TWD guild discussion thread. Q & A from members and non-members of TWD guild.

FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 520
Hi there!

I'm FuriousMoldovan, leader and founder of TWD guild!
Any member of our guild can post questions, conversations, feedback, anything RELATED TO GAMEPLAY here :)

Non-members are welcome to post anything RELATED TO GAMEPLAY too!
Looking forward to your messages!
Founder and Leader of the original TWD Guild established in 2015.
Join us: cutt.ly/TWD-guild
romeoTripodTCBRITOBWils

Comments

• FuriousMoldovanFuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 520
    > @Huricane444 said:
    > I can tell you one big secret, but keep it and dont tell no one! Go to playmarket there is lots of messangers, download it, invite your guild mambers and you will get instant comunication with your guildmates, where u can share with videos, game tactic and so >so...

Great, thanks! This thread is meant to be public and was created specifically for those who want to post on official NML forum :)
    But thanks again, that's gonna be our little secret!
    Huricane444TCBRITOBWilsBurmeliinis
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 983
    Not a great forum for guild chat even if you want it public...too much clutter already
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

RenopwnsBWilsJaden
    > @Billbam said:
    > Not a great forum for guild chat even if you want it public...too much clutter already

I guess that's the whole purpose of forums - a place to have discussions :)
    ShadowWalkerBWils
    bladgier said:

@FuriousMoldovan That is cute. Although it's not how this forum works. Any kind of communitator would be the best solution for you.

"Discuss anything related to the game here" - looks pretty clear to me :) Thanks for input though, that was part of this thread's purpose.
    Billbam said:

@FuriousMoldovan if every guild put up a guild thread that is all we would see.

doesn't hurt to know more about other guilds ;) making connections is quite meaningful addition to the gameplay, would seem more like good old D&D!
    Deathwish19BWilsADPaq
    edited September 2019
    Speaking of gameplay, who remembers "Memorial" and Deadly Missions? :)

Oh man, November 2015 was a BAD month for me.....
    ShadowWalker
    edited September 2019
    Mystique said:

I think what everyone is attempting to say is that yes this is a discussion forum, but each discussion usually has its own thread (easier to keep track of that way).. for instance Memorial and deadly missions discussions already have their own thread, so this becomes a bit redundant and has a cluttering affect! 😉

I understand what they are saying, I'm just trying to reply and explain my point of view in polite manner with (maybe) a tad of humour :)
    The purpose of this thread is not only to discuss memorial, deadly missions, or my favourite fat walker, etc. but discuss whatever is happening in our guild or with our players as well as others getting to know us.
    That's why I created this one single thread so individual posts won't be scattered across the forum in different topics and are easy to find for my guild ;)

There are ton of threads with discussion of milestones of individual guilds and similar in "General Discussions", so I created one for our guild.
    Serves a good purpose just like others. It might be hard to see from the outside but again there a lot of people with different likes and opinions and all are appreciated ;)
    TCBRITOTripodBWilsPic
    edited September 2019
    > @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:
    > @FuriousMoldovan so effectively this thread will get theoretically upvoted each time someone adds a comment as opposed to seeing new threads or other updated threads. I think you should advertise your guild in the advert section and set up a Line/ Discord/ Messenger chat for your guild or anyone else who wants to talk with you perhaps?

Yes, that's how forum works.

Perhaps you should refer to Rules for further clarification instead of cluttering this thread with unjustified, uncalled, and borderline rude criticism?
    Simple solution: don't want to talk to someone - just don't ;)

Alright, who else feels like they didn't fullfil their parental duties for today? 😁(Rhetorical question).

Back to our discussion:

> @FuriousMoldovan said:
    > Speaking of gameplay, who remembers "Memorial" and Deadly Missions? :)
    >
    > Oh man, November 2015 was a BAD month for me.....
    BWilsTCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,602
    So you’ve got a thread on the forum for your guild to talk about anything that’s going on in game, rather than commenting on the individual discussions about particular aspects of the game? I really don’t get it.
    BWilsDbl_Edge_DEPJadenTCBRITO
    edited September 2019
    > @Firekid said:
    > So you’ve got a thread on the forum for your guild to talk about anything that’s going on in game, rather than commenting on the individual discussions about particular aspects of the game? I really don’t get it.

Yes, just like many other threads here in General Discussions about what's going on in game of other guilds.
    For example, this one ;)
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41123/milestone-for-trinity-guild-4-000-000-stars
    BWilsbigbeanoTCBRITOTripod
    edited September 2019
    @Firekid same here!

This thread would drop off to the bottom until the next achievement/event/etc in our guild! :)
    Instead of creating a new thread for every new event! It's more efficient!
    Unless there are more spam-like comments about nothing (not related to gameplay) coming in from people that feel like parenting - so useless isn't it?
    BWilsbigbeanoTCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,602
    Ok so a thread placeholder of sorts, I get ya, although not what your OP implied. Also are you aware of the forum rules on thread necromancy, “don’t bump threads over 30 days old start a new one instead”. How’s your guild doing anyway, might as well use this thread for what it was intended for! 😀
    FuriousMoldovanBWilsTripod
    edited September 2019
    Jenng said:

I think I’ve finally gathered enough information .......and that’s not how this works unfortunately @FuriousMoldovan lol

The threads aren’t timeless. There are expiration dates for posting in the general discussion. Plus, if this is going to be a hodgepodge of info it’ll be super inconvenient for your guild to find the information they’re searching for. Which is why there are many threads with specific topics. A singular thread discussing everything isn’t how it’s done.

What you said above is exactly:
    Jenng said:

Clutter discussions is an excellent description.

;)
    But enough about that, just follow your heart...or head... doesn't matter really :) *friendly sarcasm*
    BWilsbigbeanoTCBRITO
    edited September 2019
    Firekid said:

Ok so a thread placeholder of sorts, I get ya, although not what your OP implied. Also are you aware of the forum rules on thread necromancy, “don’t bump threads over 30 days old start a new one instead”. How’s your guild doing anyway, might as well use this thread for what it was intended for! 😀

EXACTLY! :smile: I fixed my OP, maybe that'll help. Just wanted to avoid cluttering and create just one thread, like a "folder" for whatever is going on in the guild :)
    Because there's no section really for that in this forum, in exception of Guild recruitment, but this one is not for recruitment so it doesn't really fit there.

Guild is fine, but overtime not everyone survived and I wasn't here on forum to recruit new ones, so out of 20 people I had some that were inactive for 2-3 years lol :)
    Kinda got tired of playing with only several active players, so took it to forum. Did 206 number of Challenges, in many of them was the only person earning stars previously :)
    Now trying to revive our guild and create a drama-free environment (unlike... well... you know... :) *healthy sarcasm*)
    BWilsbigbeanoTCBRITO
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 563
    To quote @FuriousMoldovan:
    "Perhaps you should refer to Rules for further clarification instead of cluttering this thread with unjustified, uncalled, and borderline rude criticism?
    Simple solution: don't want to talk to someone - just don't"

Let me address this:I asked a question, in order for you to offer us clarification. By responding to your post which you made public, you have offered anyone, including myself, the opportunity to pass scrutiny or favor on said post. If I were trolling you or hurling abuse at you, I could stand by your use of unjustified. My criticism of your post was one which leaned toward the forum users as opposed to your guild. I wouldn't have spoken to you if I took issue with you, please don't imply rudeness when I'm simply speaking my mind.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    bladgierJadenJenngTCBRITO
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,239
    edited September 2019
    There is a simple solution, moderators @Fluxxx can we get another subforum for private guild activity?

And make it so the posts don't show in the "discussions" real?

No harm no foul, all parties happy.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    FuriousMoldovan
    edited September 2019
    @ATLAS-Z
    That would be a good solution. Preferably in the "Guild Discussion" section, can create a 3rd child category in addition to "guilds recruiting" and "players looking for guild" with one thread per guild.
    Can call it a "Guild Chat" section or similar.

Because I see that friendliness is not very welcome here by some. Some are just looking for the opportunity to show their non-existent superior knowledge, throw couple of condescending memes, and clutter the forum by saying how bad it is to clutter the forum. Oh, the irony :)
    It just shows their insecurity, agression, lack of understanding, and constant complex of "always want to be right because it makes me feel good and important".

*In John Oliver's voice*: "Well, moving on".
    bladgierJadenbigbeanoADPaqTripod
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > In the proposed sub, it wouldn't matter about posts getting bumped up...
    >
    > Let's say I created a "Zombrex Discussion" thread in the Private Guild Activity subforum...
    >
    > I could share the direct link to this with anyone interested and those folks could bookmark it for easy access?
    >
    > It's not the worst idea, in fact message boards were a very common means of such communication before anyone ever dreamed up the idea of a messenger app.
    >
    > Plus encouraging more traffic on the Forum in general is never a bad thing for the game.

That was pretty much the whole idea of this thread. Something I can share via link as a quick access for the team, not overblown drama of grown-up kids over literally nothing.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,239
    edited September 2019
    Sometimes in order to invoke change, you have to be willing to ruffle a few feathers ;-)

Most of these are good folk, it's easy to get riled up in a text only nonverbal format.

Find your peace and try not to take it too personally.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    FuriousMoldovanSPC_TORRESbladgier
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,966
    ATLAS-Z said:

There is a simple solution, moderators @Fluxxx can we get another subforum for private guild activity?

And make it so the posts don't show in the "discussions" real?

No harm no foul, all parties happy.

They do.... it’s buried deep. It’s called social groups, here on the forum
    But it’s not all that private
    ATLAS-Z said:

In the proposed sub, it wouldn't matter about posts getting bumped up...

Let's say I created a "Zombrex Discussion" thread in the Private Guild Activity subforum...

I could share the direct link to this with anyone interested and those folks could bookmark it for easy access?

It's not the worst idea, in fact message boards were a very common means of such communication before anyone ever dreamed up the idea of a messenger app.

Plus encouraging more traffic on the Forum in general is never a bad thing for the game.

Think that is what @Zette is talking about, I been using that for my guild, started a private chat for those on the forum

ATLAS-ZJenngZette