Master Mission - Feedback

Comments

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    > @reekookr said:
    > This seems to only be for high level players, where as nothing added to lower level players. Low level players should get like 9 reward boxes instead each mission for free, to counter the unfair setup

Can you share how it is? We just do one mission +6 to get the same stars you get for doing all 6 missions. Fair to me. Actually I did more work so maybe I should get more? Lol
    Edd8
  • Jasmine13Jasmine13 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 26
    if you do the individual challenges, what would happen if i ALSO did the Master SKIP and what if i only got 2 stars? Would that cancel out what I did on the individual games or add 2 more stars?
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 177
    No @Jasmine13 I couldn't do pyre at level 33 I think but just got to last Master stage map still 3 starring. 36 is my next one. When I got 2 stars on master I went back to play all of them for the 3
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,684
    edited September 26
    > @Grendel said:
    > A trap I fell into: If you try multiple times to clear a master mission, you can easily end up spending more time/gas than you would have if you ran the 6 normal missions. So just dip once and END IT.

Me too haha. But it's ok, I call it a playtest fee. Lol.

Next time I'm punching out a little earlier.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    romeo
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 177
    I love the master challenge. I am okay with +6. I would not go lower than 5+ if everyone finished the challenge in 2 days no mans land would get shut down. This is for people that have lots of round passes and hit 40+ I hit it once I usually get to round 38 39. Great job @Fluxxx @Shteevie and next games workers. For people that are with lower level survivors you will love this when they get higher.
    ATLAS-ZJenngromeoFluxxx
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    Everyone needs to make an effort to keep their playtime / gas usage up. If NG sees a drop-off with the implementation of the master mission, bad things (or fewer good things) will likely happen.
    rogueDSBWils
    > @Grendel said:
    > Everyone needs to make an effort to keep their playtime / gas usage up. If NG sees a drop-off with the implementation of the master mission, bad things (or fewer good things) will likely happen.

I agree, use the extra time to push further or spend time on other game modes.

Cheers!
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    > @rogueDS said:
    > I love the master challenge. I am okay with +6. I would not go lower than 5+ if everyone finished the challenge in 2 days no mans land would get shut down. This is for people that have lots of round passes and hit 40+ I hit it once I usually get to round 38 39. Great job @Fluxxx @Shteevie and next games workers. For people that are with lower level survivors you will love this when they get higher.

Good point, +5 seems a reasonable number. And they could always run events that temporarily drop it lower... say if guild wars came back and we needed to be able to finish the challenge quicker.
    JenngBurmeliinis
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    It's all math.

Everyone should ask themselves how many maps they want to play (after doing all the master missions you can) before getting to a level where it is challenging to do three stars?

RSL penalty = (# of nonchallenging maps you want to grind through) / 12

For example, if you feel like 48 is a reasonable number of maps to grind through, then you want an RSL of 4.

My magic number is 36 (RSL +3).
    AchillesVtabernac
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 68
    edited September 27
    Because of this screenshot i believe +6 should stay, maybe +5 but definitely not lower.
    It's true that maybe only after 2 or 3 skips at start you have to play whole round,but in almost every challenge there are 'easy' maps that can be 3-starred on 40+ difficulty
    Also i never bothered being perfect after lvl35, now i was until 39.
    Saved time and gas, and fact that you are able to score 1500+ in just after few hours of challenge start are very motivating, lowers the pressure and let me have my weekends free not worriyng will i make it to desired star count.

It's definitely a big success!

Speaking this as someone who usually score 2025-2200 per challenge, and looking forward to beat my PB of 2350.
    I know players who scored less enjoy this change less then me, but that's normal.
    Still, everyone are in profit!

Happy hunting :)
    ATLAS-ZBurmeliinisaquilaShadowWalker
  • TeenahGeeTeenahGee Member Posts: 260
    Love it @ATLAS-Z ! As a person who is time challenged, it helps me score more. I did about 3 in the beginning, but did the easier map everytime it came up. My goal was to get 12 RPs, so I didn't even mind when I lost a star on the MM.
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 245
    The gas booster obviously helped this week also, but I totally agree with @Karajoca. I did a new PB of 1900 stars and didn't really play at all during the weekend, which was really cool. Pretty much all map sets have some easy and some really hard maps, so with a too small difficulty increase you would keep playing the master missions most of the time, which obviously was not the intention. So agree that +5 would be perfect!
    KarajocaromeoATLAS-Z
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    Being again so exhausted due to grind, i can tell master missions are not working as expected even if they are working as intended by NG.

I can definitely see the potential but +6 is not delivering it. But as with everyone else I was cherry picking MMs after I could no longer get 3*s out of all of them.

I would fix: max +3. No possibility to play MM any longer after you skip it once. No possibility to replay MM on same round.
    KarajocaSg_DeathFirekidbigbeanoromeovshield50JackBauercrambert_nec
  • SoniaSonia Member Posts: 5
    I'm a high lvl and my men are sitting at 2 to 3 pink stars. But I personally cannot get pass lvl 33 nor score any higher then 1200 stars. May i ask how are some players able to get 2000 plus stars??
    > @Sonia said:
    > I'm a high lvl and my men are sitting at 2 to 3 pink stars. But I personally cannot get pass lvl 33 nor score any higher then 1200 stars. May i ask how are some players able to get 2000 plus stars??

80% damage reduction? Use your bruisers every mission?

There's lots of YouTube videos showing good strategies
    romeo
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 258
    I didn't have much time to play this week. I didn't even get to complete the Distance on Mon/Tues which is what I usually do. However, thanks to the Master Mission I was able to get around the same score I usually do, complete the Distance, and actually go outside and breathe fresh air this weekend!

Even though I played less, I enjoyed the game way more because I was able to play levels that I normally can't reach due to time and gas restraints.

While NG may be worried about players playing less, I don't think they should worry. How many players have quit because of the grind? I have taken breaks from the game because it was too much at times and I have considered quitting as well. You definitely won't make money if players keep leaving the game. In fact I am more likely to buy weapons and other bundles because I can play more challenging levels and I would need better gear for them.

Thanks NG for implementing @ATLAS-Z idea, I'll probably be playing this game for another 3 years now! Cheers!
    ZetteJenngJaden
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 249
    > @jrodrf2 said:
    > I nearly always run out of time before I run out of effort. I believe my highest round ever was level 34 walkers. Last night, I three starred a level 35 master mission first try. Not only has this given me the confidence that I can succeed at that level, skipping rounds will actually give me time to try. I'm happy with it.
    >
    > Would be ok with +5, but +4 might be pushing it. I agree that it's not supposed to let you skip through the whole challenge.

Just as a follow up to my previous post: I was among many that recorded PB this weekend. I did so in both stars (by 51) and level (by 1). I also manged to finish 2 MM at the last minute (Midnight Snack at lvl 40 and Narrow Path at 41) to get one more round pass. All this and I felt like I played challenge a little less than usual. I definitely approve of the Master Stage👍
    ShadowWalkerpsychwolfBurmeliinisJenng
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,087
    edited September 30
    > @Sonia said:
    > I'm a high lvl and my men are sitting at 2 to 3 pink stars. But I personally cannot get pass lvl 33 nor score any higher then 1200 stars. May i ask how are some players able to get 2000 plus stars??

No survivors over 2* in this one at lvl 50.

*Edited for clarity
    SPC_TORRESJenngpsychwolfAndrea
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 726
    @Cronus I have seen 3* on that map at rsl 50, @mimica did it.
    Jenngmimica
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Still too much grind. Change it to +4
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    TCBRITOtallinie
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,087
    > @Danski_46 said:
    > @Cronus I have seen 3* on that map at rsl 50, @mimica did it.

My comment regarding 2* was the survivors level being used. It’s amazing how far you can get with 1 and 2 pink survivors if you know how to use them. Many, many slayers 3* this map at lvl 50. @BloodyChainsaw and @EZone gave me the blueprint how to handle it.
    Danski_46Jenngmimica
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,059
    > @Sonia said:

Easy. Drop them walker slaying skills. Go to FB and you can check out many videos from top level players and yours truly. Well just me playing around.
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 123
    I think the best option,is to do the same with distance. Give us the option to select difficult mode before starting challenge:

difficult mode (6 more levels) or easy mode (3 more levels)
    > @Mojaku said:
    > I think the best option,is to do the same with distance. Give us the option to select difficult mode before starting challenge:
    >
    > difficult mode (6 more levels) or easy mode (3 more levels)

Not possible with everyone on one leaderboard.

Now I suppose there could be a "big kids table" leaderboard and "little kids table leaderboard"?

Doesn't seem like that would be too difficult to implement?
    Jenng