3.4 Game Update Video Discussion

Comments

• JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,246
    Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

The video is awesome @Fluxxx ! Excellent job and just enough info for me to speculate wildly 😜

I’ll slow my roll on participating in the potential nerf talks though ! Lol πŸ˜‘

SPC_TORRESBWilsbigbeanoimacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,850
    Ah I see, so basically misreading what his trait means. As the counter is clearly the number counting down until the incoming is due rather than the amount of walkers which will be incoming. I suppose it could be clearer in the description. Although not sure how. Just tried to rewrite it myself and failed.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 513
    Might use the term Threat Clock over Threat Counter.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

tabernacFirekid
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 228
    I think the update - as much info i have at the Moment - sounds really good!

What I wonder - are there still round passes once the master stage is live?

And if not - what happens to the round passes we get this weeks challange?

Thx @Fluxxx

😁
    DoomSquad Family

@JoeSmart yes round passes no affected

Urbanjesus
    Thx - But they get more and more β€žuselessβ€œ as i understand - correct?
    DoomSquad Family

We shall see...havent given that part much thought yet hahaha

I give you some time - let me know πŸ˜‚
    DoomSquad Family

• UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 110
    @Fluxxx will using the master stage (skip round) option decrease the number of available stars?

i.e. 6 missions 3 stars each with round pass = 36 possible
    Master stage 1 mission 3 stars with round pass = 3 possible?

Or will completing the master stage count as 3 staring every possible mission that round?

So excited for the update! Thanks for all your hard work and community management!
    I am not sure about that - but as it was mentioned before, no. Once you pass the master stage you get the stars of all maps... if NG would mess this up with not giving stars, they killed the game 😁
    DoomSquad Family

Urbanjesus
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 507
    Grendel said:

Stars above a person's head in a Looney Tunes animation normally denotes being dazed, you'll notice th Looney Tunes theme in the background hinting at that. I would say it is likely what @ATLAS-Z suggested, confused status, attack own allies or attack self, or travel in opposite direction to us.

In this game, stars above a walker's head denotes that it is stunned. Maybe question marks would indicate confusion?
    It's possible. I don't sense any red herring in the video regarding the status effect tho. Confusion, stunned, perhaps even berserk ala Final Fantasy?
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,818
    edited September 19
    > @Dbl_Edge_DEP said:
    > (Quote)
    > It's possible. I don't sense any red herring in the video regarding the status effect tho. Confusion, stunned, perhaps even berserk ala Final Fantasy?

I was thinking back to playing Pokemon games with my kids...

Status effects included

Paralysis (effectively what we call stunned)
    Burn (same)
    Confusion
    Freeze
    Sleep
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 110
    > @JoeSmart said:
    > I am not sure about that - but as it was mentioned before, no. Once you pass the master stage you get the stars of all maps... if NG would mess this up with not giving stars, they killed the game 😁

Thanks for clarification bud. I was worried there for a second πŸ˜†
    JoeSmart
    @ATLAS-Z loved the PokΓ©mon games but the common theme with a lot of them is they made some other status effects redundant. Darl Souls had poison (lose % health per second) Toxic (lose greater % health per second) and those could work in tandem. I want confuse (enemies attack one another), attack reduction (enemiey damage is reduced) , slow (enemy moves one less space per turn), haste (enemy can move one additional space per turn), blowback (enemy is pushed back 3 spaces.
    ATLAS-ZOzzy99
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 161
    With 10 round passes, you basically play 60 maps to get the rewards and advancement of 120 maps.

If the master level replaces round passes, you would play 20 master level maps to get the rewards and advancement of 120 maps.

So play 20 instead of 60 to get the same results.

Even if round passes disappear, the master level system seems much better. I guess it could get boring playing the same map 20 times in a row if the master level stays the same - but hopefully it rotates.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe we shouldn't freak out too quickly if round passes disappear. I still think it will be a huge reduction to the grind.
    Master level advances through the map set one at a time as you progress, no repeats until the 7th if you go that high. Round passes are still in effect. Don't forget the master map is 6 levels over the current level, so unlikely you will play it 20x.

Bill_ZRT
    @Billbam you been beta testing this?
    @Firekid
    No just watching the videos..I am not that lucky hahaha

Is there a new video out?
    Pain Walker has 2 out on You Tube...just posted one about the new fast walkers and a couple of technical updates

edited September 19
    Ooooooh
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 291
    JenngNezo
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,016
    Fast walker can dodge lmao πŸ‘Ž oh and dodge bullets too πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž
    TCBRITORWSJenngtjhookr
    I hate these walkers already.

Can't wait ;-)
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    RWSShadowWalkerDanski_46
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,246
    Ugh πŸ˜‘ I knew double dodge would haunt me for the rest of time.

SPC_TORRES
    This should make the people who voted for increased challenge, reduced grind happy. The fast walkers are an interesting concept, however, much like metalheads, the novelty may soon wear off. Did anyone else pick up on the barrels in those maps? Gameplay showed the player interacting with barrels during missions.
    imacharlie
    We need RED barrels that we can shot and explode

TCBRITODanski_46
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 122
    I guess the new trait on the right (the man with the hole in his chest while moving) could, or should be shoting while moving. Survival Daryl attacks with knife or spear while moving. I think it is an equal trait for shooting class!? Anyway... if i cant kill walkers with a rifle at for example level 37 with one shot i will probably mostly use melee...like before, especially when Jesus gets his new toy...lol
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 122
    edited September 19
    ... but Alpha with a rifle? Not pssssst any more? It would have been more sense if NG came out with her instead of survivor Daryl....he has exactly the thaits i would have expectet on Alpha
    ShadowWalker
    edited September 19
    > @Kasimir said:
    > I guess the new trait on the right (the man with the hole in his chest while moving) could, or should be shoting while moving. Survival Daryl attacks with knife or spear while moving. I think it is an equal trait for shooting class!?

Yeah I suggested the same to my guild,

"Strafe"