level 50 walkers during challenges. So your not going near any walker even with a 10 star Gabe and dodging or taking that hit without instant struggle unless your a bruiser. Just saying. But good luck to those that badge accordingly.
    psychwolfADPaq
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 146
    I have a 5 star scout that I put damage and max DR on. he is good to fly by up to 36 then its rick and Daryl all offense. up to 36 a DR scout is very useful to 3 star maps
    Burmeliinis
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,792
    @avelardez I tend to use him on the open the gate maps to bump up the dodge and Eugene leader trait and up to +8/9 he can still take a hit if needed which I’m sure you agree can be useful.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,788
    edited September 19
    There is more to this game than what works best at RSL40+ in the challenge :astonished:
    BurmeliinisFirekidShadowWalker
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 281
    Once gas hits 6 a mission I dont repeat, except when gas is everywhere like this weekend. So having a tanked scout helps save stars higher up. My HD is tanked.
    rogueDS
    Wish I tanked daryl would of helped this challenge o well
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    avelardez said:

>
    ...I have killed up to level 50 walkers during challenges. So your not going near any walker even with a 10 star Gabe and dodging or taking that hit without instant struggle unless your a bruiser...

Hazard suit / dodge combo has the same chance of working against a L50 walker as a L40 walker.
    Danski_46