New character class - shotgun!

RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 133
I can't be the only one who noticed that as present as shotguns are in the show, they are unexplainably absent in the game. You could give them a shorter and wider version of the assault class cone range, give them high damage, and a bleeding charge attack. Any other ideas are welcomed and encouraged, let's get some new classes here!
anthony172freedydaddyD_Mitchem

Comments

• CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    They have shotguns...you just have to by them...I don't know what class they are, I think hunter, but not sure.

I don't pay to play so i can't show any pictures, but they at least one time existed in the game.
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 133
    Yeah but I think it would be cool as an entirely separate class. If you have any ideas for any other potential new classes please share them!
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    No there has never been a shotgun in this game. I know because I've been pushing it since day one along with throwing knives for scouts. Maybe if enough people jump on board Next Games will make it happen.
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    @mikpay2316

This sure as shit looks like a shotgun to me, but heck, what do I know about firearms.

What would you consider a shotgun, if not that?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Renopwns_Lily_
    Since the Shotgun is brought up monthly, I'm thinking it's not a new idea. However every time I ask what would be different from a shotgun class and assault class would be, nobody ever answers.

Throwing out a 'we want' without giving details never really gets a strong backing. IMHO. However, I also don't know what a shotgun is I guess.
    Concordia

Boukephalos
    Like I said, they would have a cone similar to assault types but shorter and wider. Also higher damage and maybe a critical charge attack cause stun would be OP. Make them squishy though so they aren't like invincible, you gotta be smart with em.
    @Renopwns

Since I try not to be a Nilly Nelly, might I offer a suggestion?

If I was trying to get a whole new class added, I'd ...

Take a look at the base class stats; damage and health, here:
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/survivor-base-damagehealth-values/

Then make a similar chart showing what I think would be fair and not overpowered to show the difference between hunter/Assault/shotgun

I'd also use the description information found here:
    http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Survivors

Then write a short blurb explaining the survivor class and what the special characteristics would be and how it would affect gameplay.

Keeping in mind, this would possibly be a major update with all the new code that would have to be thrown in, the artwork, the animations, etc. This would also bite into token dilution, as well as have to be factored into every portion of the game even including radio calls.

How would all that work be worth it? What value add would it have? Why should/would it take priority over all the other 'fixes' people ask for?

I am seriously trying to offer advice, not be an ass. Hope this is taken with the spirit in which I intended.
    Concordia

anthony172RenopwnsLieutenantMarsh
    Ok I admit that's definitely a picture of a shotgun. Calling a rifle a shotgun though really doesn't count. It would almost have to be an assault weapon so you could get the wide spread.
    I really wish they would do the throwing knives too. It could function just like a pistol and really make the scouts more useful. Especially with swift strike.
    edited April 2018

Ok I admit that's definitely a picture of a shotgun. Calling a rifle a shotgun though really doesn't count. It would almost have to be an assault weapon so you could get the wide spread.

It's called Slugs. One shot, one piece of lead. Still a shotgun.
    Single hits just like a rifle.

See my previous suggestion if you're serious about suggesting a new weapon type or class. You really need to sell the idea by putting in a bit of work into the sales pitch.

Just saying 'Why can't we use a car as a weapon' won't get much 'traction' imho.

I have logged hours on helicopters, maybe I should suggest a helicopter instead of a mission car. That might allow me to go back a difficulty level in challenges when you advanced so far you can no longer make progress. "Hey, I just want to fly back a block and reattack the other herd."
    Concordia

• ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    You gotta think about every angle with something like this. And adding another class would further dilute the token pool. Something nobody wants.

I feel like I’ve been here before...
    SCBMAbigbeanoanthony172Renopwns
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    edited April 2018
    Grinder class.

Heavy health and damage.

Armor examples:
    full EOD disposal suit
    Full kevlar gear
    Full K9 training bodysuit/wrap

Weapon examples:
    M60
    Grenade launcher
    50 calibur
    RPG
    Rocket launcher
    GAU-19
    M134D gatling gun
    M1919 Browning
    Renopwnsanthony172bigbeano
    ☝️This guy has the right idea. I agree about the token pool but I feel like they need to give us more phones as it is, which is something they would no doubt have to do if a new class was added. I just like contemplating possibilities, maybe Next Games sees this thread and takes it into consideration? Just food for thought if not I guess. Thanks everyone, keep the ideas coming!
    anthony172
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    If they made some changes to the survivor/hero token system to fix the dilution, even with the addition of another class, I’d be all for it. But I seriously doubt that will happen
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 314
    "Rifles" with "Large Caliber" are 'shotguns'.
    My Maggie routinely sprays down 6+ Zs with one shot from her (gold caliber) 'rifle'.
    The devs got this issue covered.
    Renopwns
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,862
    Man everybody been wanting a shotgun class since day one (me included), but if they do it, I hope they do it right.

It needs to be 200% awesome
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Renopwns
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 314
    See my post above yours, @BiggyGuyinTWD : shotguns are already hunter upgrades. Gold Large Caliber sprays down the Zs well.
    So apparently they stole my shotgun idea now, made it a hunter weapon, and forgot to give me credit. Thanks NG!
    ShadowWalker
    The apocalypse isn't right without a shotgun, the community been begging for it since day one...

I did a quick search for "shotgun" and found 10 pages work of results, including one by my old retired buddy Angelo... We called him the Prophet. Miss that guy.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Renopwns
  • imacharlieimacharlie Member Posts: 126
    new shotgun weapon for hunters in update. more damage, less range and a bit of a spread it sounds like. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
    Now if only we can get that Plasma Rifle with the 10 Watt Range

Upgradable of course, to 20/30/40 Watt Range for @Governator
    GovernatorJenngRenopwns