Update 3.4 notes discussion.

13»

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,108
    how will the game know if we want to play at normal or master difficulty?
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 489
    You can tell from the pic that there are still the normal 6 challenge options, Nothing changed there. Then there’s a 7th option with the “skip” next to it. That’s the master one. If we don’t click on that one or say we ignore that one, the challenge is the exact same as it has been. > @Billbam said:
    > how will the game know if we want to play at normal or master difficulty?
    OK got it thanks!
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,818
    I completely misread that image!!! Thanks @jimmorrison369 I thought that that master stage “skip” level was one of the six and it would move along each round! Teach me to not look at the pictures!
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    I'd say it does not reduce grind at all at plus 6...i can usually play 3 stars up to 38..if I wanna skip 37 let's say... I'd have to play one 43 mission that might be very well a 1 star... Or impossible to complete... So if I get 1 star I get 6 stars... If I play 37 I might get 18...or 16...
    Plus 3 would be a challenge enough...
    BWilsTCBRITO
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 224
    Your thoughts were correct @Firekid.

The master mission is one of the 6 maps but at +6 RSL.

Every round passed, the master mission moves along.

So last challenge it would have been: death trap, then new home, the breach, ...
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    There is a lot of players expecting the master stage to reduce grind... If it's gonna be plus 6 I can tell from my part I'll be not happy at all... To skip 34 where I don't ever lose a star I would have to play a mission at 40 and 3 star it... That is unrealistic and after 34 basically any elite can at least 2 star up to 38 or 39...not the case at all at 44 or 45. You should consider a Plus 3 rule after rsl 40.Its logical... I know... It's like dark holes for NG... Still... It's common sense... If I'm stupid or just ignorant I tend to listen to those that are more involved... Or brighter... Etc
    BWilsTCBRITOKarajoca
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 364
    I agree with everyone who say +6 is too high, that was my thoughts at first. But i want to give chance to this, feel it, then comment if looks bad.
    +3 would be too easy. Many of us would have 1000+ stars after 15 minutes of challenge then, so that's not good too.
    I believe even now, with +6 if that master map is easy, we can play it 10, 15+ times and 3 star it.
    Sometimes it will be harder and no feeling of grind reduction at all. But let's give it a shot, can't hurt 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Danski_46Burmeliinis
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 224
    edited September 2019
    I'd like to bring up a topic that was raised by one of my guildmates yesterday.

If you make maximum use of the master mission you will in fact be playing solely for stars, and no longer for rewards because those rewards will effectively be cut by a whopping 83, 33%.

Edited to add that since you now have only one round of post mission crates, your chances of having gold/silver crates also decreases so the actual reduction will be even higher than 83, 33%.

You will get 3 boxes to open per round as opposed to 18 now. You pay double gas for the mission but only get the same amount of 3 boxes to open.
    Whilst i understand less rewards given for less play, to an extent, such a dramatic decrease means i will not be maxing out usage of the master mission.

A lot of us, to progress our game, still rely heavily on those much coveted radios/gold/gear we get from the many crates we open. It really adds up over the course of a challenge.

Those who are only focussed on challenge stars won't be bothered but for many players grinding low level missions will continue to be a must.

So good idea, but the way it is executed means the grind will only be reduced very slightly, since the heavy reduction in rewards works as a deterent.

We all remember how cutting the video ads to one every 8 hours hurt our resource gathering. The same will happen with using the master mission to its max.

Fortunately NG understood the problem there and alleviated it somewhat.
    Here is hoping they will do the same when it comes to the reduced rewards from challenge and will allow players to open 6 (still - 66% rewards) or 9 (still - 50% rewards) boxes.
    iBolski
    How about all gold or at minimum all silver and gold crates on master missions

BurmeliinisShadowWalker
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 870
    You could just scavenge for the gas that you save so you only really lose 3-6 crates (due to the double gas cost) but in general I agree that the Master Mission is definitely aimed only at those going for high stars.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Nezoromeo
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,818
    edited September 2019
    @Mario_Romero I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here in the fact that there are actually 2 types of grind in this game. There is the challenge grind which is the chore of repeating the same six maps 30-40 times the first 10-15 being so easy it’s just a matter of point and click. The master stage will help with this.
    Then there is the resource grind, having to play many many many missions to get anything decent from after mission crates, be that gold, radios and gas or gear XP and tomatoes. This second grind is what the whole game revolves around, getting people playing as much and as often as possible. Yes the master map does not help with this grind but it never was meant to. For that grind to be reduced the odds of silver and gold crates after mission would need to be increased and the odds of finding something other than Xp in them increased also. There is however already a grind fix for this it’s called a credit card and that is why this grind will never be reduced drastically.
  • Ozzy99Ozzy99 Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2019

@Fluxxx these figures do not match the "in game" numbers. It seems like the patch note numbers should be switched. Can you verify which is correct?

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,058
    @Ozzy99 Great catch! The table is actually correct, will have it fixed :)
    Ozzy99BWils