critical aim trait

NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 639
So I tested this trait on a shooter with 8* lucky and 8* critical aim and the critical/stun %'s posted in the update notes are not even in the same ballpark.
I suggest looking into this trait to make sure it is working properly.

Have a great day.

Comments

• berg280berg280 Member Posts: 147
    yea it's not even close. I have yet to see a stun on a normal or body shot. got a couple stuns on charge attacks but that's it. been playing all day
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 639
    > @psychwolf said:
    > So you're saying I shouldn't reroll on all my hunters and shooters? Damn. It's not like NG to misrepresent numbers.

Or the traits mechanics/ functionality isn't working properly. That is why i posted.
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 639
    > @berg280 said:
    > yea it's not even close. I have yet to see a stun on a normal or body shot. got a couple stuns on charge attacks but that's it. been playing all day

You have it on a hunter correct? Let's see what they find out after investigating.
    yes on a hunter. 8% plus 20% from lucky means I should average a stun every 4 shot. nope! And 33% plus 20% from lucky should get me a stun at least half the time. Hell no ain't happening lol
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 41
    > @berg280 said:
    > yes on a hunter. 8% plus 20% from lucky means I should average a stun every 4 shot. nope! And 33% plus 20% from lucky should get me a stun at least half the time. Hell no ain't happening lol

That's not how lucky works anymore - for well over a year. Its 8% + (20% of 8%) which is 9.6% total or around 1 every 10.

Second example would equal 33% + (20% OF 33) = 39.6% or 2 of every 5 tries.
    TWDaddictionTCBRITO
    well I didnt know this. thanks for the clarification. i thought it was like it reads on the survivors lol.improves the chances that other traits will take effect by 20%. lucky seems kind of useless now
    MFJigsaw
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    I'm wondering about this new trait. There are only 4 available traits on heroes, and I don't know if the small chance of a stun is worth losing one of the standard four. Maybe on hunters since you can get the small chance multiple times with multiple targets.
    ATLAS-ZromeoShadowWalker
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,112
    edited September 2019
    > @Grendel said:
    > I'm wondering about this new trait. There are only 4 available traits on heroes, and I don't know if the small chance of a stun is worth losing one of the standard four. Maybe on hunters since you can get the small chance multiple times with multiple targets.

It's not I agree, but the fifth trait on your star survivor Hunter....

Lemme go take some pics lol.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"

I'd say I'm gonna find out real quick just how useful it is. I never used Vigilant anyway. Pffft!

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    imacharlieromeoMFJigsawShadowWalker
    ATLAS-Z said:

I'd say I'm gonna find out real quick just how useful it is. I never used Vigilant anyway. Pffft!

I was planning to try it out on a normal survivor (and Vigilant is the trait I will also be replacing.) I was waiting for a few brave souls to roll it first to confirm that it was showing up in the mix.
    ATLAS-Z
    > @Mystique said:
    > I re rolled Vigilant for CA on Sasha and I’m loving it!! Will be great with hunters charged this week! 😁
    > Yes, the normal hits are meh.. but her charged hit was stunning for me more often than not!

I still need revenge on Sasha, no luck so far, but I'd take CA on her in a second.

imacharlie
    edited September 2019
    Got lucky on Sasha reroll and rolled CA. (I replaced Marksman; I figured losing the small weapon damage bump was no big deal.) She is now Critical Aim / Revenge / Lucky / Ruthless. Can't wait to try her out tomorrow.
    aquilaimacharlieShadowWalkerGovernator
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 197
    As lots of people have already said the formula for what luck does is: (Trait %) x (1 + (total luck %)) = final trait %
    As stated here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/297388/#Comment_297388

So luck is not added to the base chance, but multiplied with the base chance to get the increase.

Will accurate be more valuable on weapons now? With 65% on badges and 25% from accurate, you can hit the cap on 90%
    Or will more people prefer sure shot? 35% at 4* if you don't move.

How useful is stunning when it is not guaranteed? And how useful is it to up the % a little bit?
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    rogueDSimacharlie
    Yes, but the main chance is for critical shots, so I would almost disregard the chance for stun on a normal shot.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    psychwolf
  • zerosouLzerosouL Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2019
    psychwolf said:

With a charged attack you're more than likely going to kill the target anyway unless it has very high health. Then you'll be getting body shots and creating a threat at high level trying to get charged again. By that time you'll be swarmed and it defeats the purpose of the trait.

Exactly that. Critical hit should be a 100% stun, current Crit-Stun% should be applied to everything else. Untill then critical aim is close to useless since you would be better with stacking damage and crit damage and killing stuff rather then hoping to stun something. Unless you have 10* Alfa and stack piercing this trait is useless and by the time you 10* her game balance will change, we will have new better heroes, traits, weapons...
    psychwolftallinie
    Yeah, brilliant idea. Just imagine razor nerfed down to 5-10% and see incoming outrage on forums :) Simply brilliant. Or Sashas trait with 10% chance conversion when 10 stars :smiley:
    psychwolfUrbanjesusxbamfx
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 142
    > @Mystique said:
    > Until you have tested it, as I have in many scenarios you really can’t say it’s useless. 🤷‍♀️
    > Do you call razor useless? That is also % based! If you play smart and think ahead (it’s a hunter you’re not having to get close) you can keep yourself out of harms way in case they don’t stun!
    >
    > Reason I rerolled on Sasha is because I still have her set up defensively (that’s the way I like her) so she does not kill level 37+ walkers with a charge attack! Also her leader trait makes it so I can build charges faster!
    >
    > But to each their own!
    > Just don’t claim it to be useless until you’ve actually tried it! 😉

Please, can you put a few screenshots? (weapon+ armor, traits/skills and badgets?

Thanks in advance!
    psychwolf said:

With a charged attack you're more than likely going to kill the target anyway unless it has very high health. Then you'll be getting body shots and creating a threat at high level trying to get charged again. By that time you'll be swarmed and it defeats the purpose of the trait.

You don't need a charged attack to get high %-chance, a critical hit is enough.
    magic said:

psychwolf said:

You don't need a charged attack to get high %-chance, a critical hit is enough.
    Maybe on lower levels but not when most of your attacks are going to be bodyshots=no criticals=silly stun %chance
    Gradypsychwolf
    Not playing very much on high levels, but I see your point. Would that mean you would need piercing, and then maybe get a 15% chance of stunning?
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,212
    Mystique said:

Until you have tested it, as I have in many scenarios you really can’t say it’s useless. 🤷‍♀️
    Do you call razor useless? That is also % based! If you play smart and think ahead (it’s a hunter you’re not having to get close) you can keep yourself out of harms way in case they don’t stun!

Reason I rerolled on Sasha is because I still have her set up defensively (that’s the way I like her) so she does not kill level 37+ walkers with a charge attack! Also her leader trait makes it so I can build charges faster!

But to each their own!
    Just don’t claim it to be useless until you’ve actually tried it! 😉

Maybe you could post a video :D
    ShadowWalker
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 371
    Have it on shooter is stupid, as normal walkers you will kill until RSL45 with crit and body shots have to low chances to root.

So the only way you can use it is only on high level SWAT, as tanks cannot be rooted with this trait
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 713
    ATLAS-Z said:

Interesting. Don't think I've seen the use of 3 CC badges on a hunter. That could be a good idea with crit aim though, Any idea how often you get crits? Thinking a silver wide bor / gold pierce/luck would work good too.
    romeo