Fast Walkers??

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,307
    > @Gothgul said:
    > Why accept them at all? Fast walkers have no precedent in the show or comic. No walker can dodge a melee attack, unless they are a whisperer. No walker can dodge a bullet, including a whisperer. Human bullet dodge should also be removed as plain stupid.
    >
    > Why are people just accepting this? Metal heads, and all the other special walkers have a good basis to be in the game.
    >
    > Stop the insanity!

What about Andrea?

The only thing she ever hit on the first shot was Daryl.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    CaptainslayerJaden
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 190
    See if this logic works:

1) Fast walkers' dodge ability is really the survivor missing - not the walker dodging.
    2) The survivor missing is caused by the speed of the walker.
    3) The speed of the walker is only a factor when the walker is moving.

Therefore:

The fast walkers' dodge ability should only kick in during overwatch - when the walker is moving. At all other times the survivor is supposed to be hitting a stationary target, so speed should not cause a miss.
    CoolsebTCBRITOSgtSalami
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 190

@Grendel

I know this is a turn based game, but...

Imagining the walkers standing there waiting their turn.

lol

I get that, but the point is still valid. There are certain times when the walkers would be moving and certain times when they are stationary. Overwatch / non-overwatch is as good a way to make the distinction as any.
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 97
    It's a good point of view
    realistic
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 899
    edited October 2019
    @Firekid the diagonal movement is 1.414 times greater than the distance of a forward move so within the rules it should be 2.828 spaces, NG don't deal in decimal points so probably 3 spaces. Fast walkers 4 spaces turns into 5.656, probs 6 in a directly diagonal line.
    SPC_TORRESJenng
  • yousyous Member Posts: 3
    Ta tout dit daiiko les nouveaux z c'est du n'importe quoi MDR
    Coolseb
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,111
    Don’t read about how they can walker through stunned walkers or around corners past you and keep doing that.
    Coolseb
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,953
    @avelardez
    Walkers have always been able to walk through walkers. Nothing changed.

Difference is that regular walkers can not move far enough to get through more than 1 walker.

Our survivors can also walk through several of our own survivors.

Nothing changed, there are just some things that were less obvious when there were no fast walkers.
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 97
    > @avelardez said:
    > Don’t read about how they can walker through stunned walkers or around corners past you and keep doing that.

I saw your videos, Doom. You're not the only one. It's a bit frustrating. The amazing way he walk on one of your last is just a think about cheating.... Going upside down like this seems impossible at least.
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,380
    I know this has been brought up already but landing a body shot and having them dodge the same attack? How does that work?
    I don't think the body shot landed and just showed up first because the skinny dodged that attack. If it wasn't a dodge it would've just been a body shot.
    SPC_TORRES
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,953
    edited October 2019
    psychwolf said:

Landing a body shot and having them dodge the same attack? How does that work?

The game has been calculating body-shot first. For a very very long time now.
    That is why you can dodge with hazard suit against high level walkers.
    The body-shot makes the critical hit a body-shot. The body shot you can dodge.

psychwolfBurmeliinisSPC_TORRES
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 561
    Having them wade through a wall of stunned walkers 3 deep and putting me into a struggle is pissing me off. Total bs.
    TCBRITOWellyLuga
    @bladgier Yeah that happened to me too. It's ridiculous.
    Eh, nerf the hell out of them. Give them 3 movement and no dodge (except for maybe in overwatch-nice idea). They have no place in twd world. If you keep them, make them only a little faster (maybe they are less decrepit). For me though, I want them gone.
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 196
    These are supposed to be FAST walkers, so fine, let them be fast, but let some other kind of regular speed walker be the dodgey ones.
    ShadowWalker
  • teabagteabagbagrotteabagteabagbagrot Member Posts: 22
    > @Governator said:
    > Those Fast Walkers must have been Black Friday Walmart Shoppers before they turned. :lol:
    >
    > (Image)

• DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 18
    > @bladgier said:
    > How to balance fast walkers?
    > Remove them from the game that's how 😆

Je suis d'accord avec toi, il y a pas d'autres moyen 🤷🏿‍♂️. Surtout s'ils ne sont pas dans la série je ne vois pas ce qu'ils font dans le jeu.
    bladgierreekookr
    I cleared 2k much easier than last week. I don't get all the hate?

They are new and frustrating, but hardly game breakers.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    TWDaddictionGrendel
    The diagonal movement should be tweaked, that's my only real gripe.

I was gonna start a thread to address it, but after digging around I found this one. Glad I looked.

I was gonna start a thread to address it, but after digging around I found this one

Pasted
    jimmorrison369Artminius

I was gonna start a thread to address it, but after digging around I found this one

Pasted one more time?
    SPC_TORRESmirCoolseb
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 148
    Reduced healing times always make the challenge easier @ATLAS-Z

1 minute gas helps.

So does the presence of master missions still doable at high level.

So I don't think that observation (easier than last week) is indicative of the difficulty of the fast walkers either way.

I do know i've had a lot of unexpected hospital visits this week.
    ShadowWalkerJadenCoolseb
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 376
    I like em a lot and this challenge!

Like I said, the only problem is when they dodge multiple attacks in a row. Literally had all 3 of my survivors get dodged..... There’s absolutely no strategy to that. That’s strictly RNG and it’s an instant struggle and most likely failed mission at a high rsl. Unfair in my opinion but what can ya do.

Only strategy I guess is making sure you use a charge attack on them which is what I had to do at high RSL (some have reported they dodge charge attacks???? But I haven’t witnessed that)

Regardless, I had a PB by almost 200 stars and it certainly wasn’t because of hero Abe or charged warriors.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,071
    On a serious note I'm kinda liking them.
    Only 2 things:
    1. Moving trough a wall of like 5 walkers
    2. What @mimica said, the further awareness
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 376
    edited October 2019
    > @Mario_Romero said:
    > Reduced healing times always make the challenge easier @ATLAS-Z
    >
    > 1 minute gas helps.
    >
    > So does the presence of master missions still doable at high level.
    >
    > So I don't think that observation (easier than last week) is indicative of the difficulty of the fast walkers either way.
    >
    > I do know i've had a lot of unexpected hospital visits this week.

Idk. I think it is. I always spend gold (so reduced healing saved me gold that’s it) and yes the one minute gas helped, but again that didn’t make it “easier” from a difficulty standpoint. I definitely do think they both helped us push faster, easier. But this is the hardest difficulty I’ve ever been able to get past. I’ve tried with different mapsets at this rsl and failed miserable, So to me personally, I think this mapset is easier.

The gas time and healing didn’t help the “difficulty” for me, just made me accomplish it faster
    ATLAS-Zbladgier