Profanity in Game

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @Weishen if your kid is under the age of 17, why are you allowing him to play in the 1st place?

This is more about a bad decision that you made vs the game allowing bad language... and to demand the player be banished is absurd... if anything your account should be banished because you let a kid play an adult game...

In other words, you sir are the one that did not follow the rules...

• asboqueenasboqueen Member Posts: 3
    Am loling hard here!!! I can honestly say I don't think I have ever looked at a players character name not even my own.. they could be called flopsy mopsy and tripe tickler for all I care or for all it matters.. iv read other ppl saying u object to "rude" names but don't find the act of beheading another character detrimental to your CHILD??? You should take note of what people are saying and maybe switch to candy crush or panda pop..
    ggbatskidnapkinSurvivor420Kj_Texasz3r0d4z3
  • stephyp23stephyp23 Member Posts: 15

GMaKickass says your argument is invalid.
    Survivor420
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    Or just say no thank you and instead of suck whack it off with your nightly sword.
    Felecia
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    2 or of 5 stars for creativity.
  • RicKReaPerRicKReaPer Member Posts: 48
    SmittY no smutty names now ;) lol

• naturalmysticnaturalmystic Member Posts: 40
    As a parent of an 8 year old avid gamer. This game is off limits to him. So I have no problem with players changing names.

BTW, there is a guy who names his defenders variations of the work f**k.

I was amused.
    Sappy187z3r0d4z3
  • naturalmysticnaturalmystic Member Posts: 40
    SmittY said:

Big ups to this post. Didnt know I could change names. Now I have names that I think go better with the faces. Thanks to that kid and the guy who is mad.

I agree. I was jealous that I couldn't name my toons. Thanks to the thread creator. Might get creative in a non-offensive way.

• SilentEd24SilentEd24 Member Posts: 1
    Your children play this game? This is irresponsible!
    [Deleted User]
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Roflmfao - that contains a rude word.
    Please copy and paste this thread under my "please make me laugh" thread. It was me that clicked lol @Weishen
    Sorry you are offended but how can each 3 words Dick (short for Richard), Suck and My be monitored by a system?
    Anyhow I'd like to thank you for the distraction.
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • VossVoss Member Posts: 46
    I'm fine with abusive ignorant or hateful names being deleted or the player turfed or whatever but this game clearly says 17+
    If you're fine with blowing that off and letting your kid play on your account you don't really have dog in this fight.

Please don't leave your kid playing on the net unsupervised.
  • ZombieGameDavidZombieGameDavid Member Posts: 7
    FWIW, "Suck," "My," and "Dick" are all valid given names. According to howmanyofme.com, there are approximately 1611 people in the US named Suck, and 4833 people in the US named My.

What's the problem?
    ZeenaggbatsSipher07
  • FreddyJnrFreddyJnr Member Posts: 20
    This is ridiculous in my opinion. If the game has a 17+ rating, there's no reason to "banish" this player. He's said nothing that would offend most 15yr olds!

If you're allowing your kids to play this, call of duty or whatever, you only have yourself to blame. I'd be more concerned as a parent letting my kids see brains being blown out that seeing something like this. People were saying stuff like that at my school when I was 9-10!
    WalkerBait1
  • snolpesnolpe Member Posts: 93
    Banish this player @MomofSnolpe please hes a troll @Teeceezy
    Lawdog
  • MizzyMizzy Member Posts: 14
    The OP probably lost the raid and got angry so they tried getting the player banned.

If your child saw those names what's the problem? If he/she knows the meaning of them, then obviously he/she seen em before. If they're seeing it for the first time I'm sure "bad word" isn't the first thing they think it is.
    Lawdogz3r0d4z3
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Suppose he'd put them in a different order. Dick my suck, for example.
    Would you want him banned then?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Annette578Sappy187
  • akaaliasakaalias Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for name change info. Agree with the prevailing opinion; The parents should censor not NG.
  • JetlocoJetloco Member Posts: 19
    Weishen said:

My kid play sometimes with my account and he found this!!!

I cant tolerate in a game to see such people like this..

Developpers i will appreciate if you banish this player coz he doesnt respect the rules...

Ahaha its like taking him to a strip club and complain about theres naked girls all over the place, its a +16 game for obvious reasons, gore and violence here
    Ayylmao 420
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 28
    This thread made me laugh.
    3 words; joined together; to elicit a response - BIG problem
    Heads rolling; blood everywhere; bullet-strewn bodies - NO problem!

Makes you wonder where people's heads are at sometimes :D
    Pizzleggbats
  • CanadougCanadoug Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2016

Hey! Can I name my team "Trump, Cruz, and Rubio" ????

And pour gold into building a wall for my compound !!!
    akaalias
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    If profanity disturbs you more than violence in this game, frankly imo, you should just lock yourself in a dark cellar and toss away the key. Sure, that is immature stuff, but seriously? Ridiculous to be upset about stuff like this.

Secondly, if you let your kid play a game that in the first place isn't suitable for their age, you have no right to complain about anything that upsets them. Period.
  • DramaDrama Member Posts: 39
    No you may not. Someone may get offended!! You can only rename your player after apostles and saints.
  • akaaliasakaalias Member Posts: 26
    Changed my Outpost toons to No TradeGoods Available. Ya think that'll stop raiders?
    Survivor420
  • DegreaserDegreaser Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2016
    nemesis said:

This thread made me laugh.
    3 words; joined together; to elicit a response - BIG problem
    Heads rolling; blood everywhere; bullet-strewn bodies - NO problem!

Makes you wonder where people's heads are at sometimes :D

My head is here: rolling heads, blood, bullets? Fits in perfectly in a game about zombie apocalypse.

3rd grade jokes that Beavis and Butthead would look down on? A bit distracting, not funny, and not at all in keeping with the show.
    zosonSurvivor420
  • DegreaserDegreaser Member Posts: 72
    For the record, I don't care about banning anyone. Just pointing out that names like that are stupid. I'd be very glad to see this dumb stuff filtered. Even if (GASP!) the filter isn't perfect.
    hottexasSurvivor420
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    My suggested fix:
    Have a word filter of explicit words.
    When you match a player, survivor names are scanned for the words(even combined, so if one survivor has half the word, and another has the other half, they'll be detected).
    Then, if any explicit words are detected, simply roll the random name generator for each character to display.
    However, do NOT change the names physically, just display to the other player.

That way the person gets to keep their names, however bad they may be, and the other person doesn't have to see them.

Everyone remains happy because ignorance is bliss.
    TUCO
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Somehow, I suspect this is a low priority on the developer's to-do list.
    masmith93atrainofficialhottexasSappy187
  • mongo911mongo911 Member Posts: 939
    Hey...

We're we go...

" you're life becomes so much better when you remove all the negative people from it "

As said by " Pol Pot "....

Dam fine words... From a man of action...

I'm gonna name my next " Legendary Killer " after him...

Thanks mods...

Sigh...
    I am easily confused by other people's, laziness and sloppiness and greed...

Any guess who might " now " be on my list, ( in 2017 )

hottexas