After unlocking assaults

So, after completing Episode 9 "The Pursuit" and unlocking the assault class, what's the recommended thing to focus my gas usage on if I'm trying to get stronger quickly?

Besides the weekly guild challenge, is my precious gas best used to scavenge supplies, raiding outposts, or something else?

Comments

• KriegKrieg Member Posts: 266
    edited September 2019
    A few things I would do different if I had to start over. 1) I would never, ever, unlock any warrior. 2) I would find one unicorn survivor for each of the other class and concentrate all upgrade tokens on them. 3) Get upgraded fire ranged weapons whenever possible & 4) focus radio calls on making badarse buisers and scouts.

You need good bruisers & scouts to go deep into the weekly challenge levels.
    Elder LegionOfDoom
    BurmeliinisAchillesVMais88
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    I haven't spent a single radio yet and do intend on spending them on the important bruiser and other heroes, hoping to find some unicorn candidates in the process.

Why no warriors? Don't you need Michonne for threat reduction in some tough missions?
    edited September 2019
    I'm sure some of the hardcore players get warriors badged up to hang at high level challenges. However, (personal opinion) that's out of reach for FTP and casual players. They can't dish it and can't take it at the higher levels. There was some chat that Warriors would get guaranteed critical hits off charge attacks in the near future. This will help with the former, but not the latter problem.
    Elder LegionOfDoom
    Deathwish19AchillesV
    Up until about 1,100 stars in the challenge I use Hunter Maggie (L), Rosita and Sasha all with gold training gear. This allows me to blow through the early maps while reaping as much XP as possible.

Dunno how I'll go with the new one battle skip round feature. I'll prob stick to my old system to one degree or another.
    Elder LegionOfDoom
    AchillesV
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 683
    There is a lot to unlock, so it would make sense to really focus your precious resources. As mentioned above, focus on only one regular survivor of each type and only the main heroes. It makes sense to not unlock any non-essential heroes until later. Spend phones only when tokens are doubled and you can get phones for your desired hero/survivor.

Outpost is good as it only needs 2 gas and you can collect trade goods quickly to buy tokens for your regular survivors.

I would not spend any energy on supplies. Buy a gas booster when it's tomato monday and you'll fill up your storage in no time.

Good heroes:
    Assault: Abraham, Governor
    Shooter: Hilltop Maggie (and Aaron, whose tokens you get from the Distance)
    Hunter: Sasha
    Warrior: Michonne, Jesus (or none)
    Scout: Huntsman Daryl, Survivalist Rick
    Bruiser: Morgan, Riot Gear Glenn

There are some other heroes that some like a lot (like Eugene, Rufus, Gabriel) but it makes sense to leave them for later.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 186
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > There is a lot to unlock, so it would make sense to really focus your precious resources. As mentioned above, focus on only one regular survivor of each type and only the main heroes. It makes sense to not unlock any non-essential heroes until later. Spend phones only when tokens are doubled and you can get phones for your desired hero/survivor.
    >
    > Outpost is good as it only needs 2 gas and you can collect trade goods quickly to buy tokens for your regular survivors.
    >
    > I would not spend any energy on supplies. Buy a gas booster when it's tomato monday and you'll fill up your storage in no time.
    >
    > Good heroes:
    > Assault: Abraham, Governor
    > Shooter: Hilltop Maggie (and Aaron, whose tokens you get from the Distance)
    > Hunter: Sasha
    > Warrior: Michonne, Jesus (or none)
    > Scout: Huntsman Daryl, Survivalist Rick
    > Bruiser: Morgan, Riot Gear Glenn
    >
    > There are some other heroes that some like a lot (like Eugene, Rufus, Gabriel) but it makes sense to leave them for later?)

Are u serious?))) governor is good assault?))
    Keep Eugene rufus and gabe for later?))) i think you never been at rls40
    Eugen is best defender from brussers his LT is awsome!
    Rufus after rerols is best assault tank
    GABE is furios support for brussers when need stand long and hard...
    bigbeanoTripod
    @Huricane444 , remember that the OP is a quite low level player. Building survivors with RSL40 in mind will not help him enjoy the game now.

Governor is great for extra xp and supplies for crates, which is crucial at the OP's stage in the game. Later he is also great for stun cycles in the Distance, so you don't waste resources upgrading him like you would on XP Maggie which otherwise is a useless Hunter, especially with Alpha being launched soon.
    bigbeanoDeathwish19
    edited September 2019
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > @Huricane444 , remember that the OP is a quite low level player. Building survivors with RSL40 in mind will not help him enjoy the game now.
    >
    > Governor is great for extra xp and supplies for crates, which is crucial at the OP's stage in the game. Later he is also great for stun cycles in the Distance, so you don't waste resources upgrading him like you would on XP Maggie which otherwise is a useless Hunter, especially with Alpha being launched soon.

I dont use meggie, glen and governor they are useless to invest in them, if you invest in governor just for distance i have no coment :))) hard distance with right hands can be crossed with 20 21 lvl, on 26lvl it can be done with 0 loses

P. S those who ask help about game should get them right, and dont make mistakes like we do... He should invest in right heroes from begining!

P. S.S by the way to stan walkers theres no metter what assault u use it depends of your weapon, and better charge and stan is using Sasha as lead! U can get 3* assault from free calls and charge it at low levels and go throw
    Tripod
    To get back to the original question, with reroll tokens now available the OP should be happy with finding survivors with 4 desired traits instead of waiting forever for a unicorn. The fifth trait could then be rerolled to create a unicorn. There are lots of threads with the best traits per class so won't recap that here now.
    Danski_46bigbeanoAchillesV
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,529
    edited September 2019
    I won't get into which heroes to focus on as this is something which constantly changes. It used to be Sasha, Abe and Michonne. Then it was Rick, Glenn and Daryl. Who knows what the next phase will bring, especially considering Alpha's leader trait is unknown at this stage. If it boosts piercing above 45% then we may see a power shift back towards range. Bear in mind that the players who are knocking warriors are the ones who get to RSL40+, Michonne is still a really good hero up until this point.

As for your resources I would join a guild within your means. If you are having to try to play the challenge all week long to hit a minimum out of your comfort zone then it's going to hold you back a little. At a certain stage you no longer receive supplies in the challenge and I wouldn't go further than that if I was levelling up. I would play the challenge up until a reasonable point, maybe up to +5 your level and then switch to supply scavanges. The distance is good for supplies but once you unlock the hard distance I would focus on that, even if it means you can only complete 8-9 missions for the rare badge stuff.

Try to get the main heroes mentioned above to legendary and your two focuses should be on badges and levelling up your camp. You can worry about stars and anything else competitive when you're closer to end game and have your camp fully stocked :smile:
    Danski_46AchillesV

P. S.S by the way to stan walkers theres no metter what assault u use it depends of your weapon, and better charge and stan is using Sasha as lead! U can get 3* assault from free calls and charge it at low levels and go throw

This is not correct. To build stun cycles with 2 bruisers and Sasha in lead you really benefit from the Lucky trait, and the Governor is the only Hero Assault with Lucky. With Sasha at 30% leader trait and 20% lucky from trait and 20% from the weapon you will get a charge point with 42% chance. That might not sound as a big difference, but in average you will be fully charged by body shotting 6 walkers, while you would need 9 hits without the Lucky boost. This is useful also on many challenge missions.
    Danski_46TeenahGeebigbeano
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 197
    Gas is best used in the Distance, but I think you need Council level 18 to be able to do the Distance. So I would spend all my gas getting supplies to upgrade buildings in this order: Council, Farm Plots, Tents, Training Grounds, Workshop, Scavenger, Craftsman, Mission Car, Hospital, Outpost and every other building you need to get Council to level 18.

I would also level some weapons that don't get obsolete when you level. I think these are:
    Rifles with Incendiary, Large Caliber and Lucky (or only Incendiary if you can't get two or three of these)
    Machine Guns with widespread and lucky (or only widespread if you can't have both).
    Bruiser weapons with: Concussion, Razor, Lucky (or only Concussion and Razor if you can't get all three)

And you can level some armor with Ruthless and Training Gear, those don't get obsolete very quick either.

I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    Burmeliinis
    Thanks all, having to work during the week I don't think I'll be best able to take advantage of Tomato Monday when one happens, and having saved all the radios so far means I have to fight the challenges with just 1 and 2 star survivors and a small selection of heroes. It's been challenging just getting completed with mostly 3 stars on +3 levels. Unfortunately I didn't get assaults unlocked in time for the 2x Abraham day, he would probably help me get at least one level further in challenges.

I would think using the 24 hr gas on a weekend to farm scavenge aiming to pick up radios along the way should be decent value for money right? Besides the supplies, XP, and equipment, surely you can get 50 - 100 radios as well along the way which compares very favorably to the price of buying just radios outright.
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 29
    If you're going to buy a gas booster to scavenge on weekends, do it when there is a radioactive event.
    AchillesV
    Had to look up what a radioactive event is, but you're right. I was thinking of a weekend like the last one when we had 5 second building upgrades to make sure I didn't just cap out on supplies.
    In the middle of October the autumn campaign probably starts. Normally the rewards from campaign consist of getting 500 stars in the challenge, doing dailies every day, spending crates in the shop and doing The Distance. To get max rewards you need to do The Distance twice 3 out of 4 weeks. That means resetting The Distance which costs 400 gold. I would recommend saving up at least 1600 gold to be able to reset The Distance 4 times during the campaign. Resetting The Distance during campaign is probably the best way to spend your gold. But it requires you to unlock the distance in less than 4 weeks. The sooner the better as you will have time to get some practice.

Here you can see what this week's distance has to offer: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/387856/#Comment_387856
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    AchillesV
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > (Quote)
    > This is not correct. To build stun cycles with 2 bruisers and Sasha in lead you really benefit from the Lucky trait, and the Governor is the only Hero Assault with Lucky. With Sasha at 30% leader trait and 20% lucky from trait and 20% from the weapon you will get a charge point with 42% chance. That might not sound as a big difference, but in average you will be fully charged by body shotting 6 walkers, while you would need 9 hits without the Lucky boost. This is useful also on many challenge missions.

So what the problem with my previos post find from free calls or take when u call hero 3* assault with luck? And not invest in useless heroes...
    magic said:

In the middle of October the autumn campaign probably starts. Normally the rewards from campaign consist of getting 500 stars in the challenge, doing dailies every day, spending crates in the shop and doing The Distance. To get max rewards you need to do The Distance twice 3 out of 4 weeks. That means resetting The Distance which costs 400 gold. I would recommend saving up at least 1600 gold to be able to reset The Distance 4 times during the campaign. Resetting The Distance during campaign is probably the best way to spend your gold. But it requires you to unlock the distance in less than 4 weeks. The sooner the better as you will have time to get some practice.

Here you can see what this week's distance has to offer: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/387856/#Comment_387856

Great tip thanks for that, and awesome link!
    edited September 2019
    Glad to be able to help!

This weekend it is double xp and 1 minute gas. That can be used pretty efficiently to farm both supplies and xp.
    If you put Glenn (scout) in the lead and Maggie (hunter) in your team, and try to kill most of the zombies with Maggie, you can get a lot of supplies and xp. Even better if Maggie has training gear.

My strategy is to not advance too far in the challenge. Then on a map I can easily finish and where there are a lot of zombies spawning, I almost finish it, and then shoot all spawning zombies until the xp I get from kills is reduced to 1 or the zombies threaten to overrun me. Then I finish and do the same map over again. Some maps can give a better payout than others, the map "new home" spawn a lot of armored walkers, and if you can take those down the output is quite good. Just make sure you aren't wounded. Doing a map like this takes a couple of minutes, so you will never run out of gas. Repeat until you are bored or your supplies are full.

If you don't manage to pull off the trick above, then join this discord-channel and I can explain in detail: https://discord.gg/QadPxpb
    @magic Is there somewhere that has information like what you post about the current week's Distance rewards, and 1 minute gas (there don't seem to be a news announcement for that)? Would be very handy to know what's coming up next before it happens.

I'm nearly always capped out on XP can't spend it fast enough, but yes have found some ways to stick around on maps to farm it if required. I find Boom Box a good prospective one to farm with 1 gas using Negan's crew that I don't have to worry about getting banged up.
    edited September 2019
    AchillesV said:

@magic Is there somewhere that has information like what you post about the current week's Distance rewards, and 1 minute gas (there don't seem to be a news announcement for that)? Would be very handy to know what's coming up next before it happens.

That's a very good question which I have wondered about myself many times. Is the news events like "One Minute Gas" and "Double XP From Kills" posted somewhere? Is there an rss-feed or other feed where we can see the news except for ingame? Maybe @Fluxxx can answer that question?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,611
    edited September 2019
    @AchillesV in any season mission you don’t have to worry about the hero getting knocked about. They don’t end up in your hospital. If you want to farm a season mission may I recommend you got me ringin seasons 8a episode 6. Also very good for kill x walkers with an assault daily missions.
    Danski_46AchillesV
    There is aleays a video with the upcoming weekend event in the Video Vault.
    AchillesV
    Videos are cool, but it's not always convenient to watch a video with information that can be written out in one sentence.
    fretjeAchillesV