Fast Walkers??

Comments

• WALKERS CAN'T DODGE....they never have and they NEVER WILL! If these were in the show I would understand their inclusion, but they aren’t. Someone else can comment and let me know if there are dodging walkers in the comic. Even WWZ zombies dont dodge....

Walkers don’t dodge....make them faster or stronger....but unless they are whisperers (who NG have already added), they don’t dodge. IMO - This is kind of a cheap add on to mess things up.
    MFJigsawCrowTRobotDrhooSgtSalami
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 127
    Now wouldn't that be a fantastic hero for some fancy strategy @ATLAS-Z

Could even say the drive by itself does no damage only limits movement.
    ATLAS-Z
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,793
    ATLAS-Z said:

Hmmmm actually might be better as a weapon trait or a survivor trait

How about a new weapon ?

CoolsebATLAS-ZJenngGovernator
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,695
    Haha awesome I love it
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    @Other_Brother_Daryl it's true, walkers can't Dodge...

But it's also true that attacking something with a gun, sword, shovel, rock, etc never hits with 100% accuracy.

Technically, before skinny walkers, every Bruiser batted 1000, and every granny with a gun was a legendary sniper.

Didn't look at it as the Walker dodging, just look at it as your troops ...missing ;-)
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Other_Brother_DarylMFJigsaw
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 46
    Walker Dodging.... Or when you confuse breaking the grind and frustrating your players
    GovernatorJadenMFJigsaw
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,808
    @ShadowWalker you realise you’ve just described alphas leader trait yeah?
    edited October 10
    Hey @Fluxxx my man, it's just a matter of verbiage here...

Ask your team to change the word that pops up over a fast walkers head from "Dodge" to "Miss"

And since everything else in this game is an "Auto-hit", you can refer to the characteristic as... wait for it...

"Auto-hit Reduction"

***Mic drop***
    SPC_TORRESArtminius
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 261
    > @Firekid said:
    > @ShadowWalker you realise you’ve just described alphas leader trait yeah?

She doesn't decrease enemy Dodge or Bullet Dodge though. Besides plenty of LT supplement existing traits. Daryl-Silence, Michonne-Threat Reduction/SS, Gabriel-Dodge/Luck, etc.

So I was thinking a weapon/survivor trait that would be like -10/15% enemy Dodge/BD and +15/20% critical chance or whatever. It would be good for maps with fast walkers, Guild Wars, and Outpost.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,808
    @Troublemaker Have you got “interactive jackpot machine” saved somewhere you can copy and paste it or do you type it out every time?
    TroublemakerShadowWalkerATLAS-ZBalubanPicGovernatorJadenDrhoo
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 304
    OK, @ATLAS-Z has the right of it: If it didn't say, "Dodge," would everyone be annoyed?

Setting aside arguments of verisimilitude in a game about magical undead zombies that can move and perceive things... suppose the skinny walkers are, like, just janky and staggering and spasming? They don't dodge, per se... they are pop-locking and your nerds are aiming and swinging and stabbing wildly to try to connect. Sometimes you totally wiff; sometimes you catch a limb or the torso (body shot), sometimes you hit the head hard and pieces fly off (normal shot); and sometimes you blast the brainpan out the backside (critical).

@Fluxxx , maybe just change the "Dodged" notification to "Missed Shot" (parallel Body Shot), and then the only complaints will be about the added RNG and hard-to-gauge movement ranges.

Personally, I don't find the RNG onerous. I have to take care to setup so that, if I miss with one, I'm backing up with another... or moving WAY away (Bow takes first shot, then RUN! Or any Tactical weapon). No big deal.
    But that damned angular-movement advantage... yeah, I've bitched about that one since Day One. I told myself, "Well, it's the Zs' only advantage"... but that ain't really true in this age of metalheads and such. And with a double movement range of a skinny... well, as I said above: It's a new calculus to master; new positioning to watch out for. Heck, I *still* get caught out not accounting for 3-space diagonal moves! :lol:
    SPC_TORRES
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 6
    C'est vraiment abusé ces Z! C'est quoi le rapport avec la Serie ?! Ça commence a être du n'importe quoi ce jeu... a chaque mise a jour, soit il y a des bug ou ils cherchent comment ce faire plus de tune... pff... rien avoir avec la série! Bientot les Z vont prendre aussi les armes ? Ou tous les types de Z vont être des Usain Z!
    SPC_TORRESSgtSalami
    > @Firekid said:
    > @Troublemaker Have you got “interactive jackpot machine” saved somewhere you can copy and paste it or do you type it out every time?

I think he only said it once on each fast Walker thread? Which amounts to...

A couple times?

Lol
    JenngTroublemaker
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 89
    Every comment I read from you @Troublemaker is negative and very rarely helpful, we understand what your saying and I get your frustration but moaning and hating on NG at every move they make is getting old. Take a chill dude
    TroublemakerpsychwolfBalubanPicDbl_Edge_DEPMFJigsawDrhoo
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,246
    Being critical gets shit done. Being complacent doesn't change a thing.
    TroublemakerMFJigsawDrhoo
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 10
    @Mario_Romero
    That is a interesting route to walk indeed.

I think I've seen something similar with a regular walker. (It was 3 spaces away from my bruiser, wandering. my glass cannon was next to the bruiser. If the walker moved just 2 spots it would've hit my bruiser, but it moved 1 to my bruiser and then one diagonal to my glass cannon).

I do believe, they like to finish their movements first. It walks his moves, then wherever it ends up, it will attack the closest target. (Only if they where wandering!)

I even recall, walkers close enough to attack but wandering (3 spaces away). Get aggressive during their turn, but already took a route where it doesn't end next to my survivor. Then your lucky.
    GovernatorJenngcapibaraMario_Romero
  • PicPic Member Posts: 835
    @Troublemaker is probably one of the most helpful people in my guild. Forum is a wide range of stuff. If you're looking for unicorns and rainbows candy land is a great game.
    Meh these walkers suck. Just when you're thinking you're at a safe distance. He jooks around his slow brother and slaps the hell out of a scout. Passing by a Bruiser or two.
    psychwolfBWilsTroublemakerMFJigsaw
    Here's an interesting question:

How much XP do you get for killing a Fast Walker? In relation to same level normal walkers?
    I suppose it's better to be Gentleman disguised as an Asshat than an Asshat disguised as a Gentleman...

I'll take that any day.

Cheers ;-)
    Danski_46Troublemaker
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    @Troublemaker I don't know you, but @Firekid has a point. You say this same phrase more often than I care to count. Why continue playing if you feel like the player base is being conned? The sentiment has truth to it, but we already know now. Message NG directly and a make a formal complaint perhaps.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    psychwolfPicBalubanDrhoo
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,793
    edited October 11
    @ATLAS-Z
    Just slowed the game play down on my lowest account
    It was the same as a normal walker. Will try to get a screen shot

Edit: added pictures
    Went to one of my mains

GovernatorJenngcapibara