Nightly visitors +45 RSL

How are you guys at the top of the leaderboard getting by NV at +45 RSL and higher? You must be really awesome players. Are there any videos of this so we can watch in amazement? There must be!
red111Billdingeraquila

Comments

• psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,344
    I wanna see how the pros do it :(
    Billdinger
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,093
    There are a couple strategies you can explore on that map @psychwolf. You can overwatch in the beginning to clear out a few walkers and charge (although hunters are charged) and also get Rick charged with the spear if you have it while blocking the spawn.

At those levels the health of the tanks becomes an issue so if you can't burn them out a bit you will need a bruiser to take hits if needed. If you can create a walker wall of stunned walkers while the tanks burn that can help. Also spawn blocking is helpful.

I am not at 45 and probably won't be since I am going to wait for healing but just some preliminary thoughts.
    Thanks, I understand the strategies used for the most part. I would just like to see it put to use by the top players. Seems almost impossible at that level. I would want to show off if I could get 2900 stars or more on this challenge :)
    That's a pretty awesome vid @bladgier but it's still hard for me to grasp taking on level 46 tanks or higher on that map and making it out alive. Some people can apparently.
    Plus spawns in the 49-50 range by the time you'd be getting through the last bit.
    In the interest of fair play, since that's what we're all striving for, I hope @Fluxxx can look into the top players on the leaderboard for this challenge. Just to check if anyone is using exploits. Unless NG is already aware of this :)
    There may have been changes made in the update to crack down on this but there still seems to be a way around it. Thank you!
    Billdingerimacharlie
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,076
    And how far down the leaderboards do you want them to check? Just the top 5 or whole of top 20?
    TeenahGee
    edited September 2019
    The scores seem legit. I can see it being done especially when you can play master missions (on an easy map especially) and go to the next round.

The known prior cheaters don't seem to be killing it more than others this week so think it's all good @psychwolf ;)
    edited September 2019
    > @psychwolf said:
    > In the interest of fair play, since that's what we're all striving for, I hope @Fluxxx can look into the top players on the leaderboard for this challenge. Just to check if anyone is using exploits. Unless NG is already aware of this :)
    > There may have been changes made in the update to crack down on this but there still seems to be a way around it. Thank you!

I took this statement as you accusing people directly of using exploits but after I did some research myself I think I may know what you could have been referring too....

Well if people downloaded that new thing that we cannot discuss, then if or when they are found out they better get ready for the wrath:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40787/punishment-for-the-network-exploit-during-challenge-missions#latest

#WhyIamFree2PlayNow
    A few people seem to be personally offended by the notion that some players may still be using exploits even after the update. I wonder why that is?
    - I have no aspirations of being near the top of the leaderboard or on it at all.
    - I have seen some videos and scores from several good players close to 2500 who I know do not cheat.
    - Scoring close to or above 3000 stars would mean at some point, the top players would have to make it by nightly visitors a few times above RSL 45, even taking into account the master missions.
    - I would like to see hard evidence of a player doing this. Are there any videos? Do they exist? I am certain there are none.
    So if it's a conspiracy theory to question the integrity of the leaderboard taking into account all these points, then prove me wrong. I'll wait.
    I thought people cared about "fair play" so why would it matter if I request Fluxxx to look into it? Unless you have some sort of stake in it...
    vshield50bigbeanoBilldinger
    edited September 2019
    The larger problem as I see it is that it is completly "plausable" that someone would use a mod since it is only a one week ban for the first offense (courtesy of NG president).

If it was a 1 year ban for first offense I think that most people would be hard pressed to even consider using it. But for a week? Yeah why not right? Worth the risk if you can keep the gains or not get caught?

The system is broken which may be part of the reason it is even questionable now. There is something out there right now so who knows...

And @psychwolf I question how many people really do care about fair play. Heck NG showed us how much they care. Caused me to step back from the game and out of events like NW and such. But I will transition into F2P nicely I think so I am thankful for that...
    psychwolfbigbeano
    So does NG care about cheating anymore or do you just remain silent on on now? @Fluxxx
    To score over 3000 on this challenge doesn't even seem like the mechanics of the game would allow it. I've yet to see a video of NV over RSL 45. A legit one doesn't exist.
    Billdinger
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,112
    You might need 10 star toons and perfect badges so I could see 46 or even 47 being possible. I hit 44 with less than perfect badges and 2 pink Stabby Rick, Drive by Daryl and Morgan. I’m sure other combos work for that map, maybe even fire.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,971
    I tried a bunch of times on 44.2 and I was so, so far away. There was just no way, but I'm not about to throw accusations out there.

I suspect there is a clever way to manipulate the spawns and walkers whilst letting incendiary do the work. Since there are many competitive guilds people aren't always obligated to share their strategies and that's fair enough to me.
    Danski_46Mario_RomeroKarajocaimacharlie
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 619
    @WellyLuga definitely seen a reduction in public high level videos in the last month or two
    14 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 880
    I've seen a video from Sigi GK at 44.2, wouldn't surprise me if some big spenders could go further.
    imacharlie
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    I'm going for 1500 this week.

Wish me luck
    Cronuspsychwolfbigbeanoromeo
  • NerfZone187NerfZone187 Member Posts: 546
    > @Danski_46 said:
    > I've seen a video from Sigi GK at 44.2, wouldn't surprise me if some big spenders could go further.

it would suprise me to see a successful 47.2 NV video 😂
    Danski_46psychwolf
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,105
    My attempt to skip 44.2 and hit 50. Took me all day to get past NV and I was able to handle it for a few. Seemed easier

tallinieBurmeliinis
    See, I've seen plenty of vids at 43, even 44. That seems possible for the best legit players. They also say at that level, they had to push it to their limits and make multiple attempts.
    Competitive guilds seem to have a lot to hide. There's nothing you can do on that map that we don't already know about besides manipulate it.
    Burmeliinis
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 880