critical aim trait

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,879
    > @Deadheads said:
    > (Quote)
    > Interesting. Don't think I've seen the use of 3 CC badges on a hunter. That could be a good idea with crit aim though, Any idea how often you get crits? Thinking a silver wide bor / gold pierce/luck would work good too.

In a 100% body shot environment he pretty much crits 1/4 to 1/3 of his hits. I'm excited to try pairing him with Alpha.

Like most of you I've not played my ranged guys as much prior to this update, but maybe now they can stick a toe in the door once more?

I'm not super blown away by the ranged improvements, but we'll see I guess.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    tabernacNerfZone187romeo
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > @Deadheads said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > Interesting. Don't think I've seen the use of 3 CC badges on a hunter. That could be a good idea with crit aim though, Any idea how often you get crits? Thinking a silver wide bor / gold pierce/luck would work good too.
    >
    > In a 100% body shot environment he pretty much crits 1/4 to 1/3 of his hits. I'm excited to try pairing him with Alpha.
    >
    > Like most of you I've not played my ranged guys as much prior to this update, but maybe now they can stick a toe in the door once more?
    >
    > I'm not super blown away by the ranged improvements, but we'll see I guess.

17 out of 18 body shots from 35-43 rsl walkers

1 stun

I don't lob grenades in the forum for no reason all of the time. 😊
    psychwolf
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 161
    1 stun out of 17 body shots is around 6%, which I agree is a bit low; but you probably should have only gotten 2 stuns.
    0 stuns out of 1 critical hit is obviously 0%, but it is only one data point.

I think 18 shots is way too small a sampling, especially when dealing with small percentages.
    imacharlie
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    edited September 25
    > @Grendel said:
    > (Quote)
    >

Disregard
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,662
    edited September 25
    I rerolled Tara's DS and got Critical Aim. That might work out pretty well. I use Tara for Freemen missions so my guys can heal up after getting hit by Freemen who take 2+ shots to kill. Stunning them might help me take less damage and not be so reliant on the Healing Charge to rebuild the health bar. At the very least, it's better than DS.
    Mystiquebigbeanoromeoimacharlie
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    Mystique said:

Y’all can crunch numbers all day... But try it on RSL 37-39 (that’s as far as I am Atm 😅) on Evacuation and Nightly Visitors and then tell me it sucks! 🤷‍♀️
    No regrets getting rid of vigilant on Sasha! 😁

I assume you'd already re-rolled Sure Shot - or do you value that over Vigilant?
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,280
    > @Mystique said:
    > Y’all can crunch numbers all day... But try it on RSL 37-39 (that’s as far as I am Atm 😅) on Evacuation and Nightly Visitors and then tell me it sucks! 🤷‍♀️
    > No regrets getting rid of vigilant on Sasha! 😁

I sure would've liked to have seen a video of that. How useful it is on NV, 37-39 RSL.
    Btw, I'm telling you right now it sucks.
    Firekidbigbeano
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    @Mystique does it stun all walkers in the line with sasha?
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    I could be wrong, but I believe that there is x% chance of a stun for every walker she hits in an attack. It's not all or none; each is a separate roll of the dice. (It works the way her leader trait works; she gets charges for some of the body shots she makes during an attack.)
    psychwolfromeoDanski_46Mystique
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,865
    I like Critical Aim. I switched Sure Shot for CA in my hunter. In the following video you can see a stun at the end. Normally i have 2 or 3 stuns on charged attacks. They are good in high levels :)

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    romeoCrazyDCaptainslayerimacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    Yeah my partner got a critical aim hunter on her mini account and absolutely loves it!
    Mystique
    edited September 29
    Capi, I counted 15 shots from your hunter that didn't kill anything or stun. I must have missed the stun cause I didn't see it in your video. Am I missing something? 0 out of 15 is not a good trait. I will take sure shot any day over that.

Edit: 15 targets hit by your hunter that didn't stun.
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    I counted 2 stun. Quite low but it helps i guess. Works almost like interupt though 😁
    Okay I see now in the video when the message comes up. It stunned once near the end in 22 targets hit. It could be debatable how many it stunned that last charge attack cause you hit 3 at once and 2 died. One or even 2 out of 22 are not very good odds.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,873
    @psychwolf you would really want sureshot and critical aim as they work well together. It’s the critical hits which have the best chance to stun. I’d probably remove marksman for critical aim rather than sureshot. Then it’s just a case of piercing activating which is the real issue with range (and the threat) I think the trait is a step in the right direction though.
    Mystique
    Removing marksman or SS just to accommodate a mediocre trait at best that only kicks in once in a blue moon seems ridiculous.
    psychwolf said:

Okay I see now in the video when the message comes up. It stunned once near the end in 22 targets hit. It could be debatable how many it stunned that last charge attack cause you hit 3 at once and 2 died. One or even 2 out of 22 are not very good odds.

..uhm... consider that the chance in normal attacks is nothing... 9%... never had... but i always have in charged attacks...it's 36% ..and if you look carefully that i had only 2 charged attacks. The first one when i killed the the 2 walkers and the second when i stunned the armored
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    And also.. is SureShot worth when playing 40+ walkers?
    edited September 29
    For Sasha, regarding critical aim viability, I think it depends on how you use her.

Many top tier players use here more in support role than a strictly offensive role. For these guys CA seems a given.

Myself I'm on the fence...

I still have her fully offensive powerhouse, x3 damage x2 crit damage, x1 crit chance.

And I think these are my personal unicorn traits:

Marksman
    Lucky
    Revenge
    Ruthless

(I don't have revenge yet)

I really want CA on her, but I can't see sacrificing any of those traits?

I've considered reworking her to have some defense for the support role, but so far I haven't pulled the trigger. I like the insane damage she can put out.

And if I want CA, I have to make a sacrifice, like @psychwolf said, it seems hard when it doesn't reliably active.

Torn here TBH
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    EMAIL US --> [email protected].com
    Isn't Marksman roughly the equivalent of a 5-6% Damage badge?

And Sure-shot depends on you not moving and your 30% chance of piercing kicking in.

Everything I do on my main survivors is to either try to get farther in challenge or to make hard distance a bit easier (to prepare for the harder version that will hopefully come out at some point). So to me it was worth giving CA a chance with Sasha. A few stuns from CA has already made a difference in challenge for me this week. (Got 3* on Narrow Path master mission at RSL47 - honestly a fluke possible only due to the map design. I normally max out at 40/41 getting 1*. But I could not have done it at 3* without those stuns.)

It was worth a gamble, and so far I am happy with the results.
    Burmeliinisimacharlie
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 256
    edited September 29
    My Sasha does 8771 in damage with marksman lvl 5 (15%), which amounts to 635 in damage, which again amounts to a 13% damage badge. So it compares to an extra green damage badge.

My Sasha does 8771 in damage with marksman lvl 5 (15%), which amounts to 635 in damage, which again amounts to a 13% damage badge. So it compares to an extra green damage badge.

I don't quite follow the math. For 635 bonus damage from 15% Marksman, the base weapon damage would be 4233? I'm not sure what hunter weapon that would be. For a standard L29 that does 3322, 15% would be 498.

I don't think we can use 8771, because that number may already include boosts from damage badges and lethal.
    So here's a question.

If you're in favor of giving CA a chance on Sasha in particular, what is your unicorn set for her now?
    ATLAS-Z said:

So here's a question.

If you're in favor of giving CA a chance on Sasha in particular, what is your unicorn set for her now?

Revenge / Lucky / Ruthless

My main use for Sasha is to deal damage and recharge others in Distance. So I don't risk much by adding CA. Mostly I think it may help a bit in Distance.

I do the Sasha/Assaults team for fun sometimes in challenge, but standard melee is what I use for the highest levels of challenge that I can get to. When I get stuck in challenge, sometimes I will try oddball combinations. Occasionally I come across something that works to scrape by a particular map. Usually they get slaughtered. This is just one more thing to try.
    romeo
    For reference, my Sasha has Marksman 16%

I took away -16% worth of damage badge bonus and...

I think this should accurately mimic what would happen if I scrapped Marksman?

romeoimacharlie
    edited September 30
    The way I understand it:
    Marksman 16% bonus ONLY boosts weapon damage (+16% of 3322 for standard L29 hunter weapon).
    Badge 16% bonus boosts weapon damage and natural Sasha damage.

I tested this by removing all damage badges and lethal from Sasha, noted the damage values, then added back a badge. To make the numbers match up exactly, remember that the badge screen rounds the % values when you get the 20% bonus from sets of 4.

For 16% Marksman you should lose 16% x 3322 = 532 damage for a standard L29 hunter weapon. I'm guessing 532 is around 5% of Sasha's weapon + natural damage combined, so roughly a +5% badge.
    romeoATLAS-Z
    Right right, I forgot that. Cool thanks