Fast Walkers??

123457»

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,717
    @Mario_Romero you're right about the event. Sorry brain not fully booted up yet today.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    edited October 13
    @TWDaddiction dude your right too

Still not fully booted

Edit, need more coffee
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    TWDaddiction
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    I also posted in another of the (far too many) fast walker threads, but another issue is that it seems regular walkers move before fast walkers. This means the obvious spaces next to your bruisers will get occupied by the regular walkers, and the fast walkers end up doing those insane loops and end up next to your glass cannon.

By changing the order so that fast walkers move first it will be much easier to predict where they will move.
    ATLAS-ZDanski_46kookaburraJaden
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > I also posted in another of the (far too many) fast walker threads, but another issue is that it seems regular walkers move before fast walkers. This means the obvious spaces next to your bruisers will get occupied by the regular walkers, and the fast walkers end up doing those insane loops and end up next to your glass cannon.
    >
    > By changing the order so that fast walkers move first it will be much easier to predict where they will move.

I actually love this simple solution.

Also -1 diagonal movement minimum
    Burmeliinis
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 155
    edited October 13
    It's not just easier than last week; the entire top 100 US leaderboard is going to be 2000+ stars. I've only been paying attention to the leaderboards for 6 months or so, but I don't remember seeing that before (except for maybe during the whisperer challenge).

And this is with a crappy warrior boost. Imagine if there had been a bruiser or scout boost.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    edited October 14
    Walkers closest by always move first. If they don't, you get strange habits in mechanics.
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,804
    bladgier said:

I just had one move trough a huge wall of walkers, like 4 or 5 spaces trough them on dumpsite. That does seem off. Also their movement seems like more than 4 grids.

Agree 100%
    Had one start next to the pile

Then round the corner pass the metal thing and hit Rick at the gate

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    @SPC_TORRES
    That is still only 4 steps.

Just a horrible disregard for diagonal movement. We would need 6 steps for that...
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 381
    I've merged the Fast Walker threads together.

Thank you all for the feedback guys. They're specific to this challenge set for now, so no worries about them creeping up on you anytime soon 😆 We'll definitely look at this thread and consider tweaking them for sure. But as was mentioned earlier, remember that these are special walkers and should be compared to Tanks, Spiked, Armored and Metalheads (not justifying, just pointing it out - we'll still consider revising FWs)

With that said, I'm curious about something. Despite the troubles and frustrations, many players have hit their PBs during this challenge and it shows on the leaderboards as well - what's the reason? Were the FWs easy to overcome, or were the maps easy to strategize around? Enlighten me pls :D
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 264
    We had one minute gas, that helped me
    psychwolfJaden
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 137
    1 minute gas and faster healing for me.
    Currently guild-less.
    psychwolfKratosJaden
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    Yes I believe history will show any time we have fast healing and 1 min gas scores go up. I personally scored about 200 stars more because of this, as I would not have fast healed with full price healing.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

psychwolfRealClareB
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    I set a PB and I think these were the reasons why:

1 Min Gas
    Reduced Healing
    Master Missions at +5

@Fluxxx

A few players claimed that the FW were able to dodge charged attacks that are suppose to be guaranteed criticals (like scouts). I was under the impression that those attacks aren't suppose to miss. Personally I didn't experience any of that, but it would be great to get confirmation on how they work with FW.
    Jaden
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 381
    Oh yes I should've addressed that. They should definitely not be able to dodge critical attacks (it's impossible in the game), but if it has happened to somebody, please submit a video. Perhaps it could be some form of visual bug that makes players think the shot should've been a critical, not sure!
    ShadowWalker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,824
    edited October 15
    @Fluxxx I would say that the lack of fatties in this mapset helped too. Those are the walkers which cause me the most issues due to their insane amount of health at high levels. Without the one on .2 for dumpshite I could have gone much further.
    ShadowWalker
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,809
    edited October 15
    I think it was more important that there was no auto spawn body pile map. Normally that is the one that stops you.

I really enjoyed the variety of the set and the tactics needed, it's rare these days to use anything other than scouts and bruisers. There was a decent strategy to beat many of the maps at high level and it felt balanced to me.

Fast walkers weren't too troubling on the whole, it was just the unpredictable erratic behaviour and crazy movement which felt a little broken. It just felt to me they were there more to cause unexpected injuries you didnt deserve than to increase difficulty. Reduced healing helped a lot, scores will always be up on the whole with that event.
    ShadowWalkerOzzy99RealClareB
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    Fluxxx said:

Oh yes I should've addressed that. They should definitely not be able to dodge critical attacks (it's impossible in the game), but if it has happened to somebody, please submit a video. Perhaps it could be some form of visual bug that makes players think the shot should've been a critical, not sure!

If you're saying FWs CAN NOT dodge either standard crits or charged crits, then I'm happy. There has to be consistency in the game with largely predictable and reproducible outcomes (i. e. normal walkers always sticking to 2 space movements on horizons and diagonals), otherwise you will have a load of consistently upset players.

Please disallow FWs from being able to travel thru stunned or rooted models. Make them have to go around... Or... Be able to attack and kill adjacent targets (including own allies) to get thru the barrier, they are feral beings after all.

Make grid lines a toggle option so we can correctly judge moves ala a game of chess.

And lastly.... LET US KNOW OUR EXACT HEALTH VALUES DURING PLAY please... we have played thru judgement for a long time now, allow us to know what we're properly dealing with, we see enemy info, let us see our own.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    ShadowWalkerRealClareB
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,804
    Fluxxx said:

With that said, I'm curious about something. Despite the troubles and frustrations, many players have hit their PBs during this challenge and it shows on the leaderboards as well - what's the reason? Were the FWs easy to overcome, or were the maps easy to strategize around? Enlighten me pls :D

For me..... I crushed my PB on all 3 accounts......... my 2 mains +200 and my lowest +259

It was several things...... and sorry guys gas and healing did not help me.
    I got off of center did some badge work, beefed up my melee team and used my head on the maps. Most challenges Gov / Stabby Rick / Abe
    Boom hit 1k stars and call it done.

So I wanted to do something out of the box, took advantage of charged warrior and Michonne's LT and WOW ! Still had maps i used ranged on with Super ABE this week.

Plus after doing the maps enough times.... ( but still had a little trouble with the 4+ step walkers ) I was able to keep my distance from them.

Jenng
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 54
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > Oh yes I should've addressed that. They should definitely not be able to dodge critical attacks (it's impossible in the game), but if it has happened to somebody, please submit a video. Perhaps it could be some form of visual bug that makes players think the shot should've been a critical, not sure!

As said, i'm sorry I didn't film it, but it arrived to me.
    With bruisers and one time with Rick and a spear charge attack.
    I tried to hit a Normal walker in the circle. It arrived. I tried to hit FW, it arrived. I must admit, it's not completely all the time, but it's a fact. Overall, FW is the only one who dodge of course. But it's frustrating to charge attack a group and see and Z passing by....

To answer to your question, yes I explode my PB too.... Thanks to the weekend event and 1700 gold too.......
    @coolseb, like mentioned before, bruisers' charge attack is not guaranteed critical so they can be dodged. Stabby Rick's charge attack can't be dodged so I think you misremember that one.

I know a lot of people took videos due to the unexpected movement of the fast walkers, but there has not been a single video of a fast walker dodging something it shouldn't be able to dodge.
  • CoolsebCoolseb Member Posts: 54
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > @coolseb, like mentioned before, bruisers' charge attack is not guaranteed critical so they can be dodged. Stabby Rick's charge attack can't be dodged so I think you misremember that one.
    >
    > I know a lot of people took videos due to the unexpected movement of the fast walkers, but there has not been a single video of a fast walker dodging something it shouldn't be able to dodge.

As I said, I didn't make a vid but it arrived to me... But... Wait a minute... What? Bruiser's charged attack not garanteed a critical hit!?
    😳 As every charged attack produce a critical hit (except for the second shot warrior/shooter) It seems to be unlogic that is not the case for this class 🤔 overall for a class that make less damages....
    (as you tell me that, I'm doubtful about assault now 🙄 'cos the only thing I' m sure is that their charged attack do not result bodyshot 🤔)
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,824
    @Coolseb yep assaults and bruiser are both Guaranteed non body shot on their charge attack. Not guaranteed critical hit.
    tabernacCoolseb
    > @Firekid said:
    > @Coolseb yep assaults and bruiser are both Guaranteed non body shot on their charge attack. Not guaranteed critical hit.

It's all true, all true...

But really really silly.

I don't think any imbalance would come from allowing a guaranteed crit from these last two hold-out classes.

Honestly @Fluxxx ? Don't you agree?

Let's just make it standard across the board?

This would also minimize some of the hate against our newest Walker friends;-)
    jimmorrison369Coolseb
    Yeah, especially as those classes already do the smallest amount of damage, so a guaranteed critical will not change that much. In the best of worlds it might even make the Zweihander useful.
    ATLAS-ZCoolseb
  • iBolskiiBolski Member Posts: 55
    Walkers that can dodge bullets? What is this? World War Z? Please remove these walkers. They are an abomination to TWD universe.
    In-Game Username: Bolski
    Guild: Undead Outlaws (Elder), Glorious Undead (Leader)
    Facebook group: Undead Outlaws (not TWD:Undead Outlaws group)
    ATLAS-Z
    I love it when the Rando noob shows up out of nowhere just to rage about something then **poof** gone
    Coolsebboosh